- Emulator used: PCSX-RR v0.1.3
About this game:
This game, the fifth game in the X series, is about a giant space colony that's about to drop down on Earth, and you need to collect 4 pieces (from the first four Mavericks) of a giant laser cannon, which can be used to blow it up. Usually, it fails and you need to get 4 pieces (from the final four Mavericks) from a space shuttle to use that instead. Here, though, the laser blows it up in one shot without any pieces collected. (Which, in real time, has a 1/16 chance of occurring). This instantly unlocks the final stages, which are therefore the only stages needed for completion. Of course, this being an X game, expect loads of instant death spikes, wall jumping, dashing and challenging bosses, and Sigma as the final boss.
- Slash Dash Cancel (SDC): First hit of a triple jab (which doesn't activate invincibility) can be cancelled with a dash, which can be cancelled into another slash. Repeat for lots of damage.
- Turnaround SDC: By turning around while doing the first hit of a triple jab, Zero will automatically do the second slash in the other direction. It's faster than normal SDC, provided it's actually possible to hit with it.
- Lowering ranks to save time: Boss levels in this game determine the bosses' health, and these are (partially) determined by your rank, so lowering your rank intentionally makes some boss battles shorter. These include Rangda Bangda W, X and Sigma's first form.
Because of this, Zero ends up with a SA rank instead of the published run's GA rank.
I saved 244 frames than the current published run by Mothrayas.The improvements come from intro stage,Zero Stage 2 and Boss Rush.
- Intro stage,I saved 27 frames,the Boss fight is very fluently,but I have to wait for the luck manipulation of cannon more.
- In Zero Stage 2,there is one enemy which needn't to destroy,so I saved about 30 frames there.
- Boss Rush,I saved about 2 seaconds in Dark Necrobat and Spiral Pegacion.
For more details,please check up the run.
Before the first Sigma's door,there are some box will disappear,I found them appear faster when Zero move as front as he can.I saved 32 frames here.
About the new improvement,I do better in final boss fight.I hit him more time while Sigma is appearing and I just finished the last hit when Sigma disappear.Second time Sigma appearing,I do the same as the old run,SDC slash him on his arms and destroy one of them,I also just finished the last hit when Sigma disappear.After Sigma's arm was destroyed,he would keep appearing,letting me hit him more,and finished him faster before he send out Orb of Lightning second time,96 frames saved.Sigma's appearance also need to manipulate.
I also improved the intro stage,boss fight looks faster,7 frames improvement come from here.
In-game ending stats:
Play Time: 5' 38"
Total of improvement:347 frames(5.78 seconds).