(Link to video)
Sorry to alex_ik for we have finished this TAS before his TAS published . This movie improves alex_ik's movie by 320 frames .

Level by level comments:

Level 1(by Mars608)
Using MESHUGGAH's way save 5 frames . Thanks to him .
Level 2(by Mars608, aiqiyou, zyr2288)
Remove all the lags in the fourth room , better use of S gun , faster boss fight , 24frames saved .
Level 3(by Mars608)
Change the route a little . Do more jump glitches . Lowing down some jumps by pressing left or right . Get S and R for 2P . Get B and use it to kill a claw of the boss , for fun . Faster boss fight . 134 frames saved .
There is a framerule in Lv3 boss and Lv5 boss , in one framerule the boss will appear at the same frame .
Level 4(by aiqiyou)
zyr2288 suggested using double S in this stage . aiqiyou made full use of double S . It's really hard to control it. 100 frames saved .
Level 5(by aiqiyou)
Let 2P die before the tank and use invulnerability time go throuth the tank , 2P cost last life before the second tank and keep game over to stage 6 . Because in double mode , P1 x pos is 168 . But 128 in single mode . So 1P can meet boss 40 frames earlier . 34 frames saved . fcxiaopengyou helped to test the route .
Level 6(by aiqiyou)
2p appears after boss appears and die before boss dies . 12 frames saved .
Level 7(by aiqiyou)
The same as level 6 . 10 frames saved .
Level 8(by aiqiyou)
2P get S in this stage and keep alive . 1 frame saved .

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Accepting to Moons as an improvement to the previous run.
Dacicus: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Hmm... So much for having a Newbie's first publication on the site.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Challenger
He/Him
Skilled player (1638)
Pretty impressive improvement! I never expected that this game could be improved for over 5 seconds. Yes vote.
My homepage --Currently not much motived for TASing as before...-- But I'm still working.
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Spikestuff wrote:
If you refer to the submission text, I think it's a nice gesture: - this submission was done independently from alex_ik's one - alex_ik's movie was about to be published but got on waiting (edit: feos judged it, than I showed my old improvement. feos compared it and checked that it can't be resynced. Now this movie got submitted which is even more faster and includes my improvement and will probably: be accepted while alex_ik's movie judgement to be changed to rejected for being slower) - authors express their feelings about this, making sure this wasn't planned beforehand or anything similar.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Expert player (2453)
Making a comparison version right now. Edit: Comparison video: Link to video This is great improvement. Considering that Contra is one of the most popular games in China (probably next to Super Mario Bros.), this is really significant. I suggested Mars608 to wait for alex_ik's run gets published, but apparently the authors can't wait. I still have no objection with alex_ik's run being published first, since it's already "publication underway", and alex_ik's run is good that probably deserves a publication.
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
HappyLee wrote:
I still have no objection with alex_ik's run being published first, since it's already "publication underway", and alex_ik's run is good that probably deserves a publication.
I completely agree with this.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
AIVV73
He/Him
Player (76)
nice tas
My name is AIVV, I'm an artist, I'm a tas artist. I'm hired to people to fulfill their fantasies, their deep dark fantasies.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Publishing a run that's already been properly obsoleted by a new submission, and claiming "that's the current Contra TAS record", doesn't feel perfectly right either.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
feos wrote:
Publishing a run that's already been properly obsoleted by a new submission, and claiming "that's the current Contra TAS record", doesn't feel perfectly right either.
Not only does it not feel right, it's a blatant violation of the requirement that publications must beat existing records. If the site publishes a movie knowing that a faster movie already exists (and is on the submission queue), it's violating its own rule. It's unfortunate whenever this happens to an already-accepted submission, but this is not the first time it has happened. No movie is confirmed for publication until it has reached the movie publication list. Accepted movies can still be rejected in light of new evidence.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
This situation has also occurred in the past where the movie that become obsolete sitting ready for Publication was Rejected due to the improvement that showed up on the Submission bench. (At least twice to my current knowledge, but I can only track down one example of it... should make a page dedicated to this.) Edit: And now that has been unfortunately done to alex_ik's submission.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Editor, Skilled player (1404)
Oh, I didn't see this coming one bit. Yes vote.
Experienced player (820)
feos wrote:
Publish it and obsolete it after our run published seems a good way. zyr2288's run has not been obsoleted now means alex's run shouldn't be obsoleted before our run published.
aiqiyou
He/Him
Skilled player (1782)
MESHUGGAH wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
- authors express their feelings about this, making sure this wasn't planned beforehand or anything similar.
Really sorry for alex. February 4 is the Chinese New Year, we have a week's legal holiday. So we finished this TAS in this vacation. We didn't realize that this would affect his TAS published.
XYZ
Former player
This 1,5 players run is out of yes/no vote.
Zakatos
He/Him
This is superb. Going up in Level 3 was pure genious, and I'd never ever think on seeing a boss fight while still invincible. The invincible hits at the spiked walls on Hangar were also sweet. And this "semi-2p mode" is really something worth attention. Clear yes vote.
The eyes of a machine are wonderful, but there's nothing like the the eyes of the heart – Old Cid, Cybercop
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1888)
Solid yes vote.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Post subject: I voted yes
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Wow! This movie blew me away. Haven't been this impressed with a TAS in quite some time. The precision usage of the S weapon was particularly beautiful to watch
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
aiqiyou
He/Him
Skilled player (1782)
Removed myself of the authors.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
aiqiyou wrote:
But what's the reason?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Personman
Other
Since we keep obsolete publication pages around, and frequently refer to them as valuable history, it seems really weird that the previous run won't get one just because publication was slow. I understand that this is how site policy currently is, but I think it's worth considering a policy change that allows for creating a publication page that is already marked obsolete at the time of creation. This would create a more accurate record of the history of the run for future historians, and would also give the obsoleted runner the credit & respect they deserve for their efforts.
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
feos wrote:
aiqiyou wrote:
But what's the reason?
It’s also confusing since the submission text says aiqiyou did these stages. It would be nice to get an explanation to this.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Experienced player (820)
Add aiqiyou back and remove him from extra edit privileges.
DrD2k9
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (2057)
Personman wrote:
Since we keep obsolete publication pages around, and frequently refer to them as valuable history, it seems really weird that the previous run won't get one just because publication was slow. I understand that this is how site policy currently is, but I think it's worth considering a policy change that allows for creating a publication page that is already marked obsolete at the time of creation. This would create a more accurate record of the history of the run for future historians, and would also give the obsoleted runner the credit & respect they deserve for their efforts.
I second this proposal. While it didn't necessarily happen due to publication effort being slow, the previous run was unfortunately un-accepted and retroactively rejected simply due to the arrival of this current submission on the workbench. The authors of the previous run (that was otherwise accepted and would have been published) deserve credit for beating the previously published run. At minimum they deserve to be listed in the historical line of the game's runs. If the previous run had not yet been accepted, I would have no problem with it being rejected due to the arrival of the current submission on the workbench. However, that wasn't sequence of events. Because it had already been accepted, I believe it deserves its publication. While it is one more game's worth of publication labor for a publisher, I see no harm to the site in publishing the previously accepted run as already obsoleted and honoring it's place in the historical sequence of the game. To put it simply: the arrival of a new run on the workbench should always be able to cause rejection of a slower run of the same game that is currently awaiting judgement. It should, however, never be able to cause un-acceptance of an already accepted run. Once a run is accepted to obsolete the current publication (or as a new game), it should be honored for its place in the history of the game/site. The run that is awaiting publication should be considered 'as good as published' from an obsoleting standpoint. It should be considered as having earned its publication regardless of whether or not it has actually been published yet; or whether or not a new faster run happens to show up on the workbench.
aiqiyou
He/Him
Skilled player (1782)
aiqiyou wrote:
MESHUGGAH wrote:
Spikestuff wrote:
- authors express their feelings about this, making sure this wasn't planned beforehand or anything similar.
Really sorry for alex. February 4 is the Chinese New Year, we have a week's legal holiday. So we finished this TAS in this vacation. We didn't realize that this would affect his TAS published.
I'm sorry I was so eager to finish this tas. Because I knew that after this statutory holiday, I will have no time to devote to production. So I finished the production independently from the other three partners during the vacation. That also caused alex's TAS can't be published. What's more, after our TAS submitted, somebody pointed out some problems and improvements. They think it is inappropriate for us to submit it it so early. At TASV, I'm just a novice. I never thought how good TAS I could make. When I finished the make of stage4, I was surprised myself. As for whether the authors have my name or not, I won't care anymore. I just want to end some endless arguments. I tried my best, if anybody want to perfect this TAS, I will say nothing.
Judge, Skilled player (1288)
DrD2k9 wrote:
While it didn't necessarily happen due to publication effort being slow, the previous run was unfortunately un-accepted and retroactively rejected simply due to the arrival of this current submission on the workbench.
Until a submission gets officially published, its judgment decision can be revised if we find out late that the judgment can be improved, be it a judgement mistake, a change of the Movie Rules, or a fortuity event that couldn't be foreseen like in this case. When we're still in time for making adjustments to a judgment, there is no reason to not do. Otherwise that would mean that we shouldn't try to fix anything just for the sake of not giving false hope to the submitters. I see that it could be a disappointing occurrence, but it's not like we're giving a different treatment to anyone or applying a double standard. I also have to note that it's in the site policy to reduce publications to the strictly necessary. This is important for keeping the overall quality of the site contents as high as possible.
aiqiyou wrote:
I'm sorry I was so eager to finish this tas. Because I knew that after this statutory holiday, I will have no time to devote to production. So I finished the production independently from the other three partners during the vacation. That also caused alex's TAS can't be published. What's more, after our TAS submitted, somebody pointed out some problems and improvements. They think it is inappropriate for us to submit it it so early. At TASV, I'm just a novice. I never thought how good TAS I could make. When I finished the make of stage4, I was surprised myself. As for whether the authors have my name or not, I won't care anymore. I just want to end some endless arguments. I tried my best, if anybody want to perfect this TAS, I will say nothing.
Please don't mortify yourself, as there is absolutely no need to remove yourself from the authors list just because of an unfortunate event that you couldn't foresee. Also, you're not even the one who caused it, as this movie was not submitted by you.
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"