I'm Upthorn. I'm currently working on improving Gens, the much neglected stepchild of the TasVideos community. The current focus of that working along with nitsuja to implement an improved GMV format
I have made these
If one of the games interests you, but you and you think you can do it better, please try your hand at it. I primarily made them to stimulate interest in the games.
Planned Gens improvements:
High Priority (Must be complete for next version)
- Generalized movie format upgrade.
- 24 & 32 bit color support (IE, no display mode change on startup)
- Better Configurability for hotkeys
- Integrating features of genstrace into gensmovie (partial disassemblies are often quite useful)
- Multitrack recording
Medium Priority ("coming soon" but not holding up any releases for these)
- Macro support
- Volume control (Gens is usually the loudest thing I've got running)
- Bookmarking savestate system (as an alternative to slotted savestates).
- Overwrite rerecording mode toggle (for easy wobblectomies)
- Ram search/watch overhaul to fix update-failure issues
- Watchpoints -- emulation break conditions for ram watches
Low Priority (to be implemented as convenient)
- Watch pointed value (for dynamically allocated values, like boss HP in some games, or player velocity and position in Knuckles Chaotix)
- Adding some configuration options to "auto-fire" (IE, number of frames between presses)
- Making the input configuration dialogs display current settings
- Sega CD sync fixes
- Better font for displaying frame counter. (Adding a menu for font choice.)
- Dynamite Headdy - Cancelled. Emu and Trask have done some great things with their wips, and I'd rather let them handle it than have to compete.
- Kolibri - On Hold. The motion seems very smooth in 60 frames per second, but this is implemented in a way which makes frame advance control very difficult to get used to.
- Sonic CD - On Hold. Sega CD recording isn't stable enough yet.
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (All Emeralds as Knuckles) - Submitted
- Bust A Move (SNES) - On Hold. I can't find the RNG ram address, so I have no way of telling what color will come up next. I had started under the assumption that it simply ran modulus on the framecount, but that is obviously not the case.
- Knuckles Chaotix (low glitch) - My first version is very glitchy, and rather fast, but not very entertaining, because of the constant wall zipping.
- Knuckles Chaotix (All chaos rings) - The special stages are really the most entertaining part of this game.
- Knuckles Chaotix (improvement) - My first version is pretty far from optimum. When I made it, my only means of input was a keyboard which only allows for 4 keys pressed at once. (3 buttons + frame advance). I now have a USB control pad at my disposal. Perhaps I could test, as well, to see if some of the rubber band stuff controls better with 2 players.
- Ristar improvement - Better velocity control is now possible due to ram watch. Better luck manipulation is possible by not being lazy.
- Sonic 2 improvement - I know that there are at least 15 seconds of improvement possible due to some previously unknown glitches. Better velocity control may also be possible due to the advents of Ram watch and soniccamhack. Before I start I'll want to get nitsuja's permission to use parts of his run unchanged if they aren't improvable.
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles triple run - Planning stages.
Comments and feedback are welcome.
Other comments you can just leave here.
Upthorn last edited by upthorn
on 2010-11-28 08:16:33Page info and history | Latest diff | List referrers | View Source
This page appears to be the personal page of upthorn.
The following information is available of this person:
Note: Opinions expressed on homepages of our users
are the personal opinions of those people, and don't
necessarily represent the opinion of the whole TASVideos community.