= Tier: Vault
|SNES The Firemen (JPN) in 15:25.14 by Cardboard & Vidar.|
|snes9x movie (.smv) (date: 2013-01-10)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (size: 58.36 MB, length: 19:56)
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 61.47 MB, length: 19:56)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #1582 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 5.9 (5 votes)
|- Takes damage to save time|
- Genre: Adventure
|In The Firemen the player controls the fireman, Pete. The Metrotech building is a high-rise chemical plant, which today is hosting a Christmas party, and a fire! Gameplay follows Pete and his sidekick Danny, but there are also three other members of the unit that show up in cutscenes. Their plan is to collect the dangerous explosive MDL from the basement, and use it to blow up the water tank on the roof! The game is set in New York, but it never got a US release.
This run uses the invincibility after taking damage from small fires to get past larger fires. Water grenades can greatly speed boss fights, so the route takes detours to pick some up. Explosions from spraying certain windows is used, because it puts out nearby fires. Boss-battles are finished near the door to save time when the game auto-leaves the level.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer/Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- Nintendo Game Boy/SGB/GBC, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- DOS, Microsoft MSX, Microsoft Windows
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Bandai WonderSwan
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff