(Link to video)
Hello! This is yet another TAS by me of another game most people probably havent heard about.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: PCEjin svn128
  • Takes Damage to Save Time
  • Heavy Luck Manipulation
  • Kicks several guys in the balls in Stage 1

Game Notes

• The game is very hesitant on luck manipulation. All the enemies, and even a few bosses rely on how things are manipulated in early parts of the run.
  • The Scroll bosses off screen glitch: Normally when you defeat a boss, you have to wait till their death animation is finished to advance. However, by walking away a few steps, the boss object will dissapear because it is outside the draw distane. This basically cuts out the death animation all together thus saving me some frames.
  • By ducking when doing an attack, you can cancel it when you have already done damage. This is useful since this shortens the attacking animation making you start moving faster.

Stages

Stage 1
All I got to say is this. When you pickup the nunchucks, you are a god. Seriously, They fucking STOP BULLETS. These truly are weapons of mass destruction.
The boss was very easy to do. All it takes are some rapid fire kicks.
Stage 2
The twin bosses here were a pain to do. Not because they arent manipulatable enough. No. They are actually TOO maipulatable.
Ill explain later.
Stage 3
In the testrun, A biker spawned on the right rather than the left. This time, both spawn on the left. Im guessing that this is a large frame rule because it takes 15 frames each to turn around and kick the biker from behind. Yet, even with twice the delay, they still spawn on the left! This is just a little taste at how luck manipulation is pretty important to keep track of in this game.
The boss is pretty simple to deal with. I try to make this fight entertaining by moving around a bit. But it doesnt turn out pretty.>_<
Stage 4
This stage explains itself. Moving on!
Stage 5
The final battle! It was defifnitely the hardest part of the run to do. Nearly 2000 of these rerecords were from this final boss!
  • The boss doesnt have a pattern at all. His invincibility frames were quite unpredictable. Not even RAM Watch counted them.
  • The damage I took here was for manipulation.
I apologise if the fight looks incredibly messy.

Closing Comments

• Big thanks to arukAdo, for supporting me along the way as well as doing some work on the stages and testing different strats.
  • I do believe that this run isnt perfect and there may be a few frames to save, but this game is so manipulation based , that I dont think it would be worth it.
  • Now that I finished this game, I need to do a long ass game to compensate. >_<
  • I hope this run doesnt bore you people like my previous work! Please Enjoy!
Suggested Screenshot:
[dead link removed]

DarkKobold PCE! I can judge this! Claiming for judging!
Flygon: Added YouTube module.
DarkKobold Like a player, Lucky Sonikku-star has created another run that isn't just a material TAS. Additionally, the votes don't tell me anything other than the audience enjoyed this run that is only slightly over 4 minutes long. While PCE is not in vogue, it's no secret that you'll see more games published on this platform.
Take a bow, Sonik, your 10th run of the year has been accepted.
Flygon: I am surprised I didn't make an SD encode yet. Processing now.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2912: Sonikkustar's PCE Vigilante in 05:44.40
Somehow, I get the feeling that the screenshots (As well as the TAS itself) are set out only to exemplify TASVideos's nutbusting fetish. I place dibs on the SD and HD encode (Well, Alexra for the SD encode, he could seriously use the Publisher status).
Active player (276)
Sticking it to The Man. Its a short game, and the awkwardness of manipulation does come out on the boss fights. Still, it is good stuff, so I'll give it a yes. I'm sure it is improvable though.
Editor
Nothing much to say here. Just another game completed fast.
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
I don't see why anyone wants to save Madonna but oh well... The kidnappers didn't have a chance. I guess it was entertaining enough. Voted yes.
"Way to go Dude!" Funny run! YES
PCachu
He/Him
That little dance with the level 3 boss was made of hilarity and win.
Eh. Tedious level design, even more tedious bossfights. The only good part was the last level theme, which was ripped from Kung Fu. Voting meh for game choice.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thanks again for the encode, Flygon! This game basically plays like Kung Fu but over twice as long and with more awkward boss fights. The two-twin fight was cool, but I wasn't crazy about the rest. You may have done the best you could with it, but the game is working against you here. I'm voting Meh.
Sonikkustar wrote:
Now that I finished this game, I need to do a long ass game to compensate. >_<
Ooooh... I believe I've suggested Legend of Toki before. Diman made a really good improvement run that he canceled, so that run could offer some good ideas.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I swear it's imrovable. I may check.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
GabCM
He/Him
I like how the main player looks like an untouchable god! But otherwise, it's kind of boring to watch after some seconds, and I blame the game itself. Meh vote.
Sonikkustar wrote:
Kicks several guys in the balls in Stage 1
Are you sure? I didn't see a single "ballkick" in the first stage. I voted "meh" due to bad game choice.
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
Player (42)
I didn't find this run boring at all. It was an easy watch for me. There were also some nice tricks used here that made it interesting. Very solid run, Yes vote.
Expert player (2582)
I'm also voting Yes, it was one of my favourite arcade games back in the day. (yes, I have a strange taste for games...) but this one is pretty well played, and I see no reason to vote otherwise.
I am old enough to know better, but not enough to do it.
Player (244)
Yeah, this run was surprisingly easy to watch. Pretty much just the right length for what a TAS author has to work with. The backgrounds were actually pretty awesome (the New York City background was amazing). Also, the ridiculous interludes concerning Madonna were hilarious, but I was a little put off by their mis(over)use of ellipses. Voting yes.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1677] PCE Vigilante by Sonikkustar in 05:44.40
Post subject: Published movie file is corrupted
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3967)
I tried running this movie file in the publication in PCEjin, and it didn’t play inputs back probably, it was just pressing random buttons on every frame. The submission file didn’t have this happen, so I’m wondering if something happened to the file in the publication process. So far this is the only PCE movie I know that does this.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing