This movie improves the cancelled #938: slash_star_dash's NES Kyouryuu Sentai Juuranger in 07:03.87
and my uploaded usermovie
by a lot of frames.
Table of contents [expand all
] [collapse all
- Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.2
- Uses hardest difficulty
- Aims for shortest input
- Manipulates cutscenes heavily
- Uses soft reset to start the game earlier / manipulate cutscenes
Each level after the boss fights offers a mini game to get a live. Obviously this is skipped all the time.
List of techniques and oddities appeared in chronological order
- Soft resetting early
- Using the reset button, we can start the game earlier and also manipulate cutscenes.
- Manipulate cutscenes
- Cutscenes are very complex in this game. They have 6 possible states, a counter for writing the characters and a delay timer. The game sometimes "overflows" the delay timer making button presses invalid after cutscenes which are obviously manipulated out. Another thing is the player Y, sub Y, x, sub X and input influences these timers.
- Cancelling movement stop when taking damage
- If you press A right when you take damage, you can continue to walk forward.
- Starting action before boss battles
- You can press A or B (jump or shoot or both) while entering the door to take action as soon as possible.
- Trident glitch
- You can get inside walls vertically and only from bottom to top. This is useful to avoid corners above your head.