Submission Text Full Submission Page
<Describe the movie briefly here (3 to 8 lines) (it is what RSS viewers will see)>

Game objectives

• Emulator used: <y479021776>
  • <speedrun>

Comments

<This is the first movie of Bubble Bobble 2 and this is speedrun movie.>

Stage by stage comments

<The game stages not easy>

<0:36:56>

Other comments

<Explain here things the audience would probably like to see> <Explain also things that could be improved in your movie> <You may also suggest screenshots.>

Baxter: As TASVideos's Mission Statement says, "Our runs are held to high standards". Not only does this mean that a TAS should have no apparent mistakes, but one should also try his very best to get something as close to perfect as possible. This TAS is filled with mistakes. 238 rerecords is not enough to optimize a 36 minute TAS. Please carefully read this page and the pages linked from there on how to make a TAS that could be acceptable for this site. Also make sure to post a work in progress on the forum to get some tips before you submit another movie. Rejecting this for being very improvable.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2846: y479021776's NES Bubble Bobble 2 "speedrun" in 36:55.80
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Welcome, y479021776. This is an ok choice of game to speedrun. However, this run is extremely unoptimized. For instance, in the first few stages, you rarely move towards the lower-left before the next stage starts, even though it's faster to be close to the bottom-left. I have to vote No on this. If you'd like to revise this run, you should aim for more precision. 238 rerecords is not enough to make a precise half-hour movie. Also, you may wish to see the site's original Bubble Bobble run for some other ideas. EDIT: The run also looks like you recorded this on full speed. Generally TAS movies here are recorded with frame advance.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
caitsith2
He/Him
Player (46)
Also have to vote no, for very much the same reasons. Stage does not end until all collectable items are collected, or disappear. Aim to be in the lower left, and definitely aim items to be there whenever possible. In the first bonus stage, keep the ball going for as long as possible. Each time you score, the timer stops, and that one seems to not end till timer reaches 0.
Skilled player (1705)
Isn't it redundant to label this as a "Speedrun" if "TAS" means Tool-Assisted Superplay/Speedrun? Unless of course, this was played in real time or something.
Sorry, I am not sure. I checked "No vote"
Player (136)
That's for sure a "no". This game should be played with two players with much better precision.
Personally, I've been wanting to see a TAS of this game for a long time. Unfortunately I just don't see it getting published in this state. 238 Rerecords is awfully low for a game like this. Revise it, there are a lot of things you can do to optimize this run.
Skilled player (1306)
Im going to have to vote no on this too. It just needs to be more optimized. Also, there are some serious problems with the submission text. The game is called "Bubble Bobble Part 2" not "Bubble Bobble 2". Also, it is kinda pointless to lable it speedrun.
Former player
Voted No. It lacks some serious optimization. That, and a 2nd player.
Post subject: Re: FVDTSUYOSA
FVDTSUYOSA wrote:
Sorry, I am not sure. I checked "No vote"
Whoa, wait a second. You're a lurker, you're not supposed to vote!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!