= Tier: Moons
|NES Hudson's Adventure Island IV (JPN) in 19:32.15 by Cardboard.|
|FCEUX movie (.fm2) (date: 2009-06-18)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 32.85 MB, length: 22:35)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 42.80 MB, length: 22:35)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.dailymotion.com)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #2247 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 6.5 (19 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Genre: Platform
This movie has been obsoleted!Click here to see the movie that obsoleted it.
This is the fourth in a series of Hudson's Adventure Island games. It was only released in Japan as Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima 4. Unlike the first three games in the series, the gameplay behaves more like Metroid, where you explore the world freely, you collect items (and dinosaur helpers) to gain new abilities, and the ending is triggered by defeating all the bosses. Also, there is no timer, and the hero can survive more than one hit, using fruits to replenish his health.
In this run, Cardboard beats the game very quickly by using damage boosts to proceed at high speeds. For more details, read the submission comments.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff