Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • TAS of the year 2011
  • Uses R.O.B.
  • Wins
See this is tool-assisting for real, bitchnazz. This is how the TAS was made. I set up the emulator, hardwired some cables so I could play it on an old piece of shit TV which R.O.B. reacted to (Finding a TV-set for this took one hell of a time). So whenever a level started, I calculated which way would be the fastest, then made R.O.B. do his moves, and then re-recorded from the beginning of the screen. Now, unfortunately, this took a lot of time, and I never bothered to shut R.O.B. off between the planning and executing, so during the making of level 39, the expected happened. R.O.B. died from loss of battery.
This is quite possibly my masterpiece of TAS ever.
Also, the saddest part is that I didn't manage to complete this TAS before April 1st struck, and I'm not the one waiting to submit a TAS. Now, it just looks like a joke.

DarkKobold: I WILL JUDGE THIS FOR JUSTICE.

DarkKobold: Doing my part to prevent the robot uprising. Rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3069: Cardboard & R.O.B.'s NES Stack-Up "R.O.B. Version" in 03:00.57
Active player (277)
...Can you run it on NESBot?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Emulator Coder, Player (68)
One way to find out. Anyone got a R.O.B. and Stack-Up handy?
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
I don't even get the point of this game. Is this NES Test ROM in disguise? But at least you could have gone up to Phase 99. Even though that would take another... who knows how long? By the way, Phase 99 is the highest. It keeps saying Phase 99 after that.
has anyone seen a grey winter hat lying around? I can't find it anywhere. I really like that hat.
Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops.
Skilled player (1636)
FractalFusion wrote:
I don't even get the point of this game. Is this NES Test ROM in disguise? But at least you could have gone up to Phase 99. Even though that would take another... who knows how long? By the way, Phase 99 is the highest. It keeps saying Phase 99 after that.
AVGN actually did a R.O.B. video recently: http://cinemassacre.com/2011/03/03/avgn-rob-the-robot/ Also, I looked up the price of Stackup/R.O.B. after that.... The two combined would cost anywhere from 600 to 1200 dollars, depending on condition, and etc.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Skilled player (1469)
Stuck Up or Gyromite.
Do the work.
Skilled player (1636)
X2poet wrote:
Stuck Up or Gyromite.
lol, was that an intentional error?
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Demanding an encode Can you encode R.O.B. as well?
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Is this a real submission? It's not very entertaining, and it only goes up to Phase 37, but the technical quality is very good.
I must say, I love the criteria for stopping. That's a real limit, I guess
My first language is not English, so please excuse myself if I write something wrong. I'll do my best do write as cleary as I can, so cope with me here =) (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ
Post subject: Re: #3069: Cardboard & R.O.B.'s NES Stack-Up "R.O.B. Version" in 03:00.57
TASVideoAgent wrote:
DarkKobold: I WILL JUDGE THIS FOR JUSTICE.
who's Justice?
Banned User, Former player
If this is indeed a real TAS, it should be published because TASing a R.O.B. game is quite unique. Making a sensible encode could prove quite laborious, though. Such an encode should be made with an actual video camera filming the real R.O.B. and the monitor/TV set, showing all the action, preferably with the real NES console being controlled by NESbot. If that kind of encode is impossible in practice, then perhaps it shouldn't be published...
Skilled player (1670)
Dudes. You don't want a video of me setting R.O.B. up while in my underwear.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Banned User, Former player
Cardboard wrote:
Dudes. You don't want a video of me setting R.O.B. up while in my underwear.
In that case you should remove them.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Avgn? He is a sandwich. A messy peanut butter sandwich!
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!
Skilled player (1670)
Wow my track record on team movies is pretty damn horrible :( Good job saving the world, DarkKobold!
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Post subject: Youtube video?
Is there a youtube video so we can see rob playing it I feel it would be very entertaining