Popeye is on an adventure to Treasure Island when Brutus comes along and steals his treasure map and captures his friends. Popeye simply uses tool-assisted precision to ruin Brutus' day.
- vba v22
- Takes damage to save time
- Abuses glitches
- Genre: Platform
About the TAS
- Popeye can run by holding B, which is obviously used throughout the run. By picking up cans of spinach he can upgrade his muscles, and at the highest level, he shoots a projectile when he punches.
- When Popeye ducks, his hitbox is smaller, so we use it to pass under cielings faster.
- I tested with RAM Watch by watching value 0000DD10, and the projectile and the punch both do the same damage. Sometimes it will look like I'm delaying before hitting the boss, but sometimes the hits wouldn't register as a seperate one if I hit him too soon after the previous.
- By pressing Down while holding on to a rope, Popeye will go into his idle animation for 1 frame. If we press A, he will jump off much sooner then he normally could.
- Popeye can't continue a punch from midair on the ground. (ex. if I punch in the air and touch the ground before the animation is done, Popeye won't finish the animation.)
- The underwater levels in this game are seriously dumb, because you can't hit the cieling or you stall for a few frames, and you can't attack downwards so you have to go out of your way to get a good angle to kill them. I had to redo this level multiple times just to get it looking decent. The only other water level is too easy to optimize, mostly because it's a bonus stage. :P
Well, enjoy. The game isn't the best, but the levels aren't overly simplistic, there are some nice TAS tricks, and Popeye looks funny.
Oh, yeah, and the screenshot at the top is my suggestion if this gets accepted.
: The game is somewhat simplistic, but it looks humorously silly, and the viewers like the run well enough. The run looks good enough in quality. Accepting for publication.