Hello, I am new here, and thought for a first post, I would post something worthwhile :) I have worked in collaboration with Nach to create an Addon (Video Plugin) from the Site's content for Xbox Media Center. We finally phased out of beta phase and it is now ready for your consumption :) What is XBMC? XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, Windows, and the original Xbox. Created in 2003 by a group of like minded programmers, XBMC is a non-profit project run and developed by volunteers located around the world. More than 50 software developers have contributed to XBMC, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 30 languages. While XBMC functions very well as a standard media player application for your computer, it has been designed to be the perfect companion for your HTPC. Supporting an almost endless range of remote controls, and combined with its beautiful interface and powerful skinning engine, XBMC feels very natural to use from the couch and is the ideal solution for your home theater. Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback, so you can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available. Use your media as-is: XBMC can play CDs and DVDs directly from the disk or image file, almost all popular archive formats from your hard drive, and even files inside ZIP and RAR archives. It will even scan all of your media and automatically create a personalized library complete with box covers, descriptions, and fanart. There are playlist and slideshow functions, a weather forecast feature and many audio visualizations. Once installed, your computer will become a fully functional multimedia jukebox. For more information, visit http://www.xbmc.org Addon Description TAS Game Video Addon brings you the content of http://www.tasvideos.org straight to your Media Center. Addon Functionality - Latest Videos Shows the latest videos from the Site. - Notables Lets you view recommended, top rated and award winning TAS Videos. - Browsing By System You can select any System available containing TAS Videos and browse them. - Sorting The Addon allows you to sort in all content folders the following methods: -- Name -- Date -- Rating -- Genre -- Time (Duration) - Download You can just right click (Context Menu) any video and download it. - Technical Information The Addon uses its own caching system for both the feeds and the thumbnail images. Feeds can be refreshed from hourly to daily. Images are cached in the same manner, but allow for a monthly to yearly refresh. Both, Feeds and Images also allow for Never refreshing them. This is very useful for Images as they barely change at all. Screenshots Screenshots can be found on the official wiki Install Instructions Visit the official Wiki. Comments I have worked on this since a while in collaboration with HannaK/Nach. It is compatible with Windows and Linux. Any feedback is of course appreciated. With all that said, I wave my hand in greeting and say hello to all of you who put time and effort into making the videos (and to the others on the forum too!) that I enjoy watching while falling asleep or having lunch :) Thanks!
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Hey, thank you for making this XBMC plugin. I tested this out, and baring some polish needed it's rather nice. I was able to bring up various menus of games and launch a movie from the comfort of my own computer with a remote. I'm amazed at how well it works.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Player (116)
Awesome, when i get my xbox set up ill see how it works!
[19:16] <scrimpy> silly portuguese [19:16] <scrimpy> it's like spanish, only less cool
Senior Moderator
Looking swell, I'll be sure to check it out once I connect my Xbox to the web!
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
You don't need an XBox to use XBox Media Center. Runs just fine on Windows, or Linux, or OS X. http://xbmc.org/download/
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Senior Moderator
That's cool. I'll be sure to check it out once I connect my Xbox to the web. :D
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
I updated the first post to include the release information :) Enjoy
Emulator Coder
I must say I'm quite impressed, very nice. This turned out better than I imagined. Good work.
arflech
He/Him
Nach wrote:
baring some polish needed
Rzeczywiście potrzebuje Polski.
i imgur com/QiCaaH8 png
The addon is in the official repository of XBMC, so you can download it straight from there :) I also released version 1.0.1 that should be bugfree :) I updated the first post to reflect these changes, and new screenshots are available :D Enjoy!