Editor, Expert player (2313)
Nice find. I don't know if this is useful, but as I randomly tested stuff hoping to find new useful glitches I glitched into a wall* from a ladder (though, I believe the ladder didn't matter in this case, rather did a ledge). Unfortunately, I didn't record it. Good luck with future findings. __________________ * not just glitched into it but through it.
Former player
If you look in the video in the above post, I think that the trick in the video might be the same one you found. While it looks cool, it has no practical use. I'm still working on level 1, but I'm also writing up a tricks and glitches page at the same time. If it's not the same as the video, It would be nice if you could try to record it, or describe how you did it. It might just help. And by "through the wall" was this falling through the floor? or was it going across a wall? If it was falling through the floor, that's done by using the sword climb and getting hurt. If it was across a wall, it would rock if you could try to find out how you did it.
No, I glitched into a wall next to the ladder, not underneath it. I was in the position in the screenshot (not hard to get there). I crawled towards the ladder, stopped. Then I tottered in place (not moving) while slowly falling. I wasn't able to reproduce it the last evening, so I think it may have to do with subpixel positions. I could try to do it again today. EDIT: Not quite how I experienced it first, but could be a special case after all. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/105104110/ladder%20stuff.vbm EDIT2: And this is a weird glitch that happened because of the dialogues, useless and I uploaded it just for fun. Notice how the character's position changes because of her animation. Interesting ... http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/159594031/glitchyness.vbm
Former player
That second one made me laugh XD This game really is messed up. (or at least this first level) I really appreciate the help. :) I haven't searched the game thoroughly yet to see if I can use ladders in weird ways like the first level. I'll try to finish the glitches page today to give you some extra stuff to work with. The Long Jump is especially helpful in the game and has created many great short cuts. In this newest version I use the long jump pretty much right away to reach a new invsible platform I discovered by accident. I might do level specific tricks sometime too. The names of the glitches are up for debate though. I'm not too good at that stuff (though I want to keep the name "Sword Climb")
Post subject: Lady Sia Glitches
Former player
I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Lady Sia thread or not, but I figure it is a seperate topic than the actual run, so it should have it's own place. I haven't finished the Level Specific Glitches yet since I'm, still discovering them. I want to see how many I can find before listing them. Lady Sia Glitches Sword Climb - By swinging your sword three frames before Sia grabs onto a ledge, Sia will jump up the ledge while swinging her sword, thus skipping the long climbing animation. Fall Through Floors - Perform the Sword Climb Glitch. Now get hit by an enemy or obstacle while standing on the ground or falling, and you will fall through the floor. Fall Through Platforms – Perform the Sword Climb Glitch. It will now be impossible to stand on platforms that move or are animated in any way. Sword Jump Deactivate – The Sword Jump Glitch (more below) will be deactivated. There is another side effect of Sword Climb, but it will be in the “Level Specific Glitches” section. Sword Climb Side Effects Correction – To correct the bizarre side effects of Sword Climb, you can either, a) Climb a ledge normally b) Get hurt *Jump before getting hurt to avoid floor falling* c) Lose a life d) Enter a new area of the level e) Exit the level Getting hurt is the fastest way to correct the Sword Climb side effects. Obviously, the more times you use the glitch before getting hurt, the more time is saved. If you only use it once and get hit, it barely saves any time, since the time it takes to get up with the glitch plus the time it takes to get hurt is nearly the same as climbing normally and avoiding the enemy. Sword Jump– When Sia is slightly out of range to jump to a platform, jump towards the platform and swing your sword when you get close to it. This will give Sia a small boost which makes it possible to reach the platform. This only seems to work on platforms that move, or are animated it some way, but there is a useful exception(s) Keep in mind that the Sword Jump glitch will be deactivated after the Sword Climb Glitch has been used. Since the Sword Climb glitch messes up moving and animated platforms, this doesn’t matter too much since the Sword Jump mainly only works on similar platforms. However there is one exception (at the point I’m at) where you will have to correct Sword Climb’s effects to use Sword Jump. Quick Lever Pull – To pull a lever quicker, swing your sword at the right position and press up. This makes it so Sia doesn’t have to slide to stop before pulling it. Long Jump (method 1) – You can perform a Long Jump when jumping from a ledge to extend the distance of your jump. To do this, get close to the edge of a cliff/ledge and crawl for (x) number of frames. Then stop crawling and walk for (x) number of frames. When done correctly, Sia’s final jumping place will be farther away than normal, thus resulting in a farther jump when you jump. Keep in mind that the frame work is different for every surface, meaning that the frame you start crawling, the amount of frames you crawl, and the amount of frames you walk before jumping is always different. Long Jump (method 2) - Run towards the edge of a cliff/ledge. Once near the edge, let go of the Directional Pad (be it Left or Right) for (x) number of frames. This will trigger Sia’s Sliding animation. Now continue walking for (x) number of frames Due to the sliding, Sia’s final Jumping Spot will be farther away than normal. Keep in mind that the frame work is different for every surface, so it’s up to you to find the frame work that brings the best results. Long Jump 1 vs. Long Jump 2 – While I haven’t thoroughly tested which is the better method, it seems that it all depends on the surface in question. While testing on various surfaces, I’ve found that one method could be slower but reach farther (and visa versa) Slower and not reach as far (and visa versa) or be exactly the same. It all depends on the terrain. Quick Turn Around – Not so much a glitch, but it’s good to know. Rather that stop and turn around, you can turn around quickly by pressing down and the direction you want to go for one frame. This starts Sia’s crawling which prevents having to stop and turn around. This is especially useful when having to change direction before you jump. Level Specific Glitches Intro Level Skip – Start a new game. Fifteen Frames after the screen turns fully black, hold the start button for two frames. (If you don’t care about minimal input, just hold the start button when the screen turns fully black.) After a short while, this will pull up a discoloured pause screen. Do not make any input. It will eventually go to the “Please Wait” screen. Rather than start you in the Prison intro level, it will start you outside of the castle.
I don't think a second thread is the answer. You might ask for editor privileges on the wiki, and build a tricks repository. That way, all the useful information is in the wiki, so it won't matter how cumbersome the thread becomes.
Former player
I read the guidelines and sent a request, but now that I think about it, I can't explain things very well, so my grammer and sentence structure might not be good enough for a wiki page.
Your writing would be in good company. I've been tempted more than once to clean up some of the language on the wiki. I see such obvious foibles as the use of the passive voice, wordiness, and feeble attempts at using technical jargon-- something which is undesirable even when done correctly! ...But, in practice, it doesn't actually matter one iota if your English is unpracticed, or even borderline incoherent. Just add some screenshots and everything will be clear.
Post subject: new sia tricks page created, thread no longer needed
Editor, Experienced player (730)
I've made a page for ya. PM me a bunch of pictures to go with the trick descriptions. (this thread canbe deleted now.) Also, generally tricks pages are made for very popular games or where a lot of different people are competing/working together on it, so that anyone new to it can learn the ropes or a database can be made for reference.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Former player
Are images required?
They'd be very handy to have. A picture is worth a thousand words, no matter how well I utilize my verbal diarrhea.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Former player
I sort of wish I had never brought this topic up. Would it be possible to delete this thread? I don't really think a wiki page is necessary for this game. If anybody wants to run it someday, I could just rapidshare a text file. Is it a hassle to get rid of a wiki page? I don't really want an unfinished wiki page for an obscure game. Sorry about this.
The thread should be deletable; but there's no reason to delete the wiki, I can keep it updated if you send me tricks and pictures.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Senior Moderator
Isn't it easier to make Pekopon an editor?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Active player (308)
Drop that... this game is terrible... I'd rather play chutes and ladders. It reminds me of SNES Power Pigs. But this one is a lot worse.
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Former player
If you didn't like it then that's too bad for you and you don't have to watch it. By"terrible game" do you mean you played a few levels, found it too hard and quit? I find that's the common definition of "terrible game". Sure the magic isn't the most useful thing in the game, and it saves what health you have at the check point, but those are small things. Play the whole game.
Former player
Okay. I finally got Level 1 finished for the 5th time or something. From the beginning of the movie to the end of level 1, I saved a whopping 952 frames! The way I did it? I found a way to skip the intro level, I found new invisible platforms for a bigger shortcut, and I found a way to make the first crane come back faster. Some other little optimizations too. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/239863625/Copy%20of%20Version%201.4%20Lady%20Sia%20%28U%29%20%28M6%29%20%5B%21%5D.vbm I'll have a youtube link soon. Edit: Youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HvVhlMyF04
Menu time saver In the main menu at the beginning, it seems that you can press "down A" to immediately go to the options screen rather than having to wait for the selection to hover to "options". In the options menu itself, you can press combinations of "up or down" & "left" or "right" to change an option underneath or above the current selection quickly. Might glitch hunt the game more~ EDIT: Room transition If you pause and quit the game right before a room transition starts, you will not quit out but instead go to the next room. Level exit In the tutorial level, when you touch the end and then pause and quit right before it starts fading out then you will be at the main menu. Normally quitting out would take you to the title screen.
I found a new interesting glitch: At the boss battle in the first world you have to grab and drop of some enemies until some kind of bird guy comes out. If you grab him it will trigger dialogue and you go to the next world. If you pause one frame before grabbing him and choose to quit out of the game, and then grab him anyway, it will still trigger the dialogue while fading out. You can click away the dialogue. Depending on the time you click it away, you will be sent to a certain part of the opening cinematics. - If you click it away immediately you will go straight to level 1. -- This is the only place that allows infinite health glitch to happen (explained below). -- If you beat this level, it will think that you actually beat the boss level that you used the glitch in so it will give you the "timing" and the "rating" according to it. The rating in my testing was "F0" although it is supposed to be between 0 and 99 I believe... -- If you "return to main menu" once, the glitched timing and rating for the boss level will be gone. -- When you beat subsequent levels, the rating might also be glitched for those levels. - if you wait a bit you will go to the prison tutorial level before level 1. - if you wait a bit longer you will be at the middle of the cinematics. - if you wait until the last moment you will see the whole cinematics. - if you don't click away you will go to the title screen. Maybe this sort of dialogue glitch can be used elsewhere and it will have more devastating effects. Infinite health glitch: Also, if you are at low health and grab the bird guy while taking damage while using the glitch above, you will start dying but it can send you to the first level if you click away the dialogue immediately. This causes an infinite health glitch. - Health address $03001E08 shows that it is 0 (at which point you would die but you can still walk around freely). - If you take another hit it underflows to 65535. - The glitch lasts through deaths and through picking up heart items. It wears off when you beat a level and enter another one. - This glitch might also be caused by other circumstances. For example, in level 2, in the underground, you can die while touching the water that sends you upwards. There is a heart item in the way, however, which prevents the glitch from occuring. EDIT: unfortunately I only found one other place in the game to do this dialogue glitch. And the effects were the exact same.
Experienced player (630)
Me really interested in this game. Where I can find the movie that got improved in the submission?
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Topic is here. Maybe a mod should merge the topics. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=168906#168906 The post linked above has an improved level 1. Otherwise it seems Pekopon didn't post anything new. I have messaged him a few months ago asking how he's doing but got no reply. I made a comment on his latest video, about 1 week ago. --- My 2 posts below basicly point out faster menuing that Pekopon didn't use, and my attempts at wrong warping to the credits or later levels. There was some potential but it seems it's not working.
Hey guys, im the guy who did the last edits to the strategy page and who was almost done witha full game tas about spring 2014 is back. I shot you both a PM with my skype info to get in touch about the game :)
Maybe bird guy glitch should be tried in mGBA to see if the result is the same as in VBA.
EDIT: Birdguy glitch is the same in mGBA.
-- If you beat this level, it will think that you actually beat the boss level that you used the glitch in so it will give you the "timing" and the "rating" according to it. The rating in my testing was "F0" although it is supposed to be between 0 and 99 I believe...
This happens because rating depends on the health of you have when you finish the level, and when you have out of bounds health, the rating messes up.
Post subject: ending warp
So I saw a thread about a potential ending/credit warp on r/speedrun and I managed to replicate it. I never played this game until now but to my understanding this effectively skips half of the game. Link to video