• Genre: Action
Game Objectives
  • Uses hardest difficulty
  • Aims for fastest
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Luck manipulation
  • Pacifist
More Techniques and Tricks
  • Most techniques I was learned from here: #3988: Hâthor's PSX Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (USA) in 29:52.65
  • Improve speed at intro/selections: just press buttons at correct frame or press all needed buttons in same time
  • Control enemy actions: The core I found, enemy actions depend timer it received damage, easy make non stop attacks to Boss. That's why sometimes will see my attacks have slow a bit. It's just "slower for faster"
  • Kill boss in a hit: All bosses will die if falling down water
  • Make boss thought wall: it's a my funny idea . Because Hâthor said can't hit boss when it blocked wall then I try do it
Difference between JP and US
  • Like Hâthor said, many thing have difference. JPN version have less than stages. Some tricks/bugs can work in JPN version but not work in US version, and else. Example quick stand up after hook, speed item, thought house roof, the fast way for done stage Cure the princess,etc. I must find other ways can do fast as possible
Thanks
  • Hâthor: show me his run, learned alot thing from him
  • ALAKTORN: sent me some ideas

feos: Judging...
feos: Accepting as a separate run. However it won't have a branch, at least for now. Because the completion type is the same, between the 2 games, only the region differs. Therefore, the region will be an indicator. I'm not using the Japanese title for this one, because we have a tradition of using the region mark alongside the English title instead. Also publishing...

Editor, Experienced player (608)
Nice to see another run from you, xxNKxx! Good job on the run; I liked the new tricks and found it overall entertaining. Voting Yes!
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Thanks dudes! I was remake 2 last stages, with new improves and new strategy with bosses, saved 235 frames Judges help me edit submission with this movie please. Thanks ! http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/16204073639539801 Edit: New preview video Link to video
A man come from Vietnam My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/NhatNM/playlists
ALAKTORN
He/Him
Player (99)
the flipjump entering Onikage’s boss battle was really cool :D your old Meiō strategy looked better though… it’s not faster to use bombs?
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
yes new strategy have more attacks but low delay, faster few frames
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
I'm going to agree with publishing these 2 versions alongside each other. But I don't think either of them should have any branch name, because they are kind of different games, so keeping the region is enough in my eyes. Opinions?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
feos wrote:
I'm going to agree with publishing these 2 versions alongside each other. But I don't think either of them should have any branch name, because they are kind of different games, so keeping the region is enough in my eyes. Opinions?
Call it "Tenchu: Rittai Ninja Katsugeki" like N?K originally had before I changed it to the English title? I really don't have any ideas...
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Normally, I would suggest adding a branch name to one of them, but branches weren't made for a situation like this and don't quite work when there are major differences between the two games. I think we should go with Spikestuff's suggestion, to avoid making it look like there are two "trunk" runs of the same game. They really are two separate games, after all.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Yeah, but still the same title.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2648] PSX Tenchu: Stealth Assassins (Japan) by NhatNM in 16:34.17
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Oh yeah \(^o^)/
Player (104)
A bit too late but... I'm really happy to see the Japanese version. Dude, what you've done is very cool! I loved it :) Nice work!
NhatNM
He/Him
Experienced player (705)
Yolo! Thanks! Hâthor, Did you see my test on US version? I found some new fast ways: http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10772&start=60 It'll very cool if you and me make improve them (I'm not good optimize in 3D games)