Fat Rat Knight
Hey, this is my own page! I now have one to myself!
I consider myself pretty decent at programming. A few emulator lua scripts to look at:
- Subtitles script - General purpose subtitles display.
- MtEdit (lsnes) - Rather dated, but it will use your configuration in lsnes and it has a nifty display.
- TASEditor XOR input helper (FCEUX) - All it does is read up your controller inputs and toggles the button for the current frame. It's sure convenient for me, since I'd like to use the keyboard to manipulate input, not the mouse.
- MtEdit (FCEUX) - Obsoleted by TASEditor. No plans to work on it.
I have also written a few FAQs at GameFAQs
, if you feel like looking through those. Hopefully, my more recent FAQs show themselves as better written than earlier ones.
Outside of writing and programming, I have done a few TASes as well...
Unfinished projects Stuff I started, but have yet to see completion
- NES Dungeon Magic - Cancelled due to improvements (which are published, as above)
- NES Guardian Legend, The - Rejected. But I never expected it to be accepted. A short 3 second long movie file that beats the game... If you leave the A button on auto-hold, and it also uses a password to access otherwise impossible values. Admins and judges, feel free to cite this as an example on what NOT to do!
- SNES Yoshi's Cookie "V.S. Mode" - Rejected. Another April Fool's submission. This was, however, among my first attempts into using lsnes. I figured I would at least try to have a 2P playaround. Not as though I expected success, but I wanted to provide some support to lsnes. With the Vault Tier now existing, perhaps I should try the full 1P Action mode...
- SNES Soul Blazer (.lsmv (USA) | .lsmv (JPN)) - An attempt at improving the published run. If I let this rest for a bit, maybe I'll have the solid determination like I had for Solar Jetman.
- SNES Brandish (.lsmv) - It's in my head. I'm pretty close, so very close. Not many floors left.
- The Guardian Legend - Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to complete this with my habits.
- NES Salamander (JPN) (.fm2) - Better known as Life Force in USA. I hope to someday beat adelikat's Gradius run in entertainment!
- GB Final Fantasy Legend - A joint project that got real far. So close to finally finishing, with all the digging we did...
- SNES HyperZone (.smv) - Fun little rail shooter. Rather than fastest time, I aim for maximum score. I'm... Getting there. Someday.
- SNES SimCity (.smv) - Someone came by. I'm still hoping we can work together. Doesn't seem likely now, but feel free to surprise me.
- DS Etrian Odyssey - A particularly long game. As a bonus, there's a map we can draw on at TAS speeds for some entertainment. Sadly, DeSmuME updated, and my old computer couldn't run the newest versions.
... And now I realize just how many projects I leave laying around, unfinished. I'm always willing to provide help relating to my old projects if anyone wants to TAS those games.
FatRatKnight last edited by FatRatKnight
on 2014-02-15 20:31:39Page info and history | Latest diff | List referrers | View Source
This page appears to be the personal page of FatRatKnight.
The following information is available of this person:
Note: Opinions expressed on homepages of our users
are the personal opinions of those people, and don't
necessarily represent the opinion of the whole TASVideos community.