About the game:
Crack Down is a 2D game created by Sega and published in arcades in 1989 first and on Genesis in 1990.
This is a 2D Run and Gun game where you need to plant bombs in designated locations then escape.
It has a 1 and a 2 player mode.
- Emulator used: BizHawk 22.214.171.124
- Hardest difficulty
- Abuses programming errors
- Luck Manipulation
- Aims for fastest time
- Use death to save time
- 2 Players !
Important things to know:
- There are 2 weapons: Machine Gun and Rocket Launcher. You can do melee attacks too.
- The Rocket Launcher is mainly used in this run because I can kill more than 1 enemy with 1 rocket.
- Every corner, I try to be stuck for 1 or 2 frames against the wall while walking. This teleports me forward a few pixels, saving a lot of time.
- You can clip into a wall in your right by pressing Right Left and Up at the same time: But When you are on, you get stuck on exept if the wall is very thin.
- The camera follows you but you are a bit displaced compared to the camera when you do the corner strat or when you press R L and U at the same time, and it stacks each time you do it.
- The game sometimes lags: In 1 or 2 levels, this is due to the emulator (= The console) which drops a ton of frames, but on some other levels, this is because the game is very badly optimized.
- 2 Players mode makes the game very laggy and slow ! That's not an emulation problem
- When you plant a bomb, You are invincible for a while and you automaticly kill enemies when you approach them.
- The big bomb item kills all the enemies on screen and gives you a bit of invincibility, but this is very slow.
-About "Useless" kills:
On a few places, I've chosen to kill "useless" enemies. Sometimes there are not even in my way.
I've killed them for various reasons. Mainly because they will move in a very problematic place and if I don't kill them at this moment, I will need to lose a ton of frames later to kill them.
-About "Useless" moves:
These moves are most of the time for RNG manipulation.
-About the 2-3 door:
I need to shoot 7 times on the door to open it with the blue character but the 2nd door is glitchly and need a very bug amount of shoot
-About Death Warp:
On Stage 3, Act 2, there are 3 Death Warps which saves me a bit of time.
The first one teleports me to a place soon to a mark.
The second one teleports me soon to a mark (Normally you have to get around).
The third one teleports me soon to the level's end (Normally you have to get around too).
-About Boss Fight:
On the path to kill the boss, there are invisible walls. To destroy them, you need 5 shots.
I had a lot of problems with the trigger which spawn the little robot at the end, I need them because if I can't kill them, I can't open the door to the end:
I can go throught every door and go to the end but the enemies will not be here so I will be stuck so I need to open some of them to activate the trigger.
I can kill the mad scientist when I want but same: Enemies will not spawn.
Normally, In casual and 1 player I should use the big bomb to kill the enemies at the end but here, shooting on them is faster.
Thanks to Patashu who corrected my 1 player submission text and Thanks to Dimon12321 who helped me to do this TAS !