This is my first post and this is my third run of quad-run.I refered to many movie files.So I need to say "Thanks" to authors of many movies.

Game Objectives

• FCEUX 2.1.3-interim svn1599
  • Uses same roms as current fastest movie used
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Four games in one movie
  • Manipulates luck
  • Take damage to save time
  • No death
  • Abuses programming errors

Useful Information for the run

• If you push left and right on the same time, SMB1 and SMB2J will walk toward right, SMB2 will run toward right and SMB3 will stop accelerating.Even if SMB3 jump, SMB3 won't accelerate.
  • If you push left or right and bottom, SMB1,SMB2J and SMB2 will stop accelerating unless SMB1,2J and 2 are jumping and SMB3 will run toward left or right.
  • In SMB1 and SMB2J,you start to push A button to jump and when you stop pushing A button even if you stop pushing 1 frame,Mario won't rise up even if you push A button again.On the other hand, in SMB2 and SMB3, if you stop pushing A button for a moment,Mario will rise up when you push A button again.

Tricks you can see in the movie

Super Mario Bros & Super Mario Bros 2J

• Flag-don't-operate trick
  • Through the wall
  • Broken graphic in the water(pushes left and right on the same time.)
  • Vine through(5-2 in SMB2J)

Super Mario Bros 2

• Bringing vegetables to boss room.
  • Vine glitch
  • Air jump

Super Mario Bros 3

• Through the wall
enjoy :)

Flygon: Replaced YouTube module with higher quality one.

Baxter: A very well-done quadrun of the NES Mario games. Great audience reponse; accepting.

Aktan: Processing...

Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
adelikat wrote:
Thank you for submitting this. Easy yes vote.
How often does adelikat thank for submitting something?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
TRT
Former player
Oh dear. It seems all Mario games are the same as well. Anyways, this is a very awesome run. A yes vote from me. Maybe Super Mario World would be added also in the future even though its an SNES
Player (208)
Good job on getting 3 of the games to end at about the same time. It would be worth trying to find a longer route through SMB1 if possible in a future run of this, but this is definitely worth publishing as is. For anyone who didn't notice, the published SMB3 time is 10:25.6. This run expends less than 15 seconds to beat all the games. Definitely a yes vote. (Does anyone have a comment on whether the official encode should go black or play the demo after SMB1 completes? I'm thinking the demo may be the better choice.)
Obligatory yes vote. By the way, I was wondering, since SMB1 is so shorter than the other ones, maybe you can beat it twice? O
that was HELLA impressive not only it beats four game but with also 3 totaly different games physics and there is the mario bonus if i could i'd give one yes vote per movies awesome
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Kirkq wrote:
(Does anyone have a comment on whether the official encode should go black or play the demo after SMB1 completes? I'm thinking the demo may be the better choice.)
I like this idea
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1637)
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
I guess this is what happens when you don't put a huge "THIS IS A TOOL-ASSISTED MOVIE" warning at the front of the video. Nobody reads the video descriptions any more.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Derakon wrote:
I guess this is what happens when you don't put a huge "THIS IS A TOOL-ASSISTED MOVIE" warning at the front of the video. Nobody reads the video descriptions any more.
It's a good thing the subtitles will be good at burning the point in, then.
Banned User, Former player
"Who knows. Only God and the guy who made this video." It seems that no matter how much time passes and how much knowledge about emulators and tool-assistance is widespread, even 50 years from now people will still not understand that you can take the keypress file and check it for yourself. You don't have to take it on faith.
Editor, Player (67)
Another major series shown to be nothing but the same game repeated over and over ;). Anyone willing to try Zelda or Metroid next? Yes vote, of course.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Player (74)
Honestly i find this types of runs to be highly boring and not of much entertainment value, their value is more in hearing about it being possible and not actually watching it.
This run was noted in a random Finnish yellow press/entertainment news site. Somehow the wording makes me assume they think it is real. http://www.findance.com/uutiset/14622/kasittamaton-super-mario-suoritus-ikuistettiin
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
I've been watching TASes since maybe 2005 or so, and seeing articles like this (non-Finnish one) is depressing. It tells me that people aren't open-minded to the possibilities out there and just label something without understanding it. A very scary and dangerous characteristic. I actually think it might be better for the TAS community if things were not published to ignorant people, but that's just my opinion. Leave it to people who actually appreciate the art that's created here. But, let me take the chance to at least thank everyone out there for all the work that you've done over the years. The community has grown significantly since the beginning with new players on the scene. Keep up the good work! (I finally made an account so that I could say "thank you". I think I made one other post as "Anonymous" back before the current voting system.)
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Dacicus wrote:
Another major series shown to be nothing but the same game repeated over and over ;). Anyone willing to try Zelda or Metroid next?
I don't think there's much way to make that work; the only times there have been multiple Metroid games on one console was with Fusion and Zero Mission on the GBA, Prime and Prime 2 on the Gamecube, and (arguably) Prime 3 and Prime Trilogy on the Wii. More than that, because of the amount of exploration involved in them, I think a single-input run beating two of them would have to basically alternate between working on one and working on another.
Previous Name: boct1584
Player (200)
Dacicus wrote:
Another major series shown to be nothing but the same game repeated over and over ;). Anyone willing to try Zelda or Metroid next?
Metroid might be tricky, but the GB Zelda games might make a good quad run - Link's Awakening, the two Oracle games, and the GBA LttP port. Or even just the two Oracle games.
Rayas wrote:
Dunno if I'm really clear. I need to drink more.
<br>
adelikat wrote:
The idea was to kill off my family to avoid lost time to them getting sick and other inconvenient things.
GabCM
He/Him
I vote No. I'm at the hospital right now. My body wasn't ready for a high concentration of awesomness. I hope I can recover fast. ... jk I vote Yes.
It would be more entertaining if after beating world 8 in SMB, Mario went straight to world -1.
No.
Experienced player (761)
DrJones wrote:
It would be more entertaining if after beating world 8 in SMB, Mario went straight to world -1.
I thought that,but it was impossible for SMB of nes version to complete -world. Because if Mario enter last pipe in -1, Mario is returned to start-point of -1.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Very nice! It's clear that SMB3 is the most optimized of these four runs, which makes sense since it has the longest any% run. I like what you did with the other games in the meantime, though, like using an alternate route in SMB2 for 6-3. I'd actually say that with this multi-game run, the synchronization between games is more apparent than with the other multi-game runs (except for DeHacked's MMX & MMX2 run). Wonderful job, agwawaf.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
In fact, I love the feeling when I watched some TASes for the first time thinking it's a real-time playing. I've never had it after I realized HOW it was done. It was a fantastic, crazy one whole WTF. Pity that this feeling never returned. Only some truely glitchy runs can remind me it a bit, but not the whole of it...
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Nice Megaman style treatment on this. Loved every minute of it.
Active player (417)
Historic TAS.
Editor, Player (44)
Tanooki Teabag wrote:
Dacicus wrote:
Metroid might be tricky, but the GB Zelda games might make a good quad run - Link's Awakening, the two Oracle games, and the GBA LttP port. Or even just the two Oracle games.
Metroid Zero Mission + Metroid Fusion would likely be the best combination among Metroid games, although all the cutscenes in Fusion would possibly make it too easy.