This is a TAS of the second Mario game where he felt (this game came before Super Mario Bros. out). There is a speed run up to and including the 20 phase of the game.
Here i`do use the jump glitch that make mario jump higher or faster.
Time to do the TAS 1-2 h.
Me was trying to do that really fast.
Hope you enjoy :)
: Hello ScienenceFX, and welcome to TASVideos. Unfortunately, your run is not up to the standards of the site, and breaks a few rules:
- It is quite suboptimal, and can be improved a lot. This is demonstrated by some members in the submission thread. With some testing of my own, I concluded that on the first "Test your skill" stage, it is possible without much effort to get the timer to stop at 7.2s, whereas your run gets a time of 5.8s - a loss of 1.4 seconds on a minigame that lasts less than 15 seconds. This is way too much to be acceptable on the site.
- The goal choice seems quite arbitrary, as there are more phases after the 20th. Reportedly, the game ends in a loop at phase 99, so a run eligible for the Vault should make it up to and complete that round.
- The run uses the Mario Bros. Classic rerelease from Europe, which seems to have no merits over the traditional version aside from some extra screens showing off the enemies. It is generally preferred to use a NTSC (USA/Japan) release if available. See: Movie Rules - Use the correct version
- The movie also has the PAL flag unchecked, which causes the game to run 20% faster than it normally would. This breaks the rule that the region settings must be correct
- This game can be cleared much faster with 2 players, so it is practically a requirement to use 2 players for a Mario Bros. run to be publishable on the site.
Because of these reasons, I'm rejecting your run.
Better luck in the future!