WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
I might try my hand on it as soon as I have time and mood (which should be really very soon, maybe even tomorrow) (upd) wew, you used my method of dying between Hydrocities, I am happy =D Love your run, it’s very impressive. I’ll try improving some acts, as I have some ideas. By the way, if I have some comments on what I do, may I send you a PM here? I remember you told me to contact you by Skype, but I see you online there at best once a month -_- (upd2) thanks for coming on Skype. I was not really right about Hydrocity 2, and could improve it by only 2 frames. I’ll send you the result after trying other levels :) (upd3) Angel Island 1 is also improveable, and I am going ahead of you, but if not the fucking bungee, the improvement would be a lot better…
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Player (80)
WST wrote:
I might try my hand on it as soon as I have time and mood (which should be really very soon, maybe even tomorrow) (upd) wew, you used my method of dying between Hydrocities, I am happy =D Love your run, it’s very impressive. I’ll try improving some acts, as I have some ideas. By the way, if I have some comments on what I do, may I send you a PM here? I remember you told me to contact you by Skype, but I see you online there at best once a month -_- (upd2) thanks for coming on Skype. I was not really right about Hydrocity 2, and could improve it by only 2 frames. I’ll send you the result after trying other levels :) (upd3) Angel Island 1 is also improveable, and I am going ahead of you, but if not the fucking bungee, the improvement would be a lot better…
Ooo Thanks man, i appreciate your help and advice
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Okay, this is what we got for now. Only 1 frame to a visible improvement, and I really want to make it. Preview video Link to video After doing Angel Island 1, I will try improving other levels/acts, and, not depending on if I succeed or not, I will put them all together.
S3&A [Amy amy%] improvement (with Evil_3D & kaan55) — currently in SPZ2 my TAS channel · If I ever come into your dream, I’ll be riding an eggship :)
Player (80)
It's amazing man
Player (55)
Looks great.
Projects: Tetris DS Genesis Toys: Let the Toy Wars Begin
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
scahfy wrote:
Looks great.
Thanks, but it will look even greater if I finally shave off that last 1 frame, which will make the visible in-game time 1 second lower. Current result is 0:42.00, and I really hate that kind of result. Usually if I get times like that, I continue TASing the level, and succeed. At this time I failed to improve the boss fight, which means that I should go back and take 1-2 frame improvement somewhere else, and I already have a few ideas to test. So, hopefully, soon you’ll be able to see AIZ1 beaten with Knuckles in 0:41 first time in history (I guess) :) The issue about the boss fight is that Y position management may allow giving the boss the first hit a few frames earlier, but it results in falling from bigger height and thus loosing a few frames afterwards. So the Y position management is nearly useless here. (upd) okay, as usually, Aglar shown me how to beat this level even faster, so the last result is now 0:41.40. Again, I’ll try beating his result, but cannot promise anything, so, now there is a high possibility that our run will include Aglar’s input… Waduh, I was sure I was going for a new world record.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
I have absolutely no idea who is the guy who made it, and I was surprised to find such a video on Youtube. Enjoy guys Link to video
I like that encode, as always(I love comparison vids) But it miss something: the new run should have been stopped to wait for the other run to catch up so we see all the modifications. Like this one: http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm14757160
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
nyamuk niamek wrote:
Like this one:
Mojibake -_- Yes, I realize it, but the author of the encode is not me. In fact, I found that encode by accident.
KPM
WST wrote:
I have absolutely no idea who is the guy who made it, and I was surprised to find such a video on Youtube.
ToonLucas; a TASer
"Sometimes a house becomes so infested with termites you have to tear it down, and build again." -Sisko: A ST:DS9 Character.
Player (80)
Can someone tell me how i can speak to Kiske? If someone can, than i appreciate it.
marzojr
He/Him
Experienced player (748)
PM him -- his username is Kiske.
Marzo Junior
Editor, Active player (366)
Enjoy. Link to video Moving right along, about half way done at this point. In terms of rings, I've collected 55% of all the rings in the game that apply to this run. I was watching Upthorn's run for reference and saw him pause it a couple times near a flamethrower. Since I was having trouble in the same spot in my run, I decided to try it and it worked to prevent the flames from shooting out. I suppose that would be the story of my first experience with using luck manipulation, then? I don't really know much about it beyond that, and I hadn't planned on using it before, so is there perhaps anything else I should know about it? What other kinds of things can be luck manipulated in this game? Also I was under the impression the flamethrowers were on a universal timer, can luck somehow affect that or am I simply mistaken? The sub-boss is tricky to optimize because of the way it moves. Hopefully what's shown isn't vastly improvable... as far as I can tell, it isn't. Anyway, I compared the frames it took me to complete it with Upthorn's run as well and they were almost identical so I'm happy with that.
Knuckles does, what Sonican't.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Well… I knew this level was going to be awesome, but I couldn’t even imagine THIS level of awesomeness…
Patashu
He/Him
I can't wait for this to finish :D
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor, Active player (366)
Thanks guys. Just a little update: yesterday, pretty much by sheer chance I found a way to get the last 4 rings in LBZ1 as well as how to break into Sonic's area in Act 2 without luring a flybot. Sorry, but these 2 things have confounded me for many months and I thought they were impossible so I'm really excited about this. I'm glad because there's no better time than now to redo the end of LBZ1, kind of dodged a bullet that I don't have to go back very far at all to implement the changes for the extra rings. With this, the only rings I shouldn't be able to get in the entire game are from mutually exclusive signpost monitors, and all the ones in Sonic's starting area in LRZ1, and LRZ2 boss. And probably a few from the capsule machines in FBZ1, which, I'm not sure if they should even count for a number of reasons but I don't know right now, we'll see.
Knuckles does, what Sonican't.
Great discoveries! Can't wait to see the new LB then =D
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Guys, just asking you to check if you know this thing or not. When me and feeuzz recorded our improvement of Qwerty’s TAS, I’ve noticed one very minor thing that I could not explain: when the character is moving in rolling state and hits an object in front of him (spikes, for example), sometimes his state changes to normal instantly, but sometimes it takes 1 more frame. It makes it possible to loose a few frames this way in complex levels. Do you know what’s causing it, and how to avoid it?
Hello there Sonic TAS experts! Razor and I have stumbled upon an optimisation problem in our ringless S3&K run. Please, can you help is finding a solution? Is there any way to get Sonic killed in the very beginning of Act 2 without waiting for the time to run out so we can skip the tube with rings? Anything would help. Thanks in advance.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Zenon wrote:
Hello there Sonic TAS experts! Razor and I have stumbled upon an optimisation problem in our ringless S3&K run. Please, can you help is finding a solution? Is there any way to get Sonic killed in the very beginning of Act 2 without waiting for the time to run out so we can skip the tube with rings? Anything would help. Thanks in advance.
Act 2 of Angel Island or what? As far as I know, there isn’t a way to die. You should try entering the ground by rolling under the monitor, as it’s often done between Lava Reefs and see if you can skip those rings this way, but I beleive that the terrain there does not allow the mentioned trick. Even Tails cannot enter the floor that way there. (upd) copying my previous question to the new page: guys, just asking you to check if you know this thing or not. When me and feeuzz recorded our improvement of Qwerty’s TAS, I’ve noticed one very minor thing that I could not explain: when the character is moving in rolling state and hits an object in front of him (spikes, for example), sometimes his state changes to normal instantly, but sometimes it takes 1 more frame. It makes it possible to loose a few frames this way in complex levels. Do you know what’s causing it, and how to avoid it?
Oh, right, forgot to mention it completely. You're right it's Angel Island.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Reporting my progress in the Knuckles WIP: after 6 seconds in Angel Island 1, I am now almost 1 frame ahead of the last Aglar’s attempt which he sent me to show how to beat this stage faster. Because of the complexity of this project, I cannot give any ETA on finishing my job and strongly advise Qwerty to keep waiting. «almost» — because the pixel gainings are so small that I am not sure if they are enough to come a frame faster (and I can easilly loose them on positioning, for example) (upd) and again the distance between me and Aglar lowered to less than a pixel. However, I beleive I can actually go one frame ahead if I manage to hit the red spring 1 frame earlier, which should be possible by gaining better speeds from the loop and the uphill before the red spring (I succeeded to gain better speeds on the both of them, but somehow I also lost some pixels) (upd2) fixed my mistake; finally going ahead clearly enough for at least 1 frame improvement. But yeah, I had to loose a few pixels for positioning. It’s so amazing, to slowdown to go faster.
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Okay, I managed to improve Aglar’s run by 6 frames, Qwerty may be happy :) I’ll show a preview a bit later, after trying my hand on the other levels/acts.
Active player (356)
New WIP in Sonic 100% Well, as I said, I will finish this run if or if ... For now, complete Angel Island Zone, improving a total of 203 frames faster Improved the 2 places And I'm in the fight to improve Hydrocity 1 and 2, at night, I'll be trying new methods, tricks or, do the same I'll try the "glitch death" at the end of Hydrocity 1 used in almost every runs of Sonic 3 & Knuckles :)
Current Projects: Snic & Knuckles 3 - Knuckles 100% - AIZ2 Future Proyects: Genesis games GBx - GBA games
WST
She/Her
Active player (442)
Looks good, but improving it after improving Aglar was a bit… easy :) Take this if you need some fresh ideas for the very beginning of AIZ1 However, I beleive the improvement could still be advanced. Better brake precision on the spring could be in order, for instance. I leave it to you since it’s not my WIP :) (upd) I almost forgot that when you exit the special stage, the in-game timer will eat all the improvement… Pity :( maybe I need to sleep more -_- Anyway, would you welcome my comments / contributions? I won’t demand co-authorship if you want this to be your solo project, just wanna show some possible flaws.