1 2 3 4
16 17
Patashu
He/Him
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
I found a new TAS of this game: Link to video Includes several minor improvements in most of the levels + a bigger improvement on Level 17. EDIT: Author: mintlody.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
New WIP: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/34175322774678129 Levels 1-8 finished! 57 frames ahead of Odongdong's last WIP and due of emulation differences, 124 frames longer, despite with new improvements included. Improvements found on a new speedrun (NicoNico video) is used in this WIP. In 1 month, I will have a very important school exam and this run will be stopped for a while until I make these exams. After this, I return this project!
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
I'm returning! WIP 2: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/34882273133007177 Levels 9-12 finished! More improvements found on same NicoNico video! 276 frames slower due of emulation differences.
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3522)
Nice work! You're making good progress on this, keep it up! Just like PoP 2 this run really needs the update just by virtue of emulation advancements that have happened since 2005. Hope you stay motivated to make it to the end!
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
WIP 3: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/34920433105322034 Levels 13 and 14 finished! Due of emulation differences, the first guard of Stage 13 and the third guard of Stage 14 attacks a little earlier than snes9x. Because of this, 4 frames is sacrified to manupulate both guards, respectively. Small optimization to force Jaffar's appearance a little earlier on Level 13 (2 frames! Not present on NicoNico Video). Level 14 Notable Improvements: - Improved second guard without taking the sword twice! (Totally NEW Improvement! Not present on NicoNico Video!) 15 frames! - Thanks for a little manipulation before reaching the third guard, I strike this guard much faster than before! (NEW Improvement! Not present on NicoNico Video!) - I found on that video, a way to active exit door switch without opening the gate that leads to that exit switch! A lot of time saved! And this Bizhawk TAS is finally faster than snes9x's old TAS thanks for this skip! Yet due to emulation differences, it's 141 frames faster ahead of published TAS!
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
Challenger wrote:
And this Bizhawk TAS is finally faster than snes9x's old TAS thanks for this skip! Yet due to emulation differences, it's 141 frames faster ahead of published TAS!
You have to multiply the number of frames of each movie by the number of bugs in the emulator, so TASes on Bizhawk win easily every time. ;)
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
WIP 4: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/34944805768101696 Levels 15-17 finished! Found on NicoNico Video, new little optmizations, 2 new guard skips, faster warp potion, and a boss skip on Level 17! On Bizhawk movie, 1620 frames ahead of published run!
creaothceann wrote:
You have to multiply the number of frames of each movie by the number of bugs in the emulator, so TASes on Bizhawk win easily every time. ;)
This 141 frames is not the actual time improved, due of extra loading time on Bizhawk. When I complete the TAS, I will make the calculations for each improved stage! I estimate that the improved gameplay time of this game, has been approximately 14-16 seconds! Now with the new WIP, I believe it has improved approximately 38 seconds!
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3522)
Wow this is rapid progress, really nice work!. How much faster are you right now compared to the nico video for comparison?
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Alyosha wrote:
Wow this is rapid progress, really nice work!. How much faster are you right now compared to the nico video for comparison?
I don't know to explain to you properly, because that speedrun, no doubt, was done in Snes9x, and the amount of extra load time on Bizhawk put everything difficult. But I believe that my WIP is about almost 4 seconds ahead of Nico Nico, because of new my strategies: - Level 5: New mirror strategy (Pausing the game until finishes this fanfare to avoid losing movement). 35 frames. - Level 13: Faster Jaffar's Appearance. 2 frames. - Level 14: Improved 2nd and 3rd guards. 15 frames each! - Level 15: Improved 2nd guard (in the second visit). 15 frames! - Level 17: Faster way to skip Level 17 Boss: Taking damage 2 times instead of 3 times (In Nico Nico's Video, 1 damage, 2 damage and 1 damage respectively). In my WIP, 3 damage and 1 damage! 151 frames! I'don't know to explain techinicaly how to perform this bug, but I performed using that video! Also, you need to lose the last energy on a specific point to reach this exit, this is a only way to skip this boss! When I complete the TAS, I will make the calculations for each improved stage, both real time and in-game time (Including the Last Level)!
Active player (266)
I'm too late here, but I'm still going to say, you're doing magnificent work. Given how limited the player movement is in this game, those new skips you dug up are completely amazing, especially the unexpected enemies skips. Thank you for finally bringing new version of SNES Prince of Persia speedrun to the light.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Odongdong wrote:
I'm too late here, but I'm still going to say, you're doing magnificent work. Given how limited the player movement is in this game, those new skips you dug up are completely amazing, including good uses of pause abusing. Thank you for finally bringing new version of SNES Prince of Persia speedrun to the light.
I thanks you for your WIP, it helped me in this first 7 levels! I credited you as a co-author for this! When I found that pause, I decided to start from scratch instead of continuing your WIP to implement new optimizations found on NicoNico Video and improve this game both in-game time as well as real time stages! The first real time optimization was on the 3rd guard of Stage 2!
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
This TAS is finally finished! Here: http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/34984700671356946 Some new improvements! Bad news: During this battle of that unavoidable guard on Level 19 (The first of 5 bosses of Throne Room), I tried to use this same strategy on Bizhawk, but didn't work and I used a different stategy to defeat this guard, losing frames! WARNING: Input ends 167 frames later than normally because of use of pause button (select button) to get 00:01 in-game time instead of 00:04 on Level 20! Since my TAS aims in-game time, as well as real time. Normally, it's not possible to see that clear time of Level 20, but after finishing the credits, it's possible to return to menu. In menu, go to Best Time, and it's possible to see each time of this stages, including of Level 20!
Active player (266)
I took time to review your run again. Around frame 5650 in stage 2, I see you made a jump during the screen transition, not after the transition as I think I did. I thought it's generally slower to jump during the black screen, was there any particular reason to do that way? Also, does in-game time stop whenever you pause on cutscenes (level ends, boss appearances, etc.)? I didn't realize that while I was working on it. Finally, the video Patashu showed reminds me that someone posted a wrong warp glitch here a while ago. I believe that it was dated around 2010 and posted on this SNES section but I can't find that thread for some reasons. I'll check my hard drive if I saved that run.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Odongdong wrote:
I took time to review your run again. Around frame 5650 in stage 2, I see you made a jump during the screen transition, not after the transition as I think I did. I thought it's generally slower to jump during the black screen, was there any particular reason to do that way? Also, does in-game time stop whenever you pause on cutscenes (level ends, boss appearances, etc.)? I didn't realize that while I was working on it.
To tell the truth, while I compared my TAS with the published run, I noticed some mistakes on Stage 2, including that my strategy (I lost 4 frames). Although I will see if I can fix it, I have yet to learn how to edit input using TAStudio. Pausing on level ends and boss appearances saves 3-4 in-game seconds (approximately). In jaffar's appearances, more in-game seconds is saved. It's not possible to save time on Jaffar's cutscene on stage 13, but on Jaffar's cutscene of stage 20, I saved 2 frames pausing.
Just wanted to say that I'm very much looking forward to your submission, Challenger. Great work!
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Well, I submitted that run exactly a year ago. So, for the 1-year completion, I TASed the training levels: Input file (BizHawk 2.2.1): http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/43317524009703471 Encode: Link to video EDIT 03/12: Encode replaced. Now with much better quality. I don't intend to submit this mode because unlike the 'normal game', there are not much action to see (only optimizations). Also, the X minutes left doesn't exist on this mode. EDIT 01/04/2018: Changed my mind (1st april)
Judge, Skilled player (1288)
It looks like this game doesn't have a SRAM at all. So the cheat glitch is achieved thanks to some corrupted memory persisting after soft-reset... However, is that even possible or is due to an emulation bug? Can it be reproduced on real console? Edit: I've enabled the cheat by using normal means, then I've soft-resetted the console and the cheat remained enabled. This means that the game is supposed to remember this after soft-reset, like any other setting. Still, I need to comfirm that triggering the glitch itself is possible on real console... It would be awesome if anyone could give some help. Edit 2: I also need help with the level 8 warp. I found this video: Link to video I still couldn't reproduce it... Any help is highly appreciated. Edit 3: I just figured that the game version used in the video above could be any of the existing ones (Japan, USA, Europe)... Is there a way to figure out which one was used? Edit 4: According to NK, the warp glitch can be triggered only in the Japan version. Since taking advantage of this trick is hard due to the corrupted graphics of the player, I'm planning to make a lua script that helps in being able to see the real player's sprite. Edit 5: Huge thanks to MESHUGGAH for reproducing the glitch. He did it with the USA version. User movie #49105814211840580 Now I'll keep my promise and write a lua script...
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
A few notes about warping: * X and Y button usually ruins this glitch * Most of the times you are going to crash the gameplay (only audio plays) * Stage 0 looks like one of the rooms in the lower area of Stage 1 near the skeleton room. A bridge with no objects. Stage 0 warping also fills in the best time's table with random values (even breaks it minimally) * Stage 7 and Stage 8 is the most often warps * All 3 releases able to warp to "reset" (jpn: pegasus intro, eu/snes: konami intro) with the glitched state remaining * In the japanese release, I had no success with warping anything other than intro. * I believe warping after warping to stage 0 will make you instadie as soon as you start the game, leaving you in an unwinnable state edit: * warping mostly depends on the action how you leave the room. Stage 0: "hang" down from the platform. 1st room: go to the edge, face to left side, press down button or L/R. sometimes possible with falling down from standing position with down button. Crash: using B near the end of the platform. black screen with forever lag frames Stage 7: dunno exact steps Stage 8: dunno exact steps edit2: warping with the side effect of no time left usually comes with the abilty to walk through walls (for example I can go stage 8 right side and open the locked door after walking through it)
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
So, I've made a movie where both the kill glitch and the level 8 warp are used. You can get it here: User movie #49108846136019758 Edit: note that I didn't set the "kill" command because there is actually no need... It works by pressing X anyway. Also note that killing the enemy as soon as possible saved 4 frames. I'm concerned if the level 8 warp could make the rest of the game slower due to the corruption (or even freeze completely at some point). I also wonder if it would be possible to sacrifice a dozen of frames in order to make the sprite corruption the same as MESHUGGAH did, since in my movie turned out in total garbage.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Nice work with the glitch, guys! I watched the MESHUGGAH's movie file and for some reason, the timer (aka X minutes left), is over and you can't save princess on the last level (and no jaffar battle). But I was playing ThunderAxe's movie, and the timer still works, but the graphics...even more glitched to see where are the player. Thank goodness after beating level 8, the game "fixes" the graphics partially. But the solution to fixes completely without losing progress is soft resetting after beating level 8, since a new password will replaces the password of stage 1 on the continue from the title screen (which keeps even with soft reset). EDIT: Forgot to mention that the "kill mode" has also activated (this time is that kill cheat which only works with X button) - ThunderAxe's movie.
Hi Challenger, do you have any interest in joining the making of the new run? By the way, have here a warp to level 7, just for RAM comparison: User movie #49109953462398935 Edit: Managed to warp to level 0 without dying instantly. Can't move, but can use menu: User movie #49110514946507157 Also managed to warp to level 0 and glitch so hard that BizHawk changed resolution: User movie #49110545345204233
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
Hi Challenger, do you have any interest in joining the making of the new run? By the way, have here a warp to level 7, just for RAM comparison: Movie #49109953462398935
Would be nice, but unfortunately I'm currently TASing 2 games, and running out of time (due to some real life things to solve, like study) - after the 2 games, I'll stop TASing for some months. But...I could try to verify some of new progress if possible (also this game lags so much that a RAM watch is necessary to see when a lag occurs).
Challenger wrote:
But...I could try to verify some of new progress if possible (also this game lags so much that a RAM watch is necessary to see when a lag occurs).
Yes please, that would still be great. Can you please provide the addresses? There is a lua function that flags a frame as lagged.
1 2 3 4
16 17