Hello again :D I'm back with this Monkey Magic TAS, my last run
was desynced so I had to redo, and this new one is improved by 30.743 frames (~8min and 32 second) due to new discovers :D
PSXjin v2.0.2 svn0, bios scph7502, Graphics changed to "Nice" + Window mode 640x480, other settings are default!
About the run:
About the TRICKS:
- Aim for fastest completed time
- Take damage to save time
- Use death as shortcut
About the run:
- Conversation skip: Normally use game retry can skip this, but without the Check point this trick is useless! Freeze and unfreeze the Monkey is the best to use! The game will check for conversation at 2 times: the moment the bat appears and when it totally appears, so there are 2 ways to use this trick: Freeze and unfreeze 2 times or just Freeze and wait for the bat totally appear, then unfreeze!
- Damage level: Min -> Normal ATK -> Jumping ATK -> Gold Monkey ATK -> Gold Monkey Jumping ATK -> Power Rod -> Gold Monkey Power Rod -> Max. Power Rod has no effect with bosses
- Running: Using the Power Rod is faster than normal run, but Monkey will stun for a while, so in general, normal run is faster. To skip the stun, there are 5 ways: enter door, start conversation, climbing, freeze the Monkey or jump to cloud
- If the Monkey flies on the cloud, you can skip the animation of doing thing, for example, load the gun, pull the switch...
- Jumping: Jump and instantly attack, after the attack finished, jump again. This allows Monkey to "fly" in the air but the height
cannot rise can rise but a little. Jump and freeze the Monkey then unfreeze, and jump again (you can do this to infinity after you get infinite power), with this trick the height can rise much so Monkey can jump to the very high.
- Chapter 1: Enter Stone Monkey - Find Subodye's school and master your Magic Power
Improvement comes from the Jumping trick, after getting Green Magic, I jump to the top instead of go to small passage, this skips the boring chatting with Master, too!
- Chapter 2: Search for the Ultimate Weapon - Obtain the Power Rod
By freeze and unfreeze the Monkey, 2 boring conversations are skipped
- Chapter 3: Flower Fruit Mountain - Rescue your friends and defeat the Celestial Fleet
Death is faster than Pause the game and retry. The conversation with the bat is skipped and there's now no need to find the key.
At boss fight: I had to load the Gun normally at first to keep it works
- Chapter 4: Javan Mountain - Pass the Judges of the Dead and rescue Runlay
I must bring 10 books to the Judges. The events in game happen when I get the books. Each time I get one, the scene will move to show the door's opened. By freeze and unfreeze the Monkey, I can move when this happens, but if I move too far, I will die immediately (map glitch), so I have to use the Check point. But if I use that, the event won't happen completely, so the door's still close (or the rock won't raise)
- Chapter 5: Jourley to the Celestial Heavens - Gain the Divine Power
Found new shortcuts :)
Game's voice is the rom problem!
: While the poor sound emulation for the dialogue is a bit of a hindrance, the TAS itself looks decent. Accepting.
Note that this TAS syncs on the bios scph7001 rather than the standard scph1001, if you want to play back the input file. Hoandjzj, please use scph1001 for any future PSX TASes.