= Tier: Vault
= Has commentary
|PCE Dungeon Explorer (USA) in 20:19.3 by DarkKobold.|
|Mednafen/PCEjin movie (.mc2) (date: 2010-10-16)|
MP4 file via BitTorrent (size: 44.37 MB, length: 37:46)
Watch on (www.youtube.com)
Submission #2867 — Author's comments
Discuss this movie
Rating: 6.6 (16 votes)
|- 5 Players|
- Takes damage to save time
- Genre: Action
- Genre: RPG
|Dungeon Explorer is based off of Gauntlet, but adds a plot, bosses, magic spells and RPG elements. Notably, it also one-ups Gauntlet by allowing for five players.
The author races through the dungeons with all five players, making short work of bosses. The five characters were selected for their high starting agility, and include a fighter (blue), a warlock (purple), an elf (green), a bard (orange), and a thief (red).
Also, the only exit that matters is the last one used by a player, and the author uses this extensively to use the fastest character, the thief, to run when an earlier exit is available for the other characters to use.
A technical commentary with extra features by the author is available here.
Please read the welcome
page if you haven't already done so.
It explains the rules and methods that apply to all of these movies,
particularly the use of savestates
and frame advance
. Also refer to our Glossary
to understand terms we use, such as TAS
or other unfamiliar terms.
Similar movies by name and category traits (warning: can be quite random sometimes):
- Newest publications
- Special Stars
- Browse movies by system:
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Family Computer, Famicom Disk System, Super NES/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii
- Nintendo Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS
- Sega Master System/Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive/32X/CD, Sega Saturn
- DOS, Microsoft MSX/MSX2/MSX2+/turboR, Microsoft Windows
- NEC TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine/CD/SuperGrafx
- Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color
- Atari 2600/7800, Atari Lynx
- Apple II, Commodore 64
- Sony PlayStation
- Search by game name:
Webmasters, please don't link directly to the files.
Link to this page or the
Republication of movies from this site is only allowed under the following conditions:
- Video and audio content must not be changed (including the pointers to this site).
- The movies must be prominently labeled as tool-assisted speedruns.
- The actual player(s) (always shown at this site) must be properly credited.
Do not label them with speculations. If unsure, ask the site staff