(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
- Genre: Platform
Rescues all puppies with vast alacrity.
I had horrible desync issues when I played this back! But I finally fixed them.

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: This is an extremely plain game, however it features enough room for optimization in order to warrant a publication. This could be done mainly by jumping as often as possible while moving, since it makes the player slightly faster. I estimate that this trick would save from 10% to 15% of the time, that is at least half minute over this run. While the difference would not be noticeable while watching the movie, it would be an unacceptable flaw since it has an impact on the final time, while on the other hand there are almost no other means to speed up the gameplay. Read here for more information.
For this reason, rejecting for suboptimiality.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
GJTASer2018
He/Him
Umm... I think we need some more information about what's going on here (whether walking really is faster than jumping, what is meant by "horrible desync issues", etc.) before anyone can make a good judgement about this one.
c-square wrote:
Yes, standard runs are needed and very appreciated here too
Dylon Stejakoski wrote:
Me and the boys starting over our games of choice for the infinityieth time in a row because of just-found optimizations
^ Why I don't have any submissions despite being on the forums for years now...
Judge, Skilled player (1278)
GJTASer2018 wrote:
whether walking really is faster than jumping
Turns out that jumping is faster. During each jump, the horizontal speed doubles for 4 frames in total. While this can't be caught by naked eye, it does save about 15% of the time during walking. Since the game uses many different addresses for the X and Y position of the player, I've decided to write a quick lua script that automatically tracks the addresses and shows them on screen: User movie #46843624007839304 With some tweaks, the same code could be used for other games that feature the same problem. Additionally, I want to point out a couple of other improvements, however there would save an extremely little amount of time compared to the one I just mentioned above. I want to point out a little trick I've found: during level 4-2, these is a place where you can skip jumping on a branch, if you use the correct timing and keeping the jumping button for the maximum height. (the submitted run does jump on the branch on the left first.) Also, I want to note that a very small amount of frames could be saved by jumping at the end of the slopes, since these make your speed a little slower at the end.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... crunchy!
Active player (434)
I hope Jigwally redoes this, it's so short and the improvements will be easily implemented.
TAS i'm interested: megaman series: mmbn1 all chips, mmx3 any% psx glitched fighting games with speed goals in general