1 2 3 4 5 6
9 10
THC98
He/Him
Experienced player (899)
I was going to the Submit page to see the games that have in the site. But I didn't see any GC game. Are you going to add them or it won't have in the site?
Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel • Finished projects: GC Sonic Adventure DX - Sonic | GC Sonic Adventure DX - Tails | GC Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Hero Story | GC Sonic Heroes - Team Sonic • Current projects: GC Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Dark Story - 1st WIP • Paused projects: GC Sonic Adventure DX - Knuckles - 1st WIP • Individual levels records: Sonic Adventure DX | Sonic Adventure 2: Battle • My Discord: Tales98#0408
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
THC98 wrote:
I was going to the Submit page to see the games that have in the site. But I didn't see any GC game. Are you going to add them or it won't have in the site?
There are a few. If you have one not in list to submit, submit it anyway (without selecting any game), it'll get fixed.
THC98
He/Him
Experienced player (899)
Ilari wrote:
THC98 wrote:
There are a few. If you have one not in list to submit, submit it anyway (without selecting any game), it'll get fixed.
Okay, I was just going to check about Sonic Adventure DX (I'm making an any% speedrun in Sonic's Story). It's more than half done, so when I finish it, I'll submit it in the site :P
Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel • Finished projects: GC Sonic Adventure DX - Sonic | GC Sonic Adventure DX - Tails | GC Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Hero Story | GC Sonic Heroes - Team Sonic • Current projects: GC Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Dark Story - 1st WIP • Paused projects: GC Sonic Adventure DX - Knuckles - 1st WIP • Individual levels records: Sonic Adventure DX | Sonic Adventure 2: Battle • My Discord: Tales98#0408
Skilled player (1705)
I got a suggestion. Can there be an option to update the WIPs players upload here? I know you can simply upload another file, and delete the previous WIP, but it would be a nice addition to have. :)
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Could it be possible to allow .ymv as well It appears saturn movie files aren't accepting by the Upload a WIP. It tells me the filename lacks an extension. I tried zipping the folder or movie file or uploading movie file alone. Nothing
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1141)
Cooljay wrote:
Could it be possible to allow .YMV as well It appears saturn movie files aren't accepting by the Upload a WIP.
Its .ymv (lowercase).
Cooljay
He/Him
Active player (391)
Ilari wrote:
Cooljay wrote:
Could it be possible to allow .YMV as well It appears saturn movie files aren't accepting by the Upload a WIP.
Its .ymv (lowercase).
Whoops sorry. The movie files are still lowercase as .ymv though from what I checked to make sure.
Editor
Can we get a "Report this post" feature?
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Banned User, Former player
hegyak wrote:
Can we get a "Report this post" feature?
If we do, I think it should be restricted to only people with at least a certain amount of posts, to avoid abuse. (Preferably, to people with less posts the button wouldn't be even visible, so possible trolls/vandals don't get any ideas.) (Personally I like the idea, but practically speaking... is rules-breaking posting such a big problem on the forum that it's worth implementing this feature?)
Editor, Player (44)
The forum moderators are normally quite good at spotting such posts, and you can always complain to them on IRC if you think they've missed something.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Let's have an automatically getting URL or THREAD tags field in submission form. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/1101825139659490
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
Could it be possible to have a link to someone's WIPs they have posted on userfiles in their forum profile?
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Player (136)
Feature request: (almost the same as already posted here, but it was the wrong thread, so no response for good reasons) Now that we aim on publishing movies for (almost) every game, there should also be an easy way to view these. I noticed it's possible to view movies on a per-game base, for example NES Battletoads, DS You have to burn the rope!, N64 Super Mario 64, NES Archon, and they offer more information than the pages on the movie list, and we already have a big list of games on the submission page. I was only able to find these pages because I discovered a link to the Battletoads page somewhere, but I haven't found any easy method to access these pages other than guessing the URL. Let's put a "View all movies for a specific game"-button to the movie page, or even better: right at the front page. Just use the same drop-down list as for the submission site, and redirect to the game site. Or let's replace the movie list page by a game list page. Maybe we can also add a link to each forum thread for the specific game to the game information tab (if it exists, note that some games have multiple threads), but this would require quite a lot of work at the start.
Game-based navigation was already planned and is to be implemented.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I like partyboy1a's suggestion. I would like to add, that for every movie publication, you should be able to click the game name to go to all movies for this game, or the player name, to go to all movies by that player. From this page, it should also be possible to visit the player's home page, if there is one, and the player's submissions, and the player's forum account. We could number every player and make their page http://tasvideos.org/1234P.html, in the same way that all submissions and movies are already numbered. (At the moment a few publications' player name links to their home page. This should be removed. Here is an example: http://tasvideos.org/1352M.html )
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
Truncated wrote:
(At the moment a few publications' player name links to their home page. This should be removed. Here is an example: http://tasvideos.org/1352M.html )
working on it. Its done. Feel free to revert, high staff.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
why was REMOVING useful information about the author a good idea? You just removed every homepage! I do like Truncated's suggestion, but maybe that should be in place before removing the old way.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Sorry, I wasn't very clear enough in the previous post. What I meant was that to implement this suggestion, the links to player homepages need to be removed. Like adelikat said, it can and should wait until a better system is in place. The links to player homepages are (was, if Nitro removed it) very sporadic though. I don't think I ever saw it on any of my publications.
How can i acess a certain page in a game thread that is inside the "3 dots" area without having to enter the first page after/before the dots? I mean, to go straight to the page i want?
Editor
Can the "Notable Improvements" Icon get changed to this? Or at least something that's not a bad resize of the Moon icon?
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Skilled player (1402)
I have two suggestions: When I am looking at the ratings that were given to a certain movie (such as this page), then the usernames of users with a personal page are clickable, linking to the personal page (for instance to this page). When I am browsing the ratings though, and someone gives a rating that stands out, I am interested how this rating compares to the other ratings this user has given, and not in seeing his personal page. I think it would therefore be better if clicking on the username (when browsing ratings) would link to the page with all of the user's ratings (such as this page (I think the "movies rated by this used"-tab should be the first tab btw, rather than the summary)). My second suggestion is pretty old, I've suggested it (not publically) back when the player point system was first introduced, but it never really gained any traction. I think it would be neat if every day, a snapshot of every user's number of player points was taken and saved somewhere. This way, you can generate a graph at the end of the year of a player's progression during that year. If a player had a lot of publications that year, or movies that were obsoleted etc. Think it would be interesting :)
I seocnd both features! But how do you imagine such a graph, shall it have every point someone rated a movie? This would affect the score. But it's also affected by rater's moving from one rank to another, changing the rating weight.
sack_bot
He/Him
Player (111)
i am having a glitch occur with new flags turning on for read topics and not turning off when i read the topic
Message me here for my discord. Current Project: Psycho Waluigi Project on wait list: None?
Banned User, Former player
Currently if you go for example to the Vault games list you get a ginormous page with 354 games that takes quite long to load and longer to scroll through. I think there should an alternative view for game lists such as that one, which is much briefer. For example, just one line of textual info per TAS (name, time, perhaps some other relevant info.) They would be links to the actual game entry.
Could the starred movie on the front page always have a link to the movie? Currently it only shows up as a Read More if the description is too long. For example, [1575] NES Tiny Toon Adventures by Kyman in 11:01.88 has no such link when it shows on the front page.
<Zurreco> if so called professional players cant adapt to every playing field, theyre obviously not that great
1 2 3 4 5 6
9 10