Submission Text Full Submission Page
A classic game of Street Fighter series
Game objectives
  • Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.2
  • Genre: Fighting
  • Aim fastest
  • Luck manipulation
Techniques
  • Infinite combo: cancel throw by a skill is main tech, it help me connect to other skills for do combos. Ryu can do same this, but slower
  • Enemy control: it depend time and my actions at start round, nearly make enemy do what I want
  • Last input: at last round, I have sacrifice game time for save few frames by last input key

feos: This is a rare case when support is lower than 50%. It's 32% here. Because it's an awful game. But it's a pirated port, and only licensed games can go to Vault if they are awful. In order to get to Vault, an awful bootleg must be notable. The exact meaning of notability isn't explained, but the chat commentary adelikat gave on this line was that Vault rules are meant to prevent TASing pointless hacks where only main character's head is changed to Mario, with the original game being available. Here, the original game seems to be Street Fighter 2. And the pirate port of it is as broken as most pirate ports were back then. It was popular in countries where it was sold. But the audience here didn't really express that they consider it notable enough.
Rejecting this bootleg TAS, and suggesting to try out other of that kind. Posting WIPs is safer and helps to figure out whether the run is worth submitting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4170: NhatNM's NES Street Fighter II in 02:48.74
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
Wiki: Vault wrote:
  • Unlicensed and homebrew games are eligible but may be judged on a game-by-game basis based on their notability.
Just putting this out here in case anyone wonders about the Vault rules for unlicensed pirate games. Street Fighter 2 bootlegs are a particularly nasty cases, as there are many different versions made by different companies: http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_II:_The_World_Warrior (used in this run; made by Hummer Team, published by Yoko Soft) http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Fighter_VI%27 (also Hummer Team/Yoko Soft) http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Fighter_II_Pro (developed and published by Cony Soft) http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Fighter_III (unknown) And more. Some of these bootlegs also have clones of their own. And that's just for NES/Famicom. Also, voting no. Fighting game speedruns are terrible in entertainment in general, but this bootleg is pretty bad to watch as well. I've actually played some of the Super Fighter III games; it's actually surprisingly good, with quite smooth gameplay. (And one of the clones has Mario as a playable character. Yeah.)
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Active player (292)
I've played a bunch of these, the throw canceling here is neat but it doesn't make for a watchable run. meh from me, should have been an april 1st run.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
I want to see this go to vault. Meh vote.
YEA THAT'S MY REASON
All No Votes. Show yourself.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Player (26)
Yes, I'm voting no because I believe this belongs in the vault. Based on Mothrayas's links, I understand that this is the first and most well-known attempt to port SF2 to the NES (even if by a third party) and the other similar roms are based on this one. I believe that makes it sufficiently notable.
I liked doing that throw canceling to projectile thing in Kart Fighter.
I like Doraemon
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
Radiant wrote:
Based on Mothrayas's links, I understand that this is the first and most well-known attempt to port SF2 to the NES (even if by a third party)
I'm not sure if it's the most well-known. I know at least I found Super Fighter III before any of the others. I'm also not sure if this is the first one either, because the release dates are vague and some are unknown.
Radiant wrote:
and the other similar roms are based on this one.
Some are. Many aren't. At least 3 companies have independently worked on NES SF2 bootlegs.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
then should I make SF III and SF IV on NES at next? Yep, all are unlicensed. Yep, they'll terrible in entertainment. I just want make some records for SF series :D btw, Cancel throw trick work on pretty much fighting games on NES
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
xxNKxx wrote:
I just want make some records for SF series :D
If you want to make a record for an NES based Capcom style fighting game, can I recommend TASing Joy Mecha Fight? It's an officially licensed game, in fact, it's made by Nintendo itself after it saw the popularity of Street Fighter 2. It also rips off Mega Man in some ways. Edit: Regarding this particular run, I'm not entirely sure what to vote. It was repetitive and on the bland side. On the other hand, for sub-three minutes, the repetitiveness isn't too bad. I did enjoy the strategies used, and it fully held my interest over the course of a fight.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Well least I've learned where the Viga sprite from mugen came from
Active player (266)
Street Fighter 2 game and yet no Guile's theme? These developers have no soul. About the run, it wasn't interesting because every fight looks almost same, but within 3 minutes it's quite tolerable. I don't know what to vote either, maybe I should spare vote this time. Edit: If you're looking for fighting games, Gouketsuji Ichizoku for SNES/MD (a.k.a. Power Instinct) may interest you.
Banned User, Former player
I was hoping this would be some kind of joke because to my knowledge there's no Street Fighter 2 for the NES, but this isn't April 1st, and Mothrayas' explanation that it's an unlicensed bootleg game kind of ruined it...
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Warp wrote:
there's no Street Fighter 2 for the NES, but this isn't April 1st, and Mothrayas' explanation that it's an unlicensed bootleg game
Street Fighter 2 is one of the most influential games of all time. It single handedly revitalized the arcade scene. It had 5 editions made, and even recently, a 6th. It was one of the top selling SNES games. It had many bootleg versions at the arcade and on various consoles. Some of its bootlegs even had bootlegs. It caused many to create clones. The Mortal Kombat series was probably inspired by it, even though it's not a clone. It received numerous sequels, many of which were well received too.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I would arguably call this "game" notable for how popular it was (along with MK "ports") where no official NES fighting game was known, except for TMNT TF. But as a TAS it looks just terrible. I don't know if any SF bootleg would be even vaultable, but this game sucks badly.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Player (26)
Nach wrote:
Street Fighter 2 is one of the most influential games of all time. It single handedly revitalized the arcade scene. It had 5 editions made, and even recently, a 6th. It was one of the top selling SNES games. It had many bootleg versions at the arcade and on various consoles. Some of its bootlegs even had bootlegs. It caused many to create clones. The Mortal Kombat series was probably inspired by it, even though it's not a clone. It received numerous sequels, many of which were well received too.
If your bootlegs are getting bootlegs, you know you must be doing something right :D
Emulator Coder
feos wrote:
where no official NES fighting game was known, except for TMNT TF
What? There are several officially licensed NES fighting games other than TMNT TF. As I mentioned above Joy Mecha Fight which is Street Fighter like. There's also Yie Ar Kung-Fu, and probably others I'm not familiar with.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Joy Mecha Fight was not present in the place I mentioned at all. Yie Ar Kung-Fu isn't serious. All here played either SF clones, or MK clones, or turtles.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
the sad thing with me SF or MK or turtles got fame not on NES, where have TASEditor with powelful helped me fix my ugly actions for make TAS. I tried alot times with some other games on other devices, but they look so bad Sad, I falling in love with TASEditor :(
Spikestuff
They/Them
xxNKxx wrote:
Sad, I'm falling in love with TASEditor :(
Don't, it is the devil.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
yep, it make me can't play games without it, because I alway feel I have control too bad T___T
Emulator Coder
xxNKxx wrote:
the sad thing with me SF or MK or turtles got fame not on NES, where have TASEditor with powelful helped me fix my ugly actions for make TAS. I tried alot times with some other games on other devices, but they look so bad Sad, I falling in love with TASEditor :(
TAS Joy Mecha Fight, it's for the NES!
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Thanks!But that game look too ugle :D It not I don't have fighting games on NES for make TAS, example this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqOeqQxXAAM I just try what game I know first :D
Experienced player (703)
I feel bad for you. I never used TASEditor , so no devil for me ;D
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Spikestuff
They/Them
xxNKxx wrote:
yep, it make me can't play games without it, because I alway feel I have control too bad T___T
I was talking about the user TASEditor.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
you have troll me with the word "it" for "he" >.<