Post subject: Top 10 TAS moments
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
Nominate the best things ever done in a TAS. Having seen less movies than many people here, I can't nominate as many, but I do nominate 4: The crazed jumping around in Super Mario 3, world 8, for all those 1-ups. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5776742897741139176&q=super+mario+3+genisto Super Mario 2, level 1-2, Toad throwing that sprout at Birdo, running through her, catching it, throwing the sprout again, catch, throw. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8762035193267440683&q=super+mario+2 Super Mario 1 no warps, level 5-1, "dancing" to the music. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-645727537800814824&q=super+mario+no+warps Aaaannnndddd... Many Megaman speedruns, for "zipping". This example is Morimoto's. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7625378742479412059&q=megaman+TAS LOL, a lot of Mario there. What can I say, it's a fun game. Post #50!
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Wrong thread should be in the awards thread.
Former player
Why? No awards being handed out in this thread.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Agreed with Kyrsimys, this is no an inappropriate thread. Don't mind AKA, he is a dick. When I first came to this site, one of the first moments to blow me a way was 6-2 of smb2U. I think it was genisto's movie at the time. But I remember thinking that this level would be boring looking because you have to ride the albatross across the level. It stunned me to see him do say "screw that" and JUMP across :O Wow, that was totally unexpected. I also enjoy all the moments you posted chamale
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I love top 10 lists! Mystic Cave 1 on Nitsuja's Sonic the Hedgehog 2 run. The Big Boo Fight Flagitious & VIPer7's Super Mario World 11 exit run. Rash punting Zitz's corpse into the exit hole on the first screen of the snake pit in FODA's Battletoads run. Awesome on Fabian's Super Mario World 96 exit run. Parrot Chute Panic on Sami's Donkey Kong Country 2 run. The first non-town area played in Genisto's Bionic Commando run (the orange tower to climb). The SpeedMockSpringBall through the green Brinstar passage in my Super Metroid 100% run. The first Maverick level (I think) on parrot14green's Mega Man X2 run. The level 6 boss on adelikat's Gradius run. The last couple music tracks combining on Ash Wiliam's Contra 3 run.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
I've always liked spezzafer's crazy egg throwing to get red coins / flowers right before he entered a door.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Player (81)
Sonic & Knuckles 3 by nitsuja - Ice Cap zone
End of Line
Player (29)
1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles Icecap Zone - Skips one whole act. :-o o-: (nitsuja) 2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles Carnival Night Zone. - Skips almost an entire act. Equally :-o (nitsuja) 3. Sonic Advance - The whole damn thing. (nitsuja) 4. Metroid Fusion - Holding the shinespark to skip the so-called obligatory missile pack. (Megafrost) 5. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! - Taking a punch from GODDAMN MIKE TYSON and getting up immediately. (adelikat) More later, these come to mind right away.
"The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." — Neale Donald Walsch DannyLilithborne on IRC
Senior Moderator
It had to be Top-13 (kinda) to contain everything. 1. Killing the space pirate guardian with a speed echo and having six Super Missile drops from it — Super Metroid RBO run by Saturn. Things like this just can't happen, ever. 2. Carnival Night Zone — Sonic 3 & Knuckles run by Nitsuja. Jawdropping experience. 3. Continuous screen wrapping — Excitebike by Superninja. It has its high rating for a reason. :) 4. Letter scribing — Gradius run by Adelikat. Where else would I see such a thing done that beautifully. 5. Fight with Goro — Mortal Kombat 4 run by Xyphys. I knew it would happen, but that fact didn't make it any less awesome. 6. Zipping through all the walls as Maxim — Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance by pirate_sephiroth. 7. Chaos fight — Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow by pirate_sephiroth. 8. Long zipping in Wily 3 — Rockman run by Bisqwit and FinalFighter. Not counting what is going on due to the glitch itself, it happens to match the music so good that it becomes rather difficult to forget it. 9. Post-boss antics — Ninja Gaiden 2 run by Scumtron. 10. Umm… the moment where he beats the game, I guess — King's Bounty by Aqfaq. He does it in a moment, and that is its greatest moment. Honorable mentions (runs that have too many awesome moments in them to choose anything certain): 1. Enemies falling down: steadily, willingly, furiously — Golden Axe run by Neofix. Later versions by Trazz have more of the entertainment sacrificed for speed, but this, IMO, is unrivaled in its style. 2. Tons of awesome speed tricks — Super Metroid 100% run by JXQ. 3. Almost everything from the beginning to the very end — Altered Beast run by Dan. The game is so hilarious that it's hard to think of anything boring in that run. Also, as a bonus: Top-3 NON-TAS moments! 1. Any example of an uncapped acceleration — Half-Life 2 speedrun by hl2dq team. Especially on that highway. 2. Skipping the long portal preparing scene — Half-Life by Spider-Waffle. However, skipping that much in that game is almost heroic. 3. Saving the animals — Super Metroid any% speedrun by Hotarubi. Totally made my day.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Banned User, Former player
Whoever's "SMB3 goof off" movie. Dying in a mushroom house :D
Perma-banned
Earthbound: Using PK Flash to kill Master Barf in one hit... Then having Poo swoop in for a completely unnecessary Starstorm. Air:Returning from the dead to complete the level. King's Bounty:Already been said Castlevania CotM: Bosses getting bwned.
Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host
Super Mario World: P jump over lava in C#1 (JXQ, Fabian) Super Mario World: Big Boo's fight (any of them) Donkey Kong Country: Mocking Kaptain K Rool while he jumps (either Sami or Arne_the_great) Mario 64: Tick tock clock (nuff said, master Foda) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: JXQ's commentary Kirby's Adventure: Pushing King DeeDeeDee (JQX, right?)
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Megaman X3 - nitsuja climbing the spike wall
This signature is much better than its previous version.
Fine I'll say something. SprintGod's Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The first S3&K run and we didn't even get any in progress previews of it. It just all of a sudden APPEARED as a submission. Quite something to experience the whole game being ruined at once without any prior expectations.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Reviewer, Active player (277)
I think something from Ouzo's three player Lost Vikings has to be up there somewhere. I like using Olaf's shield to skip most of a level in prehistoric times, Erik dying right as the level ends in Egypt, or the end of the final boss fight are great moments.
Agreed with DK64_MASTER, Mario 64 Tick Tock clock, Was just awsome. Sorry i havn't been on lately, real busy (I mean REAL busy) with school work, programming, animations band practice.
-Insert Comment Here- Why are pokemon so colourful?
1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (nitsuja) - Completely skipping Ice Cap Zone. Every TASer's dream, no? 2. Zelda II (Gigafrost) - Whee! It's like an acid trip! All the time! 3. Super Mario Bro. 3 (Morimoto) - First TAS I ever witnessed. It's still incredibly freaking cool, nailing 100 lives like that. 4. Megaman 1\2 (Bisqwit, FinalFighter, many others) - Watching Megaman zip through large chunks of the game. 5. Megaman X1 & X2 (DeHackEd) - Two games as once. I don't think that can really be classified as anything but INCREDIBLY AWESOME. 6. Ecco the Dolphin (Nitsuja) - Forcing his way through numerous glyphs he shouldn't be able to pass, absurd speed. God, I love it. 7. Super Mario 64 (Various) - Watching Mario flying around like some kind of freaky dimensional hopping ninja. 8. King's Bounty (Aqfaq) - I almost died laughing at how quickly the game ended. 9. Pit Fighter (FODA) - Overlooked, I think. I was keeled over in crippling laughter at those ridiculous combos. 10. Ocarina of Time (GuanoBowl) - I had no idea OoT was so susceptible to sequence breaks!
dot dot dot EXCLAIMATION POINT
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
OT: Pit fighter can be improved by over a minute :) I'm working on it.
Huzzah! I'm looking forward to it!
dot dot dot EXCLAIMATION POINT