Submission Text Full Submission Page

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Mame-RR 0.139-v0.1 beta
  • Difficulty: Hardest
  • Player: 2

Problem File

Not Found Moomesa, rename file Moo.

Comments

Moo Montana and Buffalo was TAS, wait.. Why doesn't falling damage, because Falling no damage with Started.

Stage by Select Stage Random

Sheriff Terrorbull

Shooting to near a Follow Sheriff Terrorbull.

Five Card Cud

Shooting to near a Follow Five Card Cud, but shooting broke the card.

Boothhill Buzzard

Shooting to near a Follow Boothhill Buzzard, But boothhill attack is failed by Player jumping.

Giant Snake & Sid Arachnid

Giant Snake) Standing duck shooting to snake.
Sid Arachnid) Shooting

Wagon Train

Shooting destroy the Train on Follow Near on Train.

Balloon & Saddle Sore

Balloon) Shooting the Plane
Saddle Sore) Stand step on Hand Monster and Shooting the Saddle Sore.

Masked Bull

Who is a Mask??? It's time to shooting follow near on Mask!!

Other comments

This is shooting with gun, because follow with near look's like Touhou shooting. There is a flying cow with Pacifist Eagle.

feos: This movie is similar to #6260: Pepper-Color's Arcade Mystic Warriors: Wrath of the Ninjas "Yuri" in 24:13.28 in a lot of ways. The screen scrolls at constant speed if you're not extraordinary slow, there are also explicit autoscroller levels, and then there are bosses that you need to shoot (mostly).
During levels, this movie is not extraordinary slow, so the screen just keeps scrolling, however there is still lack of precision in whatever needs to be done. I haven't noticed much lag, unlike in Mystic Warriors (MAME-RR can't detect lag automatically), probably because enemies don't run at you in endless hordes in this game. But still managing enemies looks pretty much like decently skilled unassisted play rather than a TAS.
Like in the Mystic Warriors submission, there's no explanation why these characters were used, how characters differ, or why only 2 out of 4 were used.
But the biggest problem with this movie is boss fights. Every boss fight has tons of missed shots and imprecise positioning. While the levels just look lazy, boss fights completely destroy any impression of superplay. It looks so sloppy that I won't even try to improve this. I am sure it's just as low-effort as #6260: Pepper-Color's Arcade Mystic Warriors: Wrath of the Ninjas "Yuri" in 24:13.28 that I rejected after trying to TAS it myself and easily saving a few hundred frames.on a 1 minute segment. The post by Spikestuff points out everything that looks wrong with this run, none of the points were duly explained or addressed by the author, and I can say that a TAS that's worth publishing shouldn't have that many visible problems.
Rejecting for sub-optimality.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Post subject: Turnaround time of a Week.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2283)
Let's see what I can copy and paste from your Mystic Warriors TAS that still need to be addressed. Adjusting the Sound Volume from 30 to 60 is really unnecessary. You've tampered with a setting called "Loop Setting" now should we address how this should be like Ghosts 'n Goblins and focus on a loop TAS instead of cutting half the TAS? You're using 2 of the 4 characters in a 4 player game. I've heard about why from someone familiar with the emulator but it's worth asking you why you didn't? Also have to ask the question. What are the character differences? At the character selection you've done an unnecessary character switch for the same two characters, it's only due to being the order of selection. Man it would be nice to see you gun down all the enemies instead of taking a stroll through them, that's a bit of a let down not killing everyone on sight. You show that you can shoot upwards. Why aren't you in the appropriate positioning to shoot upwards instead of wasting time not shooting? - In fact, you showed off a better method directly after it and you didn't use it the first time round? You're wasting shots again like your Mystic Warriors TAS. Killing the enemies in the Mine section of the game, wouldn't it help with Lag Management? You're wasting, missing and not position correctly for your shots for this mechanism in the mines. Good work with the second boss, sticking it to him. Are you creating lag in the opening half of the third stage? Seriously I want to know the answer to this. That ghostly green thing, I see that you're missing your shots with one of the players. Third boss. You're missing shots as it's your position that's passed the bird creature. Did your dynamite miss the boss? The snake creature looks like it could've been managed better on positioning, especially when some of your shots are missing. You knock out the two bulls after the snake when going to the door you have to shoot open, wasting two shots. Was that necessary? Boss, better positioning yet again would've been ideal. The boss jumps up. If you placed yourself in the center and shot diagonally wouldn't that have been better? - You're hanging to the right instead of the center since the boss jumps between sides, like generally curious about this. Oh we had the perfect opportunity to have Moo on top and Buffalo on bottom (or vice versa) shooting enemies. I'm curious if it's possible to avoid using the TNT to clear your path, since lag and all. How'd you miss a shot on an autoscroller boss? (3rd phase) Opening 4th Phase. You had 2 parts to shoot, and you focused on one. Wouldn't it have been better to knock out both parts simultaneously? 5th Phase only one of your early shots hit the Smoke Stack. This could've been managed better. I'm questioning positioning again on this one here too, wouldn't it have been smarter to aim further back or to split up or to take damage? Is the dynamite useful at all on this boss? Question on the movement with the Eagles. You can jump with them. Is it possible that they can move to your higher position at all or is it a you return to them? Also it appears that it's faster to move horizontally doing this rather than hanging on. So an extended question. Can you shoot with the bird or only do a backflip kick? You're missing shots on this hot air balloon boss due to positioning of one of your players. Did that stun do absolutely nothing? You could've done a quick drive-by shot when moving to the other claw hand. You're overshooting before Phase 2 even started. You're moving into range of the boss' attack then realizing it's a bad idea and moved out wasting shots in the process. What? Phase 3 of the boss, you've entered the range of the boss' claw attack and moved out of the way wasting any damage progress. Does the boss have an unlimited reach and you were just shortening it or was it poor positioning? After that claw attack, you didn't walk up into the face of the boss compared to all the other bosses to attempt possibly a quicker kill. Why is that? You enter the next stage with no dynamite equipped even though it was on you in the last stage, and the one before that. Was it really that useless? Also is this another case where you could've avoided a bit of slowdown from the game if you didn't knock over those barrels in the opening half of the stage? Why did you waste both the stun and the dynamite in the building instead of shooting the enemies? Do they take a few too many shots to mow down? The TNT stack in this section doesn't seem to generate lag compared to the one in an earlier stage. Couldn't you aim upwards at those Red Bulls (and later Orange) before they met you face to face or is that just not a thing? At the Door, it says to shoot at a point. You're jumping. You have both the ability to shoot upwards and diagonally so you're creating downtime. What's up with that? - In fact you do exactly that at the second door. If you had your dynamite on you at the final boss you could've ended your input sooner if it was a waste to use it earlier. You're also whiffing shots on the final boss. I quickly want to question the turnaround time of this TAS: Using a video you have on your YouTube it can be estimated that this was done between 3 days to a week (your last submission). Please, take your time doing these TASes. Don't rush them. ----- If you're down here needing a TL;DR for all that because Jesus Christ it's longer than my Mystic Warriors one I'll give one (well except for the first 5 lines since well they're important but it's already there, nor the last 2). - You're not in position for some of the bosses to get a better shot. In fact some of your shots are outright missing. - There are questionable movements you placed in which is more questionable when you did the same thing better later. - How do you move on an Eagle? Can you move faster by jumping of it and going left/right or up/down and be at that other position and not the anchor point. - Can you shoot when you're in the Air not attached to the Eagle at all? - It looks like you're creating unnecessary lag at certain points. Is it possible to have Lag Management? If you need someone to translate all this, or just the TL;DR. Ask. We might be able to find someone who would be able to translate to your preferred language.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Pepper-Color
They/Them
Player (135)
wow, That's true.
Post subject: Added some links
Mihoru, please be very careful and pay close attention to what Spikestuff is telling you, and to what judges have told you before now. You've already got a run published on the site, so we know you're capable of making runs which meet our well-published standards. I'd really like to see you improve your TASing skills and get more of your runs published in the future, but right now you're in danger of having your submission privileges revoked. Please don't be disheartened though. As Spikestuff said, if English isn't your preferred language we might be able to find someone who can help translate the rules and discussion for you. If you're having difficulty understanding or interpreting the rules, we can help with that too. You're welcome to ask as many questions as you want here. The community and staff are all really friendly and we're all here to help, but this requires communication from you as well.
I'm not as active as I once was, but I can be reached here if I should be needed.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom