Ninja time again. It´s improved pretty much.
Truncated pointed out some mistakes I did and I wasn´t happy about those. Even though the game looks pretty simple, and it is really, it´s hard to make things good and fast. Mostly because the controls. They are a bit clumsy and you have to judge when you can use the shadow magic for best result.
Anyways, in my previous version I didn´t take damage because I thought it was useless in a game like this. Well, screw energy. Most of the time improvement comes from the bosses. I think I killed almost every boss a bit faster and also I takes damage at boss 1 and 3 to be able to kill them faster. I also fixed some minor stuffs, mostly jumps that could have been done better, and now they are.
About the story again ;) You are a pretty cool ninja that decides to clean up in the drug world. And some bad guy has kidnapped a few kids, which I don´t have time to save =) Poor bastards.
Hmm, stuffs happens for a reason. For example: I don´t stand as close as possible to the robots (forth boss) because then I would knifed them and they would not have been hurt. I don´t knife the ninjas (second boss) more then needed because 1. It takes some time to knife em. 2. I couldn´t knife em because I was not in the right distance, and sometimes the ninja refuses to knife. Anyways, it´s a lot faster.
I think that was it.
Aims for fastest time
Takes damage to save time
Enjoy
/Walker Boh

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #299: Walker Boh's NES Wrath of the Black Manta in 10:36.60
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Wow. O_O That was one fast upgrade. Where do you find the time to do these?
Former player
?I?t??s? ?n?o?t? ?t?h?a?t? ?l?o?n?g? ?g?a?m?e?.? ?A?n?d? ?t?o?d?a?y? ?I? ?g?o?t? ?h?o?m?e? ?e?a?r?l?y? ?f?r?o?m? ?s?c?h?o?o?l? ?;?)?
/Walker Boh
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
My so far only attempt at a run was only 15 minutes, but it took over a week to make. I must be horribly inefficient... Anyway, I never expected it to be this much faster. I was guessing about 10 seconds of improvement.
Former player
So did I..
/Walker Boh
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [182] NES Wrath of the Black Manta by Walker Boh in 10:36.60
Oh, God, I remember this game. I never liked it, but I went all the way through it, just because I wanted to beat it. I remember thinking to myself, "This is the slowest ninja I have ever seen." He can shoot fireballs, he knows Kage Bunshin No Jutsu; why the #$@% can't he RUN?! *Snap* Ninja Please.
He's a bit slow, but he's got style. I always really liked this game because all of the different arts allowed great variety of gameplay -- not that you'd really see that in a TAS. It also has some great text. This one is on adelikat's list of Famtasia runs to improve. I'd like to see that.