Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Dimon12321 wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
Based on this, I found the following movies less than S1000 that were submitted long ago, rejected, and unrejected and accepted: #242: Phil's SNES Lethal Enforcers in 37:28.67
And how to improve this TAS? I have no ideas!
If I'm not mistaken, please someone correct me if I'm wrong. The game is a Lightgun game, and the only TAS emulator currently that support light gun is lsnes. So that's how you improve it. Going to ask. Will the list be updated, to support more runs?
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3520)
Hmmm updated in what way? I'm not sure what the question is (or if it's directed to me) If you mean by adding in the runs jlun2 found, then no I didn't plan on it. Maybe I will add it as an addendum after the initial list is complete. It would be nice to have those runs improved also, but I certainly have no plans for any of them. I also have no interest in a 'First 1000' or other equivalent.
Editor, Skilled player (1409)
I'm really sorry to say it... But I'll not be doing anymore the TASes from this list. About a month ago I was TASing a lot and had WIPs of 7 or 8 games, and not that I stopped enjoying it, but I saw I was spending too much time with it, really too much. To have more free time for other stuff, I decided to just drop everything and stop TASing. After 2 weeks of thought I changed my mind, and now I intend to TAS only SMW and SMW hacks. So I'll not be TASing anymore the games from The first 500 list. Sorry about that, Alyosha, please remove my name from the games.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoUfT49xN9TU-gDMHv57sw Projects: SMW 96 exit. SDW any%, with Amaraticando. SMA2 SMW small only Kaizo Mario World 3
Alyosha
He/Him
No worries : ) TAS is just a hobby after all so shouldn't be all consuming. Looks like Combatribes escapes yet again! That is a tough one to capture!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
- Who was that? - Elusive Joe. - Why "elusive"? - Because no one gives a shit about him.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Alyosha
He/Him
It's been a while since I could touch this list, but now, largely thanks to feos, I can cross off 1 player Battletoads! A lot of challenging runs lay ahead, but their number is slowly decreasing, 17 to go! But, losing all my working files has sapped my motivation a bit, so I think I will take a short break from this and work on something simpler. Also if anyone wants to work on one of the remaining runs I'm happy to team up!
Active player (434)
turtles in time got a really good skip lately,right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjOVuAWqIJ0 just wondering if this obsoletes the old one or not? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umSpT7pyOI i guess not,since the skip aint that big
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general
Alyosha
He/Him
^ yeah that game is known to have quite a few improvements found and should be easy to improve, it's just a matter of someone sitting down and doing it. I do hope someone takes an interest in it!
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
Sinister said McHazard was tasing it. But that's from a year ago. The main thing is that it should be done 1 player, because then you can skip a shitload of enemies, while using 2 players lets you skip none. And to make that warp glitch work, the second turtle needs to be spawned, and then killed.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Alyosha
He/Him
Metal Storm is published so that means 16 to go! These runs are getting grueling, and the longest ones still remain. Not sure which one I will focus on next, maybe it's time to give double dragon another look (again.)
Alyosha
He/Him
The last run published in 2004 is finally obsoleted now that Combatribes is done, hurray! Things are going slowly, but now only 15 to go! I'm not sure what to focus on next, let's see where my next random motivation spike comes from!
Active player (432)
If you can improve either [419] SNES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (USA) by nitsuja in 18:55.0 or [485] NES Double Dragon (USA) by Phil in 08:57.47, then hot damn!
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Alyosha
He/Him
Finally got Double Dragon down! Only 14 left, I might yet get down to 10 this year afterall! But now I think I'll take a bit of a break and work on some other things now that 1.11.7 is out. I'll probably work on the other battletoads run and that prince of persia run next.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
I assume the SNES Prince of Persia run. My WIP is posted on Prince of Persia topic. In the previous post, I found a new speedrun of this game posted on NicoNico.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Alyosha
He/Him
Oh cool glad you are taking that run up. I got too distracted to look into it seriously. Good luck ( and with exams too )
Alyosha
He/Him
Well it's been almost 3 months since I could remove a game from this list, but now with a huge thanks to Challenger I can finally remove Prince of Persia, alright! It looks like I won't be reaching my goal of having this list down to 10 by year end, but 13 is not too bad. Hopefully I'll find the motivation to pick up Battletoads again soon or maybe Ninja Turtles.
Alyosha
He/Him
Thanks to the efforts of Meerkov another game gets crossed off the list, Cobra Traingle! I never expected such a big improvement to this game, so nice work there. 12 left!
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Hey Hey! We reached to 1/3 of 36 runs left of this project! Sometime in the future I'd like to take a look (and research) at Cadash (Both Genesis and PCE versions). PCE version has some nice skips (and a much faster character that isn't present on Genesis version), but I don't know if Genesis version can be obsolete by a different version of this game. EDIT: Genesis version is much better for me. EDIT 2: Found some new improvements and I'll intend to TAS on November or December 2017.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Active player (251)
The real question is who is going to take Star Ocean, because that will be a massive undertaking. JRPG shenanigans, with no established speedrun route or RNG manipulations that I know of.
Patashu
He/Him
When it comes time to obsolete Secrets of Evemore 100%, you should talk to TheAngryPanda - author of the current any% TAS, and they've figured out routes for various 100%-like categories (including all bosses) that would be suitable replacements for this old TAS.
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
negative_seven
She/Her
Active player (354)
This should have been posted a long, long, LONG time ago, but at least better late than never. Mudkip and I won't be finishing the Street Fighter 2010 run. There wasn't really much progress at all - for posterity, here's the movie file: link. Many apologies to anyone who wanted to take on the work during this time and/or was anticipating the finished result.
Alyosha
He/Him
Star Tropics 2 is done! I also removed Street Fighter 2010 while I was at it and updated the list of people working on stuff to my knowledge. 10 to go!
Experienced player (630)
Cadash is dead
Here, my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dekutony
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1637)
Kurabupengin wrote:
Cadash is dead
As well as genesis console, in the list! And Alyosha, since StarTropics 2 and Street Fighter 2010 were obsoleted before, Battletoads 2p warpless is currently the only remaining NES run in the list. The remaining (not including the only GBA run) are a bunch of SNES runs.
Arc
Editor, Experienced player (768)
These are the 11 remaining active runs that were submitted before 500M (#987) and later published in the Vault. (Credits: jlun2 & Challenger) (Submitted at: 2004-08-02) #242: Phil's SNES Lethal Enforcers in 37:28.67 (Submitted at: 2004-11-02) #399: Dan_'s NES Adventures of Tom Sawyer in 10:09.00 (Submitted at: 2005-06-05) #698: MattyXB's GB Catrap in 59:21.57 (Submitted at: 2005-06-25) #726: Acmlm's NES Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf in 08:26.00 (Submitted at: 2005-07-01) #733: MattyXB's GB Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World in 39:14.17 (Submitted at: 2005-07-07) #742: quietkane's SNES Claymates in 15:21.92 (Submitted at: 2005-07-19) #756: JXQ's NES Skate Or Die 2 in 10:28.37 (Submitted at: 2005-10-27) #863: Aqfaq's Genesis Rolo to the Rescue in 09:04.55 (Submitted at: 2005-11-14) #881: tool23's NES Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom in 37:23.28 (Submitted at: 2006-01-29) #964: Hiryuu's SNES Ranma ½: Chougi Ranbu Hen in 11:10.30 (Submitted at: 2006-02-08) #975: tool23's GB Cosmo Tank in 24:22.63 Think of them as sidequests that are required to 100% the First 500 project.