Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a TAS for an obscure fighting game on the SNES, which follows a few conventions of the genre and breaks others.
Story mode has 6 characters only, the other modes allow to choose the boss characters.

Character choice:

Flash and Wonder Woman are the ones with stun combos. Super and Green Archer can combo with multiple freeze attacks and everybody can throw on hit-stun (Batman has a lot of fun with this) and block-stun. Everybody has dashes forward(WW, Super, Despero, Darkseid hit for little damage with the dash)and back-dash with initial invincibility.

Properties:

This game has no cancels (except for flight cancel but it's not very useful), you can only link moves. Wonder Woman has a hard time hitting her lasso which doesn't have a lot of priority, so Flash was chosen because not all characters could be manipulated into successive stuns.
EVEN when they are STUNNED,they take random times to recover and some moves activate the AI block so I'm obligated to do a jump attack before the dash attack,it's easy to see if you try do the final combo on flash using only the dash uppercut, he will block instantly even if you cross him up with the teleport.

Flash moves used:

• Teleport: Half circle back kick
  • Dash uppercut: This game has no dragon punch motion at all, it has instead: charge forward, quarter circle and forward punch

Fights:

Cheetah and Aquaman were really annoying to manipulate, Aqua's blocks/jumps too much and Cheetah has a lot of priority on her moves.
Characters with uppercuts like Despero and cheetah didn't get the immediate jumping attack for their behavior, others were just optimizing the combo to minimize landing time and testing if the raw uppercut would end the fight. Darkseid and Despero were bigger and therefore, faster to hit.

Thanks for reading and spikestuff for editing article

feos: Rejecting for sub-optimality explained in this post.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4197: KusogeMan's SNES Justice League Task Force in 09:08.70
Active player (434)
encode will take a long time for this computer so i will not do it this time
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Hi grassini ! I was watched your run and then I try myself (BizHawk 1.6.0) : http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/download/12844508068409744 Have something need say to you if you want improve more than - Your selections have little slow, you can improve 46 frames for it. Don't wait appear yellow text "task force", press button for it appear faster - Text "perfect" will take 91 frames. if you can take damage less than 91 frames then you can faster. In my example file, stage 1 - round 1, I have faster you 53 frames by take damage (just compare round 1 frames only) - If you want make luck manipulation, I found cores of lucky for you: * 4 frames before you can move when start round, press buttons can change luck (mean freeze time) * Movements or not move are difference with make actions by punchs or kicks. Work also while fighting p/s: I don't know this game, just learn from your run. My example isn't fully optimized
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Using N?K's example. 772 rerecords for one fight and optimal inputs at start. Yours 1006 rerecords DONE. THAT'S IT! THIS IS PERFECT. Mate, back yourself make sure you have everything done correctly. Use those damn re-records, especially for fighters. No vote. Wasn't entertaining.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I have learn how to play this game, that's why I used many save/load times :D
Expert player (2580)
xxNKxx wrote:
you can improve 46 frames for it.
(by optimizing button presses on the title screen) Well, I didn't watch the run yet, but that's a turnoff for me. And here's a free advice; we should love frame advance.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Active player (434)
thanks nk,I tried pressing buttons before the match and didn't get any result different,when do you press them?
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
for detect start frame character can move, try hold up button. In my example file it at frame 2882. At frame 2878 try put actions buttons you'll see enemy change actions
grassini wrote:
thanks nk,I tried pressing buttons before the match and didn't get any result different,when do you press them?
Are you sure you fully understand how luck manipulation works? You had a problem with this in your Bomberman run as well.
Active player (434)
Well,given the fact NK found a way to manipulate luck in prebattle,i suppose there's no point in arguing but i have my doubts to how much faster it could be since enemies rarely use such fast moves(91f) while putting themselves in positions to get killed and i don't know how to exhaust the luck possible to cooperate.Is TASing only for people who can program bots to test thousand combinations? The Guilty Gear TAS also fails in always having the best combinations possible but i guess this TAS just needs more "tries" to be accepted.
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
grassini wrote:
Well,given the fact NK found a way to manipulate luck in prebattle,i suppose there's no point in arguing but i have my doubts to how much faster it could be since enemies rarely use such fast moves(91f) while putting themselves in positions to get killed and i don't know how to exhaust the luck possible to cooperate.Is TASing only for people who can program bots to test thousand combinations?
I don't know the game, but anyway... You don't need to necessary know programming for TASing. Most of the TASes here are done without bots. TASers only test combinations that are logical and make mostly sense, but you have use a bit of out-of-the-box thinking. For luck manipulation you have to understand how the outcome changes, when you do something. Search for a RAM address, that shows RNG values. Depending on the game, it's more or less difficult. You should think about botting, when you have to test many combination thus the TASing process of a segment gets really boring, or you're just interested in programming a bot.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Precise luck manipulation may involve debugging the code (figuring out what code writes to what address and why). But sometimes simple TASing approach helps to find out the reason. But yeah, not knowing that reason at all may lead to huge sub-optimality.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
I think the core grassini want say: not sure his way or my way have best speed It's ok, I have that feel too. Then just do the way you think it's best, try make all best you can do. But if you're not fix and improve more than your way (like my example), in near future, someone know this game will beat you not too hard. Easy calculator: if 1 round they can faster you 50 frames x 2 x 9 = around 15 seconds
Active player (434)
Thanks for the help guys,i'm not familiar with RAM search so i guess i'll just try again later.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!