This is just to reach the highest score as fast as possible, there is a story mode, but it is kind of boring.

Bisqwit: Oh no, this game has longer credits than your actual play was...
Uhum. This movie looks really great. If only it were not tool-assisted :)
Surprisingly small rerecord count: 78.
Lezard: Yeah, but i have played this game so much that i do all those plays in easy mode without slow motion or savestates, but frankly, it is impossible to move like that.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #294: Lezard's SNES Tetris Attack in 03:22.48
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
why did u always stop doing skill chains at x13? it seemed intentional. what is up with that? i dunno, but i think it would be a nicer movie to see a 99 chain hehe. that would need to be in vs mode.
Former player
FODA wrote:
i think it would be a nicer movie to see a 99 chain hehe. that would need to be in vs mode.
Sure. But I dont think 99 is possible. You have a 23x chain at www.tetrisattack.net and with rerecords and slowdowns it could be easy to beat. Nice done Lezard. But why did you use the Europe version? Just a thought =)
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Former player
Because if you keep doing chains after 13, you don't get points, you get zero points per chain after 13, which means it is a waste of time, if you notice, instead of continuing the chain, i formed combos, if you form a combo in the middle of a chain, you get the same points of the last chain done, in other words, you can think as 13 as the last chain. FODA wrote:
i think it would be a nicer movie to see a 99 chain.
No, it can't be done, but the nearest to a 99 would be done vs, as you said, but the blocks in vs mode have a limit in size, and sooner or later that block will be destroyed. Frenom wrote:
But why did you use the Europe version? Just a thought =)
Were you thinking about the Japanese one? Paneru de Pon?
G1MM3 4 BR34|C!
Former player
Lezard wrote:
Were you thinking about the Japanese one? Paneru de Pon?
There is a USA version of the game too =) I wonder... hmm.. have you watched the whole ending credits? its say in the end. "When the POWER is turned ON, Yoshi says "NINTEDO". On that screen use controller 1 and enter "B A L L". Then, even if you do a COMBO or CHAIN, the stack will not stop rising! It will be harder, but YOU can do it!!" That could be cool to watch :)
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Former player
Actually, i did it in the "endless" movie, at the begining where it is the Yoshi face, listen carefully and you will hear a sound, that is the trick.
G1MM3 4 BR34|C!
Former player
Oh.. okey. I didn't thought about that until now when you told me. You should edit the submission so he/she knows that you are using the code when they watching it. Othervise it was well done.
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Lezard wrote:
FODA wrote:
i think it would be a nicer movie to see a 99 chain.
No, it can't be done, but the nearest to a 99 would be done vs, as you said, but the blocks in vs mode have a limit in size, and sooner or later that block will be destroyed.
what do you mean there's a chain limit? make it 2 players, and control both sides.
Former player
The size of the blocks varies depending on the long of the chain, after a x13, the block will not grow anymore, so the size of the block will not be enough to make a x99 chain, unless you get attacked by 8 or 9 blocks the same size, which is very hard, besides, after the x13 chain, you will a "?" icon in every chain, so you wouldn't know the number of it, unless you have a good memory to remember the number play without distraction.
G1MM3 4 BR34|C!
Too bad you can't play the GBC's "Pokemon Puzzle Challenge" version. It has extra high difficulty settings and a garbage mode which can be done constantly despite getting chains. Pretty sure it doesn't have the point bug either.
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
PPC also lets you raise the panels while doing a chain... so you could definitely get 99x on this.
Former player
kotetsu213 wrote:
PPC also lets you raise the panels while doing a chain... so you could definitely get 99x on this.
I didn't know that, i've never played Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, though it would be interesting.
G1MM3 4 BR34|C!
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i didn't want to say cause i think it's obvious but the chains continue to exist after u brake blocks, if their pieces fall into other of same color the chain will be continued, so i don't think lack of blocks would be a problem to make 99x chain on tetris attack
Garbage cannot fall while in the middle of a combo or chain. The stack cannot be raised while in the middle of a combo or chain. I do not know the max garbage you can safely have, but I'll guess it's probably no more than 12 blocks high above the stack, and getting more than that in a regular game is nigh impossible. The stack can go 12 blocks high. The stack is 6 blocks wide. This allows for 144 blocks. The smallest possible chain size is 3 blocks. Thus, the largest possible chain is 48x.
~Seppel
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
what you talking about? garbagge destroyed makes new blocks that ADD TO THE CHAIN when they fall
...and that's included in the math. =P
~Seppel
Former player
What about the button code for the Very Hard mode? Or playing at speed lvl 99....hehe I know that this is not possible, but what speed lvl would be possible to clear?
.:| www.superplayers.de |:.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Seppel wrote:
...and that's included in the math. =P
no it isn't, you can do infinite chains. you can have a chain continued and that chain destroy a new block which will continue the chain. it's infinite. it only depends that the second player keep sending blocks to the first player.
Garbage blocks don't fall if a chain is active.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
omg OK I WILL RECORD A MOVIE TO SHOW YOU.... i play this thing everyday since i saw it, i do it all the time. blocks will fall on top of a chain and will be destroyed, continuying the chain.
Maybe we're misunderstanding each other. Yes, you can get new panels that work with chains when you clear a section adjacent to a garbage block, but I'm pretty sure if a chain is active no NEW garbage blocks will appear. When you stop clearing panels, that's when the built up blocks drop. So, infinite is out of the question.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
oooo ok lol i think you are right, damn i feel like an ass now :P
Former player
I don't know much about the VS mode, lol, i only play Time Trial with my friends.
G1MM3 4 BR34|C!
Former player
Here are verified records/movies, I think it's amazing that the WR time is only 27sec slower: http://www.tetrisattack.net/records/verified/vtarecords.html
.:| www.superplayers.de |:.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [184] SNES Tetris Attack "fastest 99999" by Lezard in 03:22.48