1 2 3 4
9 10
Banned User, Former player
sparky wrote:
Some PS2 TASes have already been published. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ps2+tas&aq=f Probably, PCSX2 is used.
Off topic, but watching the "BioHazard4 Wesker Castle 270combo" video, is that really the fastest you can turn in the game? Man, it would really suck to play it. It would be frustrating like hell.
In rating.exe, it would be really nice if there were a few sort options. Besides the way it is now, where it sorts by a console index number, then alphabetically by game, I think the following would be handy: -alphabetically by game regardless of console -numerically by movie number -alphabetically by movie file name as they appear in my torrent tracker I also wish I could get to my ratings from the main page in fewer clicks, but really I guess it's only two clicks... they're just tucked away and a bit unintuitive. And I acknowledge that I'm probably one of very few people that think this matters.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
FreshFeeling wrote:
I also wish I could get to my ratings from the main page in fewer clicks, but really I guess it's only two clicks... they're just tucked away and a bit unintuitive. And I acknowledge that I'm probably one of very few people that think this matters.
Any suggestions as to what would be a more intuitive set up?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Player (44)
Something that confuses me is trying to get to the Rules and Guidelines from the site's homepage. The fastest route I've found is the very unintuitive Submissions > Submit Movie > Rules/Guidelines; perhaps the links should be somewhere more prominent (say, on the About page?)
adelikat wrote:
Any suggestions as to what would be a more intuitive set up?
Clicking on "help" and then "Rating movies" is logical, but "help" is kind of snuck in at the bottom of the main page. "Contribute" might make a good a button along with "Home"/"Movies"/etc. if that isn't already too crowded.
I don't know if the youtube player is embedded into the movie submissions automatically or manually by someone, but it's scaled too small. I don't think there would be any harm if it was scaled larger. Currently there are three options: Watch it in postal-stamp size, which is awful, watch it fullscreen, which is quite resource-demanding (at least some videos start skipping several frames when I watch them fullscreen here), or watch it on youtube (at least the player offers a direct link on its context menu). However, I think it would be nicer if the embedded player was simply scaled larger so that it could be watched as-is.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Embedded videos have size parameters, so complain to whomever embedded it, they can set whatever size they want.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Browsing the forum with an iPad, I noticed a (very) minor issue: The spoiler tag reveals its contents when you hover the black block of hidden text... but there's no hovering with a touchscreen. Hence getting to see the hidden text is difficult. (I actually got it visible somehow, but I'm not sure how.)
Lex
Hmm. You should test how you got the text visible. Was it by text selection?
Actually just clicking (well, touching) on the text makes it visible. I don't know why I had difficulties with it the first time. Well, never mind, then.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Yeah, you can press it, but there is no way to get it to go away unless you press another spoiler tag.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Former player
Add charts plz for runs with a long history of improvements http://code.google.com/apis/chart/ thx
Skilled player (1637)
Wut?
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
About the only thing I can think of that that would refer to would be a chart showing improvements over time? I have no idea.
Maybe some stats in the movie statistics page could be also displayed in chart form...
Would it be possible to have a page that links to 1. Every submission file download 2. The link to the submission text next to it 3. If published, the link to the publication? That would make it a lot easier to download the movies en masse.
I am the future ruler of the world! My forum: http://elderyoshisisland.forumotion.com/
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
TASManiac wrote:
Would it be possible to have a page that links to 1. Every submission file download 2. The link to the submission text next to it 3. If published, the link to the publication? That would make it a lot easier to download the movies en masse.
Mass downloading is discouraged due to load it places on the server. Maybe there could be one big file containing all publication files and second one containing all submission files (updated periodically, a'la allmovies.rss).
Ilari wrote:
TASManiac wrote:
Mass downloading is discouraged due to load it places on the server. Maybe there could be one big file containing all publication files and second one containing all submission files (updated periodically, a'la allmovies.rss).
Ah, I see. The size of the file would probably be huge though and would take forever to download. (Forever is something I sadly don't have)
I am the future ruler of the world! My forum: http://elderyoshisisland.forumotion.com/
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
TASManiac wrote:
Ilari wrote:
Maybe there could be one big file containing all publication files and second one containing all submission files (updated periodically, a'la allmovies.rss).
Ah, I see. The size of the file would probably be huge though and would take forever to download. (Forever is something I sadly don't have)
* All publications movie file ZIP would currently be about 17MB. * All submissions movie file ZIP would currently be about 33MB. For comparison, there is all torrents ZIP file, about 17.5MB.
Wow, it's that small! I expected it to be much more. So, my response is: YAY!
Editor, Expert player (2313)
* All submissions movie file ZIP would currently be about 33MB.
After reading, I felt like looking up Desert Bus' file size since I recalled it being rather huge. Was only 2MB though.. :)
I don't know how easy this would be to fix/implement, but it's a rather annoying feature of phpbb which would be nice if it was corrected: When there are new posts in a thread, there's a small orange icon in the thread listing on the left of the thread name which you can click to go to the first unread post. However, after you have read the posts (and they get marked as read), and then a new post is made to that same thread, the orange icon appears again, but rather than jumping to the new post, it jumps to the same post as earlier. This is especially annoying when there are several pages of posts between that earlier "new post" and this newest one. Only if you log out and log in again will the orange icons start jumping to the new posts, rather than remembering only what was the newest post at the time you first logged in. (Of course logging out has the annoying side-effect of marking everything as read. This is especially frustrating if for some reason you end up logged out by accident. This sometimes happens, and you basically lose all "new post" marks and have no way of knowing anymore which threads had new posts when you logged in last time.)
Player (36)
This was fixed in phpBB 3.x, Warp. But I don't know if we're ever going to install it because there is so much custom stuff in our install of phpBB 2.x.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
This was fixed in phpBB 3.x, Warp. But I don't know if we're ever going to install it because there is so much custom stuff in our install of phpBB 2.x.
That's one of the major problems of patching software developed by others: They become differing branches that are very difficult to merge. Of course the next question is how hard would it be to see how it was fixed and integrate the fix into tasvideos' branch... (Although the best option would be, obviously, to isolate the changes made to phpbb at tasvideos.org, upgrade phpbb, and integrate the changes back.)
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
How about a wiki changes watchlist with e-mail notifications? I'd like to be hip to some pages' changes. Like, subscribe on changes function.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
1 2 3 4
9 10