= Tier: Moons
|Lynx Blockout (USA) in 03:14.81 by dwangoAC.|
|BizHawk Movie (.bk2) (date: 2015-10-07)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 3.10 MB, length: 03:30)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 3.57 MB, length: 03:30)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #4865 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 6.9 (8 votes)
|- Heavy luck manipulation|
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Genre: Puzzle
|Blockout is best described as a 3-dimensional successor to Tetris with shapes of up to 5 cubes arranged in various polyforms falling into a 3D pit. Blockout remains popular as there is still an active community as well as several leaderboards. The game was ported from the original DOS to Apple IIGS, Macintosh, Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, Atari Lynx, Genesis and arcade, with the Lynx version faithfully ported by the original designers, Aleksander Ustaszewski and Mirosław Zabłocki. The original manual is available courtesy of archive.org (albeit with several inaccuracies compared to the released game) and Hardcore Gaming has a good history of the game's development and subsequent ports.
This run by dwangoAC completes all levels of Blockout as fast as possible on Out-Of-Control with Fast Rotation.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff