= Tier: Moons
|Genesis Contra: Hard Corps (JPN) "secret ending" in 04:57.42 by Soig.|
|Gens movie (.gmv) (date: 2015-09-02)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 42.40 MB, length: 07:21)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 45.45 MB, length: 07:21)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4811 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #1097 (04:57.28)
Rating: 7.5 (5 votes)
|- One player in a multiplayer game|
- Takes damage to save time
- Genre: Platform
- Genre: Shooter
|Contra: Hard Corps (1994) was the first game in the series to be exclusively released on a non-Nintendo console. The game took a lot of elements from previous installments and spiced them up with even more dynamic combat, different playable characters, nonlinear plot and about twice the amount of boss fights.
In this movie the author takes the secret "fifth ending", thereby skipping most of the game. If you want to see runs which play more of the game, then you should see this run (with the quickest "normal" ending) or this run (with the "best" ending).
The Japanese version was chosen because, for some reason, it gives the players a health bar, allowing them to take some damage without dying.
While the time may look longer, it is a 0.25 second improvement over the previous movie. The previous movie used an inaccurate FPS (60) instead of the standard Genesis framerate (59.923).
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff