(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
All battles are 'purrfect', no damage was taken from the opponents. The difficulty is on hard as shown in the video, I used one round only. Doing a belly flop gives insane damage, but gives a waiting time penalty. When that happens I do a taunt that raises my beserk meter, when the meter is full you go into a rage mode. With rage mode you can't recieve damage from items and other oppents that aren't in rage mode and you also deal more damage.
(NOTE) I skipped a part of the intro, because I get a blurry white screen. This part is not important, it only shows who made it and such. Yes, it has some repetitiveness in the move set, but I try to do it as fast as possible and add some little fun while doing it.

Noxxa: Judging.
Noxxa: This run seems to have some good ideas at times, but does not apply them consistently, which results in some battles looking reasonably good, but other battles suffering from lots of slowdown due to sloppiness, or wasting time with things like throwing objects at enemies while they're invincible. See this post for more detailed thoughts. Rejecting due to sloppiness.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #4573: The_Trust's GC Unknown Game "Hard difficulty" in 03:22.62
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
I notice there's not a whole lot of consistency in battle strategies, with some battles being quite a bit slower than other ones when it seems like more consistency could lead to faster times.
  • In the first battle (Beach, vs. Jerry), you hit Jerry with a thrown crab object while he's still invincible, to no effect. You also don't prevent him from picking up a few health kits and running away, which wastes further time. Was this really not avoidable?
  • The fight against Spike looked pretty efficient. You do one body slam which did a lot of damage but no stun (thus no lengthy invincibility time), and used a throw that does a lot of damage and also doesn't have a lengthy invincibility time afterwards. Couldn't some of these strategies be implemented in other stages as well?
  • Vs. Tyke: judging from the healthbar, going to berserk mode only loses time because it holds up Tom for a few seconds, and you'd defeat him in four hits anyway.
  • Vs. Nibbles: Again there's a body slam without the stun, significantly speeding up the fight.
  • Vs. Monster Jerry: After going berserk, you hit him with a body slam which leaves him at very low health with long invincibility. You did one jab right before going berserk; if you did one more it would probably have saved several seconds.
Overall I think there's too little consistency and too many opportunities improvement for this run. You should try looking into how to get body slams that don't stun the opponent (like in the Spike and Nibbles) battles, as tactics like that look like they could improve the run by a lot of time. Otherwise, you may want to look into other methods of dealing damage, that don't cause such long invincibility times. Hand-to-hand weapons, regular thrown items, throws or even just jabs come to mind.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Neat little fighting game. However, this run does have the issue that all fighting game runs have when going for fastest time: the strategies get really repetitive. The run also feels pretty unoptimized, though I have no basis for measuring exactly how suboptimal it is. Mothrayas brings up good points. It's not quite interesting enough to get out of the No area for entertainment.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
I'll give it a meh for being the fastest so far anyway, but as others have pointed out it does seem like it could be either sped up more for a quicker finish, which would make it go to vault most likely. Or you could do a "playaround" like the Mortal Kombat games and focus more on doing stupid things to make a fun video compared to going for speed. Personally I would love to see a playaround version of this game as long as there is enough content for it. I guess it comes down to how glitched the game can be and how funny it can be to abuse said glitches if they are present. Of course this does fully depend on there being such content in the game, I haven't even seen this game before so no idea what can be found inside it.
Enjoys speedruns but hasn't actually tried making any yet.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!
The_Trust
He/Him
Thanks Mothrayas for showing much interest, I didn't expect it getting this much attention. Seems this website is pretty serious XD Thanks everybody, I hope you enjoyed the video!!!
www.YouTube.com/LeroyTeam TAS is love, TAS if life.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Thanks for making this run. Always nice to see another GC TAS, and a new fighting game I hadn't heard of before. I hope you decide to make an improved run!