Rolanmen1's Megaman Zero "Warpless" TAS in 34:09.83
This is an improvement of my previous TAS, improved by 115 frames (1.91 Seconds). For those who are interested, the In-Game time at the end is 16:38
Aims
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Manipulates luck (not too much)
  • Warpless
  • Genre: Platform
About the game
This is the beginning of a new saga of Megaman, this time, the main character is The Maverick Hunter Zero, after being awakened form his hibernation to delete the Willy Virus, decided to help Ciel and his resistance fellows against Copy-X, a simple copy of The Maverick Hunter X. Copy-X accuses the resistance group of being Mavericks, thus, sending the X Guardians and their subordinates to delete them.
This game is very different than it's sequels (Megaman X6), introducing a Ranking System, Weapon Level System and Cyber-Elf System.
Ranking System: This new feature gives a detailled summary of Zero's doing at the end of each mission giving him points and a rank name. This points are calculated through: Mission Succes, Clear Time, Enemy Killed, Damage Taken, Retries Taken and Cyber-Elves used.
After summing all the points, the game itself calculates an avergae, then Zero get's a Rank and a Rank Name. This calculation is the summing of all the points Zero have gotten so far divided by the number of missions done. The Rank determines if most of the bosses will use their special move against Zero. This is avoided because they make Zero lose time.
Weapon Level System: Since Zero was asleep for a great quantity of years, he haven't fight all that time, wich is probably the reason this system was added, Zero can't use all the attacks he could do in the X Saga, thus getting a little buster that can't charge to it's maximun, he can't even combo with his Saber unless he practices, but, some new attacks were added, like the Charged Saber, such kind of attack was never showed in the X Saga. Zero also gets 2 new weapons maded by Cerveau (Resistance Engineer), those weapons are the Triple Rod and the Shield Boomerang.
The Triple Rod is a spear-like weapon, after leveling it, he manages to combo with it (somehow), and later to charge it, Zero can also Pogo-Jump with it, this move consist on using the rod to stab an enemy from above, allowing Zero to get some height. The Shield Boomerang is a shield weapon that can reflect normal bullets, after charging it, it acts like a Boomerang, it can cut and returns to Zero, after leveling it up, he can throw it more far than normal. Unfortunately, these weapons aren't used in this TAS.
Cyber-Elf System: Cyber-Elves are little beings that can be used/fused with it's owner, though, they dissapear after, these can be equipped using a Trans Server, also, some of them needs E-Crystals to be used, using Cyber-Elves decreases Zero's points, thus, decreasing his Rank.
About the run
This run doesn't cancel missions, wich means it's "warpless", so this TAS beats every stage 'till the end as fast as possible, this is the route used:
  • Intro Stage (Golem)
  • Disposal Center (Aztec Falcon)
  • Retrieve Data (Maha Ganeshariff)
  • Destroy Train (Train Engine Core)
  • Occupy Factory (Hydra Mechaniloid)
  • Protect Factory (Phantom)
  • Defend the Base (Heavy Mechaniloid)
  • Rescue Colbor (Harpuia)
  • Find Shuttle (Anubis Necromancess III)
  • Find Hidden Base (Blizzack Staggroff)
  • Duel in Desert (Fefnir)
  • Stop the Hacking (Leviathan)
  • Defend the Base (2) (Hanumachine)
  • Neo Arcadia Shrine (Herculious Anchortus)
  • Neo Arcadia Tower (Rainbow Devil)
  • Neo Arcadia Core (Copy-X)
Weapons
The only weapons used in the whole TAS are the Z-Saber and the Z-Buster, both were leveled up to get their charged attacks, also got the Air Rolling Slash for the Z-Saber wich is realy usefull for some bosses.
About manipulation
Manipulation in this game is about bullet shooting, each bullet you shoot makes enemy drops and bosses attack pattern to change, they change RNG as soon as they get out of screen or hit something, I also found a way to manipulate between bosses in the re-fights, normally you can't enter a door while Zero holds his Z-Buster, but I found a way to change that, you can shoot and then use the Saber to cancel the Buster animation, doing this you can enter a door without loosing frames, you can only shoot 2 bullets without loosing frames, but something is something.
Improvements
One of these are the optimal way to farm Saber EXP to get it before Heavy Mechaniloid, this required to calculate every points on my ranks to avoid being in Rank A (The Average is invisible for the player).
The other improvement is the new temple skip trick that klmz discovered, unfortunately, the other temples can't be skipped because the game won't be completed since the bosses would dissapear and a door is closed in Neo Arcadia Core, blocking you from getting to Copy-X.
Other comments
Thanks to a lot of people ;).

GabCM: Added YouTube module.

mmbossman: A small improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. Accepting for publication.
Aktan: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2847: Rolanmen1's GBA Mega Man Zero "All Stages" in 34:09.83
Publisher
Wow no comments yet. Anyway seems people like to claim encoding. I just want to point out I am planning on encoding this. This is by no means a claim, but just a heads up =p.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
Personally I expected a larger improvement than a little less than two seconds. Then again, that may just be because the original run was so optimized already. Either way, yes vote, because it's an improvement to the published run. PS: I miss the "stupid story" stage comments your previous "all stages" submission had.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Rolanmen1
He/Him
Experienced player (752)
Like you said, the previous TAS was already very optimised (Planned it so i wouldn't have to work on it again), but then klmz found the Temple Skip trick, and then i found that the saber exp farming could be improved, hopefully, this is the last publication of this game. PS: About the stupid comments, i decided to not put it here... because it was so stupid lol.
Active player (276)
An improvement, and still full of the high-speed action you'd expect from a MMZ game. Yes voting.
Techokami
He/Him
Very impressive high-speed action! Yes vote :)
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
It's not much of a change to the old run, but it's still fun nonetheless. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
fast paced and full of actions, i like it. yes vote. i hope one day to see a 100% tas of this game....
Active player (432)
Good show my friend. I enjoyed watching your run. Congratulations on the improvement, keep the Mega Man & other runs coming and also as always, huge thanks to Aktan for the high quality encode. Cheers everyone.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
GabCM
He/Him
(Post #200) HD encode Playlist Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 I have a special request for the one who's gonna publish this submission. Please include the link to the first part. Those annotations aren't there for nothing. What do you think of the use of HQ4X+HQ2X? Does the movie look prettier since I use these filters?
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1632] GBA Mega Man Zero "all stages" by Rolanmen1 in 34:09.83