= Tier: Moons
= Notable improvement
= Has commentary
|GBC Shantae (USA) "100%" in 1:19:15.18 by arandomgameTASer.|
|BizHawk Movie (.bk2) (date: 2016-11-12)|
MKV file via BitTorrent (Modern HQ) (size: 123.23 MB, length: 1:21:21)
MP4 file via BitTorrent (Compatibility) (size: 153.09 MB, length: 1:21:21)
Mirror archive.org (MKV Modern HQ)
Mirror archive.org (MP4 Compatibility)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #5248 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Obsoletes movie #2946 (1:39:21.68)
Rating: 7.3 (4 votes)
|- 100% completion|
- Uses death to save time
- Takes damage to save time
- Uses warps
- Heavy glitch abuse
- Genre: Platform
|Shantae is an obscure Game Boy Color game released over a year after the Game Boy Advance came out. Because of this, it was released in extremely small quantities. It is notable for its impressive animation and scope.
In this run, arandomgameTASer goes for 100% completion, which includes getting all upgrades, all magic dances and at least one of each usable item. The run also collects the Tinkerbat form which is only accessible if the game is played on a Game Boy Advance.
Additionally, this run is over 20 minutes faster then the previous run, thanks to a plethora of new glitches, tricks, and route optimizations. More information is provided in the author's comments
We also have a run that just completes the game as quickly as possible.
Downloadable encodes have the author's commentary as soft subtitles.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff