Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.28
when i make this run is the first play and this only run of this on the TASvideos
This game have a truc is:when you lanch the arc hold "A"button and you jump when you Landed on it
soory for the short submission and my bad english

FractalFusion: There are some problems concerning the ROM usage.
  • This run uses (J) [p1] version. The (U) [!] version of ROM should have been used, since the previous submission used it.
  • The author has not justified the use of ROM or the differences in timing.
Thus, I will reject the run.
McBobX, if you have any comments about the submission, or about anything that you want to say, please post in the discussion thread. We also have some forums in other languages. For example, French.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
TheKDX7
He/Him
Player (115)
6 submissions in one day o_0' STOP!!
Skilled player (1469)
See the rule please.
Do the work.
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
At first glance, you might think this is faster than #3008: X2poet's NES Rainbow Islands - The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 "No Diamond" in 14:52.53 - but note that the ROM this is actually using is Rainbow Islands - The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 (J) [p1].nes, and not Rainbow Islands - The Story of Bubble Bobble 2 (U) [!].nes. Besides the problem with not using a [!] ROM, there are timing differences between the two versions; in particular, the (U) version:
  • takes an extra 297 frames to clear the title screen; and
  • has an extra 30 frame blank screen prior to every level;
  • takes longer to fade out on levels (at least 4 frames per level); and
  • takes an extra 44 frames to clear the outro.
There are 28 levels, so the extra time in frames that needs to be added to this run to be comparable in time is (28+4)*30 + 297 + 44 = 1301 frames, which is more than the (53640-52432) = 1208 frames that differ between the two submissions, and this doesn't take into account other lag patterns that I have noticed that differ between the two versions. I'll also point out that the original submission was rejected for game choice, so even a properly optimised version of this run would be unlikely to be accepted. I'll reiterate my [post 294137]earlier comments[/post] about your submissions and the submission queue - make sure your submissions are up to standard before submitting them, please, or we may need to remove your ability to submit them until you can.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!