1 2
16 17 18
32 33
Active player (308)
yeah, it's another room to the right of the Chaotic Realm, outside the map. You can't enter it without the scripted action.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
No unintentional room exits pointing there?
Active player (308)
The warping mechanis is still unknown... The game reads something bogus and interprets as coordinates and maybe there's a way to load it properly using the corner glitch + 0HP. (arukAdo said it's possible to reach the good endnig, and it's a room next to that one) Anyway, entering the wall in the room to it's left does not work.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Thought: does moving so that the weapon's hitbox moves in and out of an enemy multiple times per swing for additional hits work? Obviously, you'd need to be in the air for this to be at all possible. (Yes, I checked, you can change momentum while swinging.) Or does it only allow one hit per enemy per hitbox (Kaiser Knuckle has consecutive, for instance, as does Valmanway)?
Active player (308)
does this work for any other game? never heard of it before... but you'd need to move fast for that, probably you'd need Black Panther. After you hit the enemy there's a "cooldown" timer for that weapon. I dunno how many different timers can exist at the same time, but I'll try: 1 - Main weapon 2 - Bullet Soul 3 - Guardian Soul 4 - Kick (after double jump) or Slide - Dunno, maybe they use different memory addresses...
Bisqwit wrote:
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
does this work for any other game? never heard of it before...
It works for the Megaman Zero series at least.
pirate_sephiroth wrote:
After you hit the enemy there's a "cooldown" timer for that weapon. I dunno how many different timers can exist at the same time, but I'll try: 1 - Main weapon 2 - Bullet Soul 3 - Guardian Soul 4 - Kick (after double jump) or Slide - Dunno, maybe they use different memory addresses...
IIRC, they are using the very 4 timers. I could be wrong though. However, I am very sure that I've ever seen for once the "cooldown" timer for the main weapon get messed up with a knife and result in faster mutiple hits than designed. But I wasn't recording then. Neither can I reproduce it :(
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Yrr
Yeah it's me again! I apologize for not making any progress. However I'm having more time now and I think I could continue my run. I'm really tempted to finish this one. I have made a new Boss Rush, finished in 1:10:70. Here is the YouTube version.
Yrr wrote:
Here is the YouTube version.
o.o;; Uhm.. what the f*ck.... I could not even remotely keep track of all the soul and equipment switching. Methinks I am going to have to dumb this down to 6% or slower to even BEGIN to follow. Impressive none the less though. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Former player
That Balore tactic was amazing. Also, using the laser cannon was not something I would have expected to see.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Senior Moderator
Yrr wrote:
I have made a new Boss Rush, finished in 1:10:70.
Balore fight was yum. Otherwise, your movie seems to lose to zggzdydp's, while klmz's page suggests that either kind of run (glitched and unglitched) can be pushed several seconds lower. No idea how, though, I'm far behind klmz on Castlevania knowledge. Also, am I the only one who noticed that you uploaded an incomplete movie to Microstorage? Watching runs in emulators surely seems old-fashioned these days. :P Anyway, I'm really glad that you're back on the warpless run, it's so overdue it's not even funny. On the other hand, by now you have accumulated so much new tricks and strategies you're going to improve the published movie by hours!
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Yrr
moozooh wrote:
Balore fight was yum. Otherwise, your movie seems to lose to zggzdydp's, while klmz's page suggests that either kind of run (glitched and unglitched) can be pushed several seconds lower. No idea how, though, I'm far behind klmz on Castlevania knowledge.
Woa, I didn't know that most bosses could be skipped like that! So the Bat-glitch seems to be the Succubus-glitch of AoS o.O I didn't upload the whole thing? I am pretty sure I double-checked the file, oh well.
@Yrr: Uh, well, it's good news to know you're still working on it. @moozooh: I made those two (glitched and unglitched) bossrush TASes (in case the "WR" word is misleading). Unfortunately, I left them on an abandoned computer. According to pirate_sephiroth, someone seemed to manage to get and encode some of my bossrush movies, and upload the videos onto some video sites. I don't remember who I shared my movies with and/or when, though.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Active player (308)
yeah, I saw them somewhere at that bbs.cvcv.net board. the interesting part about the glitched boss rush was the return to the first room, to reset the timer... EDIT: and it seems I have lost the vbm klmz sent me back in the day.
Bisqwit wrote:
Yrr
Progress Also, higher rerecord count than frame count ftw Yeah, I collected a bit more stuff, hopefully making Death and the rest of the run faster (and more entertaining).
Senior Moderator
That's crazy awesome, man. Loved every second of it!
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Excellent work indeed! Keep up the awesomeness.
Former player
Definitely impressive to watch, keep at it for sure.
Still, I think taking damage to save time would be better... Anyhow, please keep at it!
Yrr
> Death killed < I didn't use GA because catoblepas did more damage and costs less mp. GA probably gets useful later (in combination with red minotaur). Compared to my other run, Death got killed so much faster, thanks to my much better equipment. He can't even perform his second attack in his second form =)
Senior Moderator
Excellent stuff. But why didn't you use Lightning Doll as a finisher for Death's first form?
Warp wrote:
Skilled player (1431)
Indeed, that should be faster, seeing as you can't attack him at full speed with the sword there. Anyway, this run is very awesome so keep it up :)
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
Awesome WIP as always. Soma's fast stabbing makes me laugh. Keep going, Yrr. Note: When I played the movie for the first time, it desynced around Catoblepas. VBA seems to have a desync cause.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
Yrr
gocha wrote:
Note: When I played the movie for the first time, it desynced around Catoblepas. VBA seems to have a desync cause.
I checked the movie several times and it works fine for me. I will redo the death fight, using LD on the first seems more efficient. With luck-manipulation it seems that Death's second form can be attacked without ever stopping or slowing down. Oh well.
Yrr
2nd Death fight Sorry for not posting any progress the last few weeks. I was a bit busy, and besides, Death was a bitch =/ The Death fight is a bit ugly, I had to duck to avoid Death's last attack. This fight is around 100 frames faster than the other one.
Post subject: RNG simulator Lua
gocha
Any
Emulator Coder, Former player
I wrote simple scripts which emulates RNG (ported from my PoR RNG simulator). CVAoS_RNG.lua - show how many times RNG was called per frame. CVAoS_RNG_WriteMem.lua - call RNG N times and write the final value to RAM. Edit: added simple watchlist as well - CVAoS_U.wch Edit: impressive WIP, as usual.
I am usually available on Discord server or Twitter.
1 2
16 17 18
32 33