Post subject: PCEjin Emulator Development (Deprecated)
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
PCEjin is considered depreated and it is preferred to use Bizhawk For these platforms. PCEjin is an emulator for windows that uses the accurate PCE emulation core and gives it a native Win32 interface and features. Like mednafen it uses the .mc2 file format. Both PCEjin and Mednafen are sync compatible. PCEjin supports all variants of PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16: TurboGrafx / PC Engine / SuperGrafx / CD-ROM² / SUPER CD-ROM² / Arcade Card CD-ROM The src is maintained via github
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: PCEjin SVN112 release announcement
adelikat
He/Him
New release of PCEjin can be downloaded. Lastest revision: 112 Previous: 83 Changelog: Lua console dialog has vertical scrollbar - gocha Drag & Drop for .mcm files. Auto-converts to .mc2 and plays resulting file. -adelikat Recent ROMs menu now works -adelikat Saves window position -adelikat Romname and SVN version diplayed at top of window -adelikat/gocha PCEjin has a snazzy icon now! -adelikat/arukAdo Commandline support for ROMs, movies, savestates, read-only setting, pause/unpause setting -adelikat Ram Search "Watch" button now works -adelikat Minor menu & Dialog cleanup -adeliakt
Player (50)
this still crashes for me almost every time I save a state and load it while playing a movie. and sometimes when I'm not. :(
Experienced player (954)
What game? a little more input here would be nice coz i realy dont see what is you problem, it never crashed that often for me The only real crashs i faced are happening randomly after several days of tasing, on states generaly, yet it never happen twice in a row and its so random (and rare) i never realy bothered
adelikat
He/Him
it crashed once on my while doing Rondo of Blood 100% (using savestates). But that was it. I can't fix a bug I can't recreate.
Player (50)
it seems it only happens (or at least happens much more frequently) on the US version of neutopia I have (its [o1][h1] I don't know why a bad dump would cause crashes but that could have something to do with it). so this isn't as serious a problem as I had thought.
adelikat
He/Him
Of course a bad dump could cause crashes! A bad dump means the rom is ...well...bad in some way which can easily tell the core to do something it shouldn't. Another good reason the rules say it must be on a good dump :)
well about the emulator, any reason why i cant add codes from the ram search ?
Run..Run...Run.....
adelikat
He/Him
You mean the "Watch" button? I hooked it up in the latest version. Please download that.
Post subject: PCEjin-SVN128 Release annoucement
adelikat
He/Him
A small but new release for PCEjin, PCEjin-SVN128 changelog: Movie 5 player support Movie file format contains a PCECD flag Fixed the recent ROMs menu
The link is broke. :/
adelikat
He/Him
It seems that all googlecode links are currently down.
Kay.
Active player (456)
I've just noticed a newer PCEjin is now available: PCEjin-SVN177
"An artist who can’t take constructive critique on their work is only hurting themselves and their potential. Conversely, and artist that can’t communicate a critique in a constructive way isn’t helping anybody."
Post subject: Bug in PCEjin
fruitbane
He/Him
I think I've found a bug in PCEjin with Galaga (88 and 90). When the game loads PCEjin notes that it can't load the CD, and when you start the game you cannot move the ship. It is frozen and shoots at a slow rate, though it will accept button II input to make the ship shoot faster. I tested the ROMs in Ootake and it doesn't exhibit this problem, so I'm inclined to think the problem is PCEjin and not the ROM. Edit: SVN194 is the particular release.
fruitbane
He/Him
Anybody else been able to replicate this bug?
Former player
Anyway to implement some of the commented out lua functions? Gui.drawpixel in particular. Quite a few are missing but seem to have the framework in the source but commented out. Also, functions like joypad.set() don't seem to work properly. I'm using: Joypad.set(1,{"II"}) and it isn't pressing the button.
I think.....therefore I am not Barry Burton