1 2
7 8 9
23 24
Active player (434)
ais523 wrote:
"No sequence breaking" is a legit category, much as it's causing me problems to get adelikat to admit its existence. There's already the occasional run in that category on the site already.
only in the cases where there are significant differences in gameplay,would the no-skips run really be that different or just slower,with a few extra parts?
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Skilled player (1705)
ais523 wrote:
Yeah, it works much better on games that have numerical restrictions on progression (like the star doors in Super Mario 64). It may be possible to define an uncontroversial definition even for other games too, though.
In Dementium, it's faster to complete Chapter 6 starting from the boss instead; making that whole particular chapter done reversed. Does this count as sequence break since it does things out of order? Or does sequence breaking mean skipping parts of the game? [/derail]
jdaster64
He/Him
@MUGG: Piranha Bean is fought with only Luigi, so no, you couldn't. It is possible to get the Game Boy Horror beforehand, but then you'd have to get all those beans BEFORE getting the Surfing Game. In any case, you'd have to choose which you want. Personally, I consider getting the Piranha Suit "more complete", but if it came down to choosing for a TAS, I'd say either is fair game if you're really going for 1 of each equip as "100%".
Editor, Expert player (2312)
Oh I forgot that. Well, 100% for this game would be kind of ridiculous...
jdaster64
He/Him
Though it would be interesting to see if you could somehow wall-clip and get Mario over there, and see if it lets you fight the battle with them both.
... Wow. Don't know what to say. This is insane, 2D Zelda levels of game break. And I loved every second of it.
Guga
He/Him
Haha, never expected sub 1:30 for this game, ever. And the HUD was a neat thing. I hope you make a pastebin so you can explain what you have done to this game. =P
Patashu
He/Him
This was amazing, but I really want to learn how and why all the glitches worked :D
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Is there a TAS of this game I could watch to try to learn off of?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
FellowFeather wrote:
Is there a TAS of this game I could watch to try to learn off of?
At the top of this page that mugg made
MUGG wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pneQhV_aYc
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Looks hard to do and having to deal with a glitched out screen is off-putting. Don't even know how feasible a run like this is in real time. Guess I should see if I can do the glitches soon.
Mitorequiem wants to learn this game too (glitchless though). Do you livestream? The skips only work on the Japanese version, as noted on one of the previous pages. I will do a glitch run when I can get a Japanese cart.
Editor, Player (94)
i'll be trying some runs too, as i have the japanese version. if i can figure out exactly how the glitches work, that is. i've got them partially figured out.
Should I be using a specific emulator for this game because I'm having some issues and it seems like sometimes it just doesn't want to accept inputs. Also I'm currently unable to stream at this time.
Just use VBA24m. Earlier versions of VBA have major emulation problems in this game.
TheKDX7
He/Him
Player (115)
You did not want to submit your beautiful run Mugg?
TheKDX7 wrote:
No.
TheKDX7
He/Him
Player (115)
MUGG wrote:
TheKDX7 wrote:
No.
Just to ask you why?
TheKDX7 wrote:
MUGG wrote:
TheKDX7 wrote:
No.
Just to ask you why?
For reasons listed here, here, here and here. To summarize, the issue with the tons of encodes for each submission, the site changes (the vault tier), people bitching about site rules and exceptions thereof, weekly drama.
I'm nearing the barrel in Chucklehuck Woods. Is there anything I need to know that makes the barrel glitch work? The TAS seemed too fast for me to catch on to what was going on.
Jump on the barrel, jump off the barrel. While you jump off, change your action command to hammer and break the barrel just as you land on the ground. It only works on one frame. I don't really know how the glitches work in detail, but that's why I put rough notes 2 pages or so earlier. I'm sorry there isn't a better write up or a guide, I need to figure out most of the stuff myself still, when I run the game glitched. Still have to get a JP cart..
Skilled player (1705)
MUGG wrote:
For reasons listed here, here, here and here. To summarize, the issue with the tons of encodes for each submission, the site changes (the vault tier), people bitching about site rules and exceptions thereof, weekly drama.
LOL @Swordless:
Maybe one day SRL can have a section for unassisted runs AND TASes and we can all move away from these awful other sites lol
I totally support this so he can "bitch about the site rules and exceptions thereof, weekly drama" on SRL instead! ;) But anyway, shame that the run won't be submitted here, but whatever. You mentioned you need to get a (J) cart. Is this glitch even reliable in a real-time speedrun?
jlun2, I see you post a lot of things that are really uncalled for. I hate to break it to you, but you are among the reasons why I'm not submitting. I want to get a J cart so I can see what a console run would be like. I cannot judge what it is like before I do that.
Skilled player (1705)
MUGG wrote:
jlun2, I see you post a lot of things that are really uncalled for. I hate to break it to you, but you are among the reasons why I'm not submitting. I want to get a J cart so I can see what a console run would be like. I cannot judge what it is like before I do that.
I have a lot of things I'd like to say about your first comment, but I believe it doesn't belong to this thread. :P For your second comment, all I can say is that, I wish you luck on doing a frame-precise trick in real time. :)
1 2
7 8 9
23 24