Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Ok... These bitch games shall be done! And I shall play Super Star Wars like insane to get a nice run of it. I did the first lvl very good, but it keep desyncing whatever I do. I need some help with the desync problems and I'm willing to give it a more serious attempt! So if anyone know how to get it to work, please tell me, I'll practice meanwhile.
what version?
Tompa
Any
Super Star Wars, the first one.
Experienced player (612)
Tompa wrote:
Ok... These bitch games shall be done! And I shall play Super Star Wars like insane to get a nice run of it. I did the first lvl very good, but it keep desyncing whatever I do. I need some help with the desync problems and I'm willing to give it a more serious attempt! So if anyone know how to get it to work, please tell me, I'll practice meanwhile.
Try WIP1 Timing and Fake Mute desync workaround, those will likely do it.
Tompa
Any
No, it doesn't work... I said that I've tried all the settings. And I can't understand why changing the sound would have anything to do with the enemy set ups, which is the problem. Suddenly an enemy appears in the ground which wasn't there while recording. WTF?
Experienced player (612)
hmm, well, do you have Volume Envelope Height Reading on because that causes major desyncs and is best left off. Try starting over from scratch with just WIP1 Timing and Fake Mute desync workaround on because it sounds like you are trying to play your movie back after changing the settings. I'd gladly test this game out and let you know but I'm on my brother's computer and I can't really stand it. Also, another thing that this game may require is recording from reset much like DKC2 needed (although I can't remember why it needed it, was it desyncs or what?). Sorry if I patronized you in any way, shape or form. Also, I'm sorry if I'm not helpful.
Tompa
Any
Yes... I'm recording with those settings. I'm not totally stupid^^. But I've most of the combinations, nothing works. I just get different kinds of desync all the time, so I guess it affects it somehow... Using Wip timing and Fake Mute made the enemies act different. When I treid the Sync Samples, he never picked up the gun... And etc. Seem hopeless for me.
Experienced player (612)
I just remembered, do you have Interpolated sound on because that causes desyncs regularly and if that doesn't help than maybe it is hopeless.
Tompa
Any
Indeed I have. Could it maybe be because I'm holding L+R+B to slide too much? Because I'm not pressing on the very frame when you can... Can't be arsed to do that. I tried a "no slide run", and that worked. And I didn't use any specific settings that time.
Tompa
Any
Here's a test of the first lvl. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/4028/Super%20Star%20Wars%20%28U%29%20%28%21%29.smv It will desync at the boss, because it doesn't show up as early as it did while I recorded... Can anyone "see" if I'm doing something wrong. Or if I'm using the wrong settings etc.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
It does indeed desync for me. I don't know enough about snes9x to say what the problem is, I would have thought the options you used were good enough. Anyway, your play looks good enough but you should switch to Jedi mode.
Tompa
Any
Have mercy, lol. I suck at the game, and if I choose Jedi mode I'll only take more damage during the run. Which will make it a lot slower, and I don't think it's "worth it"... Have remade a part where it desync, which caused a desync at another spot. Hopefully I'll make the first lvl sooner or later...
Yeah, desyncs at the boss here as well. Options looked good though, so this might just be some random bug in the emulation? I recall there being other games like this on NES (Famtasia?).
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Skilled player (1670)
Won't this game be too repetitive in the end? I remember SSW being kinda boring at the later levels :/ Anyway I actually thought of making SSW once. We'll see if I get the time to do it.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Tompa wrote:
Have mercy, lol.
I can't say I blame you, I don't really know that Jedi mode is any more interesting. It's just a general site policy to play on the hardest mode available. But if it just means more hits on the bosses and fewer chances to take hits then maybe it isn't worth it. Honestly I think the other two games in this series will be more interesting for TAS due to the Force and expanded character moves. But this first one is simple for a good start.
Former player
You are using the staticy sound effect version aren't you :(
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
A TAS is supposed to show seemingly impossible maneuvers, right? Hard mode would serve that goal. So, if you feel able to tackle hard mode after completing easy mode, go for it! ;)
Tompa
Any
I won't change to hard mode, it's going to be much less entertaining. And about the other two games; if I can make this one good, I might give the other ones a try (Starting with Return of the Jedi.). I know a few tricks on that game. Back to the run. I haven't played for a few days now. I've improved some parts in the first lvl and am trying to make the boss appear, but it's still the same problem. I'll make it sooner or later I hope.
I did a bit of testing around with the first level. Strangely, I've watched my movie a couple times and it never desynched due to enemy placement. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/4100/Super%20Star%20Wars%20%28U%29%2831438%29.smv It's all fullspeed. There's no boss manipulation and I stop a lot because of enemies. I just wanted to see how the manipulation thing worked, and I know now that it's really annoying -_- I also watched your run. It was great until the desynch ^_^ Keep it up!
If you see me posting, I'm most likely being a douche. <small>Working on: not ever coming here again</small>
Tompa
Any
Yeah, manipulating is a bitch... I can manipulate the boss to show up just as the first life meter goes up. But that never happens in the movie... so I'm a bit annoyed. I improved it a bit to the boss. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/4101/Super%20Star%20Wars%20%28U%29%20%28%21%29.smv
Former player
The levels will get less boring after the first one. Was taking the extra few steps before the first sand pit faster than just jumping right away? You seemed to stop for a while before the last scorpion, but not the previous ones. Looks strange, might not be fixable I guess. The boss is manipulating is going to suck, but as you said it's possible to make him pop out right away. After that it's possible to manipulate it into never submerging again.
VANDAL wrote:
I just remembered, do you have Interpolated sound on because that causes desyncs regularly and if that doesn't help than maybe it is hopeless.
Tompa wrote:
Indeed I have.
So you say you do have Interpolated sound on, which is known to cause desyncs. Have you actually tried disabling it? (Did I miss something here?)
Active player (432)
Finally were able to see this! Looking good Tompa. Did you test to see if it was faster to shoot the scorpions rather than jumping over them?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Tompa
Any
After 1000+ rerecords at the boss, it's finally dead. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/4153/Super%20Star%20Wars%20%28U%29%20%28%21%29.smv I know that the boss fight can be improved. But I had to make him a bit slower to avoid even more "lovely" desyncs...
Looks good! Have you tried delaying for a wile to avoid shooting the rocks its throwing at you? Maybe its slower. also, just a question. but why arn't you using the [!] rom? It might help with desyncs. :D