1 2 3 4 5
9 10
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
feos wrote:
How about a wiki changes watchlist with e-mail notifications? I'd like to be hip to some pages' changes. Like, subscribe on changes function.
There's RSS feed for wiki edits, but AFAIK it is only global to the entire wiki, with no per-page RSS feeds.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Yeah, I know about RSS, but it seeds too much enrties and suggests me to monitor WANTED pages changes by myself anyway.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Former player
I'm not entirely sure this is the right place for this. When making this post I discovered how difficult it is to indent things without the code tag. It would be nice if there was an indent function that would allow me to indent a specified amount. This would have the additional advantage of appeasing DK64_MASTER. While making this post I was unable to find a way to easily generate a link to a specific post, and had to do it manually. It would be nice if posts had a self linking button, perhaps right next to the quote button.
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
jimsfriend wrote:
While making this post I was unable to find a way to easily generate a link to a specific post, and had to do it manually. It would be nice if posts had a self linking button, perhaps right next to the quote button.
The small read/unread indicator to the left of post time links to the post itself (yeah, I know it is not obvious).
Banned User, Former player
Ilari wrote:
jimsfriend wrote:
While making this post I was unable to find a way to easily generate a link to a specific post, and had to do it manually. It would be nice if posts had a self linking button, perhaps right next to the quote button.
The small read/unread indicator to the left of post time links to the post itself (yeah, I know it is not obvious).
It took me a long time for me to discover that as well. Any way of easily making it significantly more prominent?
Warp wrote:
Make large code blocks collapsible.
This post once again demonstrates why this feature would be useful. I suppose that by now there are no plans to actually implement this (or upgrade to a version of phpbb that might support this; I don't know if newer versions do)?
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Warp wrote:
Warp wrote:
Make large code blocks collapsible.
This post once again demonstrates why this feature would be useful. I suppose that by now there are no plans to actually implement this (or upgrade to a version of phpbb that might support this; I don't know if newer versions do)?
I was looking into it, then got sidetracked.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Editor, Experienced player (852)
Would it be possible to see the IP of users, aswell as being able to see the date of their last login on their profile page? (I'm posting this with total ignorance of the previous posts. If it has already been mentionned, I'm sorry)
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Nahoc wrote:
aswell as being able to see the date of their last login on their profile page?
This one's easy enough to do in the form of a 'last online' field, which now exists. This uses the same data as the 'currently online' tracker at the bottom of the page; you can disable being tracked through both through the 'Hide your online status' setting on your profile page.
Editor
Can we get a report this post button? So I can help report flame wars (I know they are rare here but still)?
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
When I try to post a script where something appears to be between <> it gets screwed up. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pBSG3TCj Result:
keys.xmouse <x>= ( y-10 )
Can this be somehow cancelled when a code is posted?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
feos wrote:
When I try to post a script where something appears to be between <> it gets screwed up. Can this be somehow cancelled when a code is posted?
Disabling HTML ("Disable HTML in this post") should help.
keys.xmouse <= ( x + 62 ) and keys.ymouse >= ( y-10 )
Former player
hegyak wrote:
Can we get a report this post button? So I can help report flame wars (I know they are rare here but still)?
This sounds pointless. We already have moderators whose job it is read all posts and keep things civilized. Adding a button people could click to get rid of posts they don't like would just increase the moderators' workload - now they'd have to read all posts *and* respond to such reports.
The point of a post-reporting button is to provide a "push" mechanism for helping the mods do their jobs, as opposed to the "poll" method of the moderators manually reading every post. They do of course still need to keep an eye on everything, but letting normal users report posts should in theory reduce response times. Whether practice matches theory, let alone whether it's worth the effort of implementing, is a different matter.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Derakon wrote:
The point of a post-reporting button is to provide a "push" mechanism for helping the mods do their jobs, as opposed to the "poll" method of the moderators manually reading every post. They do of course still need to keep an eye on everything, but letting normal users report posts should in theory reduce response times. Whether practice matches theory, let alone whether it's worth the effort of implementing, is a different matter.
As I am a moderator on a few forums I just want to add that I think a report system is great and takes some work load off our backs.
Derakon wrote:
letting normal users report posts should in theory reduce response times.
Spamming and vandalism has never been a big problem in this forum, but there might come the situation where a speedy response may be desirable, in which case a moderator getting eg. an email notification of such an "emergency" would indeed speed up things a lot. OTOH such a system can also be prone to abuse.
Yes, 'report this post' type systems generally are worth their effort, at least in forums where you get enough traffic that it's nontrivial for mods to watch. In my experience you don't get much abuse, and when you do it's by problem users anyway.
<Zurreco> if so called professional players cant adapt to every playing field, theyre obviously not that great
Request: When a post was edited it shall become NEW again, be highlighted and reported (if the thread is watched). Except minor edits.
I am repeating myself a bit here, and I'm a bit venting my frustration, so I apologize. But... Now that the site has been regularly experiencing connectivity issues it sometimes happens that it logs you out for some reason. The extremely, extremely annoying "feature" of the current forum software that if you log out it will mark all topics read (I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, or something else) can be really frustrating. Dozens and dozens of unread posts, gone. *puf* Then you have to just try to guess in which threads there might be posts you missed. Any plans to even try to upgrade to a newer version of phpbb (where I assume most bugs have been fixed)?
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Warp wrote:
I am repeating myself a bit here, and I'm a bit venting my frustration, so I apologize. But... Now that the site has been regularly experiencing connectivity issues it sometimes happens that it logs you out for some reason. The extremely, extremely annoying "feature" of the current forum software that if you log out it will mark all topics read (I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, or something else) can be really frustrating. Dozens and dozens of unread posts, gone. *puf* Then you have to just try to guess in which threads there might be posts you missed. Any plans to even try to upgrade to a newer version of phpbb (where I assume most bugs have been fixed)?
I doubt newer version of phpBB will solve the issue if it still ties viewing to sessions. We're currently having an issue with MySQL which affects PHP sessions which I doubt has little to actually do with the version of phpBB.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Nach wrote:
I doubt newer version of phpBB will solve the issue if it still ties viewing to sessions. We're currently having an issue with MySQL which affects PHP sessions which I doubt has little to actually do with the version of phpBB.
Is there anything on the client side that can be done to alleviate the problem, or is it purely a question of server issues?
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
There's also the bug that goes like this: - clicking the "view newest post" link takes me to post X - when going back to the thread list, the link has disappeared; no problem yet - new post Y is added to the thread, "view newest post" appears again - clicking it brings me to post X again though, not post Y This goes on until I log out and then log in again.
Tub
Nach wrote:
phpBB3 has an option to save the view information in the database. Unfortunately, phpBB3 is more resource heavy than phpBB2, and with the amount of customization done to this forum, upgrading is anything but trivial. btw, how can mysql affect php sessions? Aren't you using the "files" session handler?
m00
Emulator Coder
Warp wrote:
Nach wrote:
Is there anything on the client side that can be done to alleviate the problem, or is it purely a question of server issues?
I believe the latter, but perhaps as Tub points out, we can add view logging. Tub: Right now MySQL is acting extremely weird. It times out doing a single row update when nothing else is even accessing the table. As for PHP sessions, I should look at what the setting is, but in any case, I meant sessions implemented in PHP, the kind that are tracked in the DB, which require single row updates.
Banned User
I would like to see download counts of submissions and movie files tracked and reported somewhere.
1 2 3 4 5
9 10