= Tier: Moons
|PSX Mega Man X5 (USA) in 16:38.18 by Bernka.|
|PCSX movie (.pxm) (date: 2012-01-20)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 107.73 MB, length: 21:03)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 123.88 MB, length: 21:03)
Mirror www.archive.org (MP4 Modern HQ)
Watch on (aktan.site90.com)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #3408 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1547 (16:51.08)
Rating: 7.9 (12.5 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Platform
|In an effort to avoid the status quo, Capcom decided to experiment, throwing in a leveling system and story-based launch scenarios. Beyond that, it's really just a Mega Man |X Zero game.
This is the first game in the series to allow character choice before each stage. Zero is chosen as often as possible, leaving X behind to gather dust. The abusable sword physics highlight Zero's superiority, especially when the sword is used while standing on the ground. Bosses fall very quickly, even when they have 127 health. See the Game Resources page and the author's comments for an explanation of how these tricks work.
There are about 5 minutes of action in this run, which consist mostly of flying through levels and a boss rush on the hardest difficulty mode, Xtreme.
This run is 12.90 seconds faster than the previous run.
We also have a run which completes all stages and a 100% run.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff