Submission Text Full Submission Page
This TAS is about 3900 frames faster than Baddap1's run.

Game Objectives

• Emulator used: FCEUX 2.2.2
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Uses warps
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
I didn't want to encode because I was lazy.
Super Mario Unlimited is an excellent hack of Super Mario Bros., this hack was made by frantik in 2012 in which they have changed the music, graphics, levels, power ups, and added a super jump by holding the A button when you stomp the enemy. I made this TAS in 3 days from April 20th to April 22nd. When I make this TAS, there was an earthquake in Taiwan.

Level Comments With Poor English

1-1
Hit the bottom left of the star block would save a lot of time.
1-2
Pipe crossing was more useful than used Shell Jump in the first stage, I also used this glitch in the second stage and warp to world 3.
3-1
In the first stage, block crossing saved a lot of time and clicking the A button all the time when the speed value was 16. In the fourth stage (the warp stage) , I used a useful glitch to save the super jump time and warp to world 6.
6-1
Umm... Half of level jumping in mid-air.
6-2
Very short level.
6-3
I hit the two invisible blocks to enhance entermaining.
6-4
The level designed for testing super jumps, I didn't want to hit the bottom left of the star block because it would waste some frames.
6-5
Nothing to say. Entry in world 7.
7-1
Lip jump time!
7-2
Nothing to say.
7-3
Used walljump to save time in the second stage.
7-4
I performed turn around swim in the water stage, I also hit the bottom left of the star block to save time.
7-5
I used block crossing glitch to save a lot of time. If was big Mario, you can jump over celling on the left side. Entry in world 8.
8-1
Nothing to say.
8-2
My favorite level. I performed shake Mario's head on the platform. I really liked the double speed castle music very much.
8-3
Block crossing was very useful but I had to slow down at the flying green turtle. The Bullet Bull was very helpful because I hit the bottom left of the star block to save time.
8-4
In the first stage, I slid into the pipe. In the fourth stage, Mario died to reappear to the goal stage.
8-5
The final level of this hack. However, defeat the Bowser wasn't so simple! You had to get the fire flower to defeat the Bowser. Otherwise, the screen won't move. I used the vine glitch twice and used the helpful walljump in the vine stage. In the final stage, I found the fast way to defeat the Bowser, performed slide run in front of the button. The movie was ended at the frame ending the input. I really liked the ending music a lot.

Screenshots

Have fun watching!

Tompa: Let's give judging this a shot!
Tompa: Delayed awaiting the improved version...
Tompa: Rejecting this while the improvement is being worked on.

Experienced player (630)
MarioUniverseZone wrote:
I'm tired of the improvement version LOL
...wat
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
I don't plan to submit the improvement because I don't have much time.
Experienced player (630)
MarioUniverseZone wrote:
I don't plan to submit the improvement because I don't have much time.
This will sound stupid but maybe I can finish the improvement for you. I have bunchs of time to spare.
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
By all means, go for it Kurabupengin.
Current projects: failing at life
Not stupid at all, absolutely go for it Kurabupengin.
Experienced player (630)
Allright then. MarioUniverseZone, did you updated the movie file already? What improvements have you found?
http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1277847647/SuperMarioUnlimited%20warpsv2x.fm2 I improved 5 levels, so please improve it from 8-3. (I think it can't beat the unimproved movie file.) Improvements found: 7-3: Vine glitch, found by Tompa. 7-5: Better optimization. Possible improvements: 8-5: Maybe big Mario can get the fire flower at 24 speed. If it can be done, you can save about 2 frames like that.
Post subject: fuck bullet bills
Experienced player (630)
Weird that the movie desyncs in W8-3... currently doing stuff with it. EDIT: Found out that it desynced because of the first bullet bill, I have no idea why this happens, but it does. And I don't know how to resync it without bullet bills appearing at the right time with all the improvements MUZ made.
Experienced player (630)
Since spawning bills is... weird, can I request for rejection please? I think it'll be better for the 2 of us to communicate on a separate thread so we can work toghether on finding more improvements without any pressure. What do you think buddy?
GoddessMaria
She/Her
Reviewer, Experienced player (849)
That's a good idea, Kurabupengin. It'd make things easier on the judge as well as you.
Current projects: failing at life
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
I decided to finish the improvement version yesterday, and here it is. Total 192 frames (3.19 seconds) saved. And the movie is ended at pressing the button, like other SMB1 runs. Sorry for waiting 2 years...... Edit: I forgot to add: The video is recorded from 7-3.
Experienced player (630)
I should be the one apologizing. I didn't know what I was getting into and made you and Tompa wait for so long. Im really truly sorry for that, SMB TASing was much more difficult for me than I expected...
It seems like I should make another submission......
Former player
I don't really see why the number of published hack should be minimized at any cost. Why should we care if there are 10 published SMB hacks, if they all have very high quality? I wish submitted TASes of hacks would be treated like any other game, with the only differences that they need to be at least entertaining enough for the moon tier and can be rejected for being merely a cosmetic or a low quality hack. The number of already published hacks should be irrelevant.
Current project: Gex 3 any% Paused: Gex 64 any% There are no N64 emulators. Just SM64 emulators with hacky support for all the other games.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
8-5 can be completed faster by getting a mushroom in an earlier section before going underwater.
Editor, Player (10)