Congratulations! You're watching a piece of shit game! This game is an Asian pirate game.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.20.20
  • Unoffical game
  • Glitch abuse
  • Luck manipalation
  • Forgoes game end glitch
  • Forgoes boss clone glitch
  • Forgoes boss skip glitch
  • Uses 1 player, 1.5 players and 2 players
  • twerks and faps

Comments

Glitches NOT used in this run

Game end glitch
The game can be beaten in 48 frames by pressing Start on the second controller after the first Level finished loading.
Boss clone glitch
Characters from the game can be cloned by pressing A then B on the second controller, the outcome can be manipulated by pressing left or right on the second controller. The last boss could be cloned in the beginning, fall into the water and die.
Boss skip glitch
By pressing Start on the second controller in a boss room after the room finished loading will skip the boss fight.

Glitches and Tricks used in this run

Camera speed
The camera has a fixed speed it can scroll, so it looks like the game is an autoscroller, but it isn't.
Jumping in mid-air
While in mid-air it is possible to jump by pressing down, two frames later A. However it is only possible to jump straight up. Moving forward will cause the glitch not to work.
Stuck in mid-air
In mid-air press down, down, down+A and the character will get stuck.
Second player spawn
By pressing A then B and manipulate it with left or right a second playable character will spawn. It could be the same as the first player, both are controlled with one controller, but direction needs to be inputted on both, else the characters will move very slow. To seperate characters can be controlled individually. The downside of this is that the room where the characters are spawned will never scroll left. In boss room the effect will be carried over to the next level and soft locks the game.
Room load stop
Pressing Start on the second controller while the room load will stop the loading and the room will have a different graphic pallette.
Qicker exiting
By pressing select before exiting a room the next room will load quicker.
Luck manipulation
The randomness depends on the B presses, I manipulated some enemies not to attack, or in case of two bosses to run faster.

Stage by stage comments

Level 1

The two rats need to be killed to spawn the second boss.

Level 2

The boss can only be defeated by punching him overboard.

Level 3

I used the second character to exit a room quicker.

Level 4

Nothing interesting.

Level 5

Used second character to exit the first three rooms quicker. I needed to wait for the cycle of the platform. The boss can also only be beaten by punching him into the water.

feos: Accepting and mooning...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4385: TASeditor's NES Titenic in 03:54.28
Active player (469)
No need to watch it again since I did a sneaky encode of it a few days ago ) Yes vote, as much as this game is short, TASeditor always surprises with awesome glitches.
Synahel
She/Her
Former player
Short enough to be watchable, fun stuff all around, it's cool
Editor, Experienced player (608)
That was really funny, not to mention fast and glitchy! I like that this game has a Cheetahmen II-esque jumping glitch too. Yes vote!
Skilled player (1404)
A cheap game loosely based on a movie that capitalized on one of the great tragedies of the modern world. How lovely. Seems like it's based very heavily on the Harry Potter game.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (774)
Ferret Warlord wrote:
A cheap game loosely based on a movie that capitalized on one of the great tragedies of the modern world. How lovely. Seems like it's based very heavily on the Harry Potter game.
It's more likely to be the vice versa.
Post subject: Is it *really* "Titenic"? Yes vote either way!
Moderator, Senior Ambassador, Experienced player (898)
Is it "Titenic" instead of "Titanic" because of copyright? Either way, this was short and interesting, Yes vote. A.C. ******
I was laid off in May 2023 and could use support via Patreon or onetime donations as I work on TASBot Re: and TASBot HD. I'm dwangoAC, part of the senior staff of TASVideos as the Senior Ambassador and BDFL of the TASBot community; I post TAS content on YouTube.com/dwangoAC based on livestreams from Twitch.tv/dwangoAC.
Player (12)
What the frick? I have no idea what I just watched. I remember seeing JonTron review this game (how can you forget with a title like "Titenic"), but I don't remember anything about the game except it being a pirate. I certainly don't remember defying gravity being a thing in it.
Former player
This game is... ugh, it hurts from just watching. And this comes from the person who TASed Cheetahmen II! I guess it has some entertainment value, just because of how strange it is. Also, I like how the physics are all over the place. I'll give this a meh.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
One of the best TASes of all time , kongratulations you get a yes vote. Note I am drunk but I don't think that matters because this game is Titenic.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Expert player (2001)
Eh, decent enough. Yes vote.
effort on the first draft means less effort on any draft thereafter - some loser
Skilled player (1705)
No. This game sucks. Also due to forgoing game end glitch, this is unvaultable.
Patashu
He/Him
jlun2 wrote:
Imo the 'game end glitch' is more of a debug code. It's the equivalent of opening a game, selecting 'credits' from the menu and ending the TAS. It's not clever or interesting.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
A "game end glitch" for this game should be rejected. You only need 48 frames just to finish this game. The branch isn't worthy for this game. Going with based Patashu and also saying it's more of a debug code as you are using the second controller to do this. Also that this is a bootleg which didn't have much thought or time into the development. Oh, Meh vote. I am both entertained and not entertained at the same time.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Experienced player (629)
I give my yes votes to this TAS!!! Thanks for doing this movie and making it entertaining.
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
what am watch This was hypnotizing and mesmerizing. Take that, color palettes. Yes, I was entertained.
--Graywords
Banned User, Former player
So that's what really happened aboard the Titanic... At least there was no rapping dog.
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
jlun2 wrote:
Also due to forgoing game end glitch, this is unvaultable.
Then this run would be 100% then. :-)
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Editor, Emulator Coder, Site Developer
Patashu wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
Imo the 'game end glitch' is more of a debug code. It's the equivalent of opening a game, selecting 'credits' from the menu and ending the TAS. It's not clever or interesting.
I agree; looking at the description of it and some of the other unused glitches, it seems more likely that they're just controller 2 deubbing\testing stuff that was left in for release.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
so if you press buttons on the unused controller 2, stuff happens. On what planet is that considered a glitch? This is a clear cut case of debug codes. For reference, see Megaman 3
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Editor, Skilled player (1504)
Well controller two is used to controll the second character as you control the main character. So you can assume the second character is meant to be used, but the developers may left debug codes also in controller two, which made it act weird.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2659] NES Titenic by TASeditor in 03:54.28