= Tier: Moons
= Notable improvement
|NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player" in 21:38.38 by feos, Alyosha & Samsara.|
|FCEUX movie (.fm2) (date: 2016-04-17)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 68.88 MB, length: 22:49)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 89.16 MB, length: 22:49)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5093 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #320 (24:20.12)
Rating: 8.1 (10 votes)
|- One player in a multiplayer game|
- Uses death to save time
- Forgoes warps
- Forgoes major skip glitch
- Forgoes final boss skip glitch
- Forgoes time-saving glitches
- Foregoes memory corruption
- Genre: Action
- Genre: Platform
|Battletoads (1991) is a futuristic beat 'em up game known for its extreme difficulty spread over 12 difficult levels. The mechanics in the game also change drastically from level to level, making the game one of the hardest and most varied for the NES.
In this game, the second most diabolical evil genius in the universe, The Dark Queen, has kidnapped Princess Angelica and Pimple - a battletoad. Rash and Zitz must save them by traveling through the most insane multilevel set of plans ever designed. This includes falling down huge shafts, racing through obstacle courses at breakneck speeds, riding on snakes through a massive maze of spikes, passing through a killer ventilation system, navigating through a missile defense system, climbing a never ending revolving tower, and much much more. Along the way, the Battletoads must also face off against an evil army of robots, genetically engineered rodents, and The Dark Queen herself.
In this run, feos, Alyosha, and Samsara improved upon the previous publication by 2:39.33 using many new tricks and glitches.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by MESHUGGAH & feos in 00:56.51
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by MESHUGGAH & feos in 00:56.76
- - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by MESHUGGAH in 00:56.94 (2012-11-20) - - - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "game end glitch"
by TheZlomuS & DyLaX in 01:02.68 (2012-09-11)
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by feos, Alyosha & Samsara in 21:38.38
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by Phil & Genisto in 24:20.12
- - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by foda in 26:31.67 (2005-01-22) - - - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 1 player"
by foda in 27:33.38 (2004-05-20)
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players"
by feos & MESHUGGAH in 11:04.72
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players"
by foda in 15:29.03
- obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 1 player"
by Phil & Genisto in 13:27.98
- - obsoletes NES Battletoads (USA) "warps, 2 players"
by Phil & Genisto in 19:18.78 (2004-04-29)
Added NES Battletoads (USA) "warpless, 2 players"
by foda in 24:57.47
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff