• Aims for fastest time
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Genre:sport
  • Emulator FCEUX 2.1.0a
  • Manipulate luck

Summary

At first,I don't want to do this,but after a while I found 2 bugs that can save a lot of time.So I decide to do this movie. The worst thing of this game is that there are many same things,and in the Powerball player cannot do many interesting things

Level 1

Hitting the enemy beside it.And if I use the item,it would be slower than using the bug. In the Joust,I can die for meeting the next enemy,but it is slower than using the bug. It is same in the 2 3 4.

Level 2

The same as Level 1 but the second bug that teleport at the top of the rope

Level 3

The same as Level 2

Level 4

The last enemy of Human Canonball must wait because of the timing that cannot use the bug.
In Wall,I must wait for the map rolling then I can move.If not do so,I will die.

At last stage

Win the game,and end this movie.

feos: YouTube module added.
FractalFusion: Judging.
FractalFusion: Judging from various responses, it seems the run is too long for a game like this, due to its repetitive nature. In addition, there were a couple minigames that from a TAS standpoint appear unconvincing, the rope swinging minus the glitch, and the powerball, maybe due to how the game works.
I'm rejecting the run.

adelikat: Unrejecting and accepting for publication to the Vault

Ilari: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2970: X2poet's NES American Gladiators in 17:28.91
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
HD encode ;)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
I can remember renting the game from Blockbuster (I'm showing my age), popping it in, and crying because I didn't get past the first event. This game is damn near impossible in real time, much less with savestates, so I greatly enjoyed watching it get destroyed here. Great job x2poet! The Human Cannonball, Wall, Joust, and Eliminator stood out to me. Assault and Powerball were "meh" because there's not much to do (but the author did make an effort with Powerball at least). Easy "Yes" vote.
Skilled player (1636)
I watched this in its entirety, and was entertained, so I have no choice but to vote yes.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Active player (432)
Haha looooooooooved the sound effect when your opponent is falling. I was very pleasantly surprised and therefore I vote yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1469)
Oh,thanks. And now I am doing the next movie.
Do the work.
Seems a bit repetative. I was bored before the end of the second level. I think just doing the first level would be an idea. Overall though the run looks well done and the sound is top notch for the NES.
Skilled player (1469)
In the first level It cannot use the 2nd system error.
Do the work.
Skilled player (1306)
Its nice to see you TASing again! This was surprisingly entertaining. I wasnt expecting so much from a sports game. Really nice job! Yes Vote.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
First watch, I didn't have sound on. When you finished level 1, and it revealed that level 2 was the same events again, I said man how long is this what it's 17 minutes no WAY this is worth watching through! Glad I came back to the thread and realized it was worth a shot. With the sound on, and the noticeable added difficulty in the later levels (wow, is this actually POSSIBLE to beat in realtime??), I knew I was wrong to judge so quickly. Nice run! Oh and nice password at the end there, too
I've had experience with this as I verified the current WR on this 5 and a bit years ago. I can definitely sympathize with any poor soul getting this game and being.. dominated on the 1st level. The difficulty and learning curve is BRUTAL! I almost voted Meh though, as I'd have figured a TAS would beat the WR on Points.. but then I realized just how much longer this would end up being to pull that off.. and the game forces things on long enough. I must profess, the 2 glitches exhibited totally rocked! ESPECIALLY The rope glitch where he makes Spiderman look like an amateur. Those 2 bumped me up to a definitive Yes! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Skilled player (1469)
Thanks,and I have learned many interesting words from your expression. BRUTAL,ha...
Do the work.
Skilled player (1670)
I have to agree with you, this game is too much of the same thing. It didn't cut it for me, so I have to vote no, sorry.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Skilled player (1404)
Is there a hack that lets you play as Steve Urkel?
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Amusing game, but about three or four times too long. You can basically watch the first four minutes and see everything the movie really has to offer (except for the last obstacle course and an increase in difficulty). I think this is pretty good for a sports game, but it doesn't have enough options for variety. However, I was fairly amused by the gimmicks, at least the first time, and I think this deserves a Meh vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
Definete yes. The screams made me LOL
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
I watched this movie a couple times. At first, I liked the screams, and the couple glitches (the rope-swinging glitch and joust glitches). I'm sure everyone who voted yes here did. However, the movie just dragged on for too long. The run is basically the same thing four times (apart from the end), is very slow-paced, and doesn't seem to be technically meriting. The wall-climb one was probably the best entertainment. The rope-swinging one was too long, particularly in the later levels, and the powerball one is just pointless. I didn't know for a long time that the level ran on a timer, not that it really improved my opinion of it. Perhaps the game was really so hard that it had to look like that. Perhaps the game was infamously bad enough to attempt a run, like Action 52. But the lack of entertainment or interest seems too much to overcome. In light of this, I vote no. Using a password (which allows the player to jump to Lv 4 directly) may improve the TAS by cutting down repetition. But who knows? Also, a disproportionate number of people voted yes on this one. Nostalgia?
Skilled player (1636)
FractalFusion wrote:
Also, a disproportionate number of people voted yes on this one. Nostalgia?
I watched it from start to finish without the slightest inkling of boredom. Perhaps it is the fact that it is sufficiently different from a run-right for justice movie? I'm not sure, but it wasn't nostalgia for me. Hope that helps with the decision.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Active player (422)
I don't know how to vote for this. I agree that the run is too long and repetitive, which is the game's fault. But it is done very well and has a number of entertaining parts. (especially the screaming) What are the minimum requirements to advance for each event (game)? Is it possible not to do 100% to be faster? In powerball, it seems that there should be plenty of time to goof off.
Skilled player (1469)
Using the password I cannot use the second glitch. Powerball is equal to bonus time.It cannot fail but to wait such a long time.Slow movement kill the powerball. Dying in the joest can make it see the next enemy,but the attack is slower than using glitch.
Do the work.
Editor, Experienced player (894)
It's a funny game that has moments which look very impressive thanks to being superplayed. It also has a decent amount of waiting time. I'd say, the glass is half-full in this case, and therefore vote yes.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
I haven't seen this game before. The concept is utterly stupid; an 8-bit game based on a show where the whole point was checking out hardbodied individuals in spandex. Now I don't think anyone got off on Leisure Suit Larry, but it was absolutely hilarious. Here there's no plot and not even any background music. But x2poet clearly put some work into this so I'll vote meh instead of no.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
It's definitely more fun to watch the old TV show then this run. While it's nice to see somebody destroy it, if it wasn't for the fact that the game loops so many times, it might be worthwhile. But because it does, I can only give a MEH vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
I found it quite boring. I am sorry, x2poet, but, in my opinion, this TAS isn't publication-worthy because the game is awfully repetitive.
AzumaK wrote: I swear my 1 year old daughter's favorite TASVideo is your R4MI run :3 xxNKxx wrote: ok thanks handsome feos :D Help improving TASVideos!
Editor
This version while buggy and glitched out, is not as good as the Genesis version. It's too repetitive for me. Meh vote.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.