Submission Text Full Submission Page

Pac-Mania TAS by GGheysJr

• Emulator Used: Gens 11b
  • Aims for faster time
  • Manipulate luck
  • Genere: Plataform

About the Movie

This TAS was very easy to do, you notice odd movements, that is to deflect the ghosts, that's all
Suggerent screen: 6515
Enjoy

GGheysjr: I canceled because to audience dont like the idea
GGheysJr: I'll let the judge decide

DarkKobold: This TAS makes no sense on many levels - first, it seems incomplete - you just stop after 4 levels. Secondly, your goals seem unclear. If it is max score, you don't kill many ghosts. If it is speed, than you kill too many. Thus, I'm rejecting it as suboptimal/incomplete.
All that said, this is a really bad game choice. I doubt anyone could make a TAS of this worth publication.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2989: GGG's Genesis Pac-Mania in 02:57.88
Active player (276)
I'll throw an encode together, its been a while since I did. EDIT: Are you meant to only do the first 4 stages, or are you going to actually put up a TAS that finishes the game??
GabCM
He/Him
This looks like a simple Pac-Man play, by an expert. A TAS is about beating an expert player. And I think that a Pac-Man game like this will never make a TAS that surpasses human skills. Unless you find a way to manipulate the power-ups (in term of time before it appears and the power-up itself) in Pac-Man Arrangement. Too bad, I have to vote No.
Jungon
He/Him
Player (40)
Shouldn't you be able to perform jumps in this game or am I daydreaming here? o_o Without jumps and avoiding ghosts the long way, I don't think this is optimised at all, voting No too =P (Does this game really have an ending to be reached?...) EDIT: Ok, now I remember =P shouldn't you be trying to make more green pills appear in the middle? They speed up Pac-Man, which would be a great item for speedrunning =P EDIT2: The game has 19 rounds, ... although there are only 4 different labyrinths. Well, if you can make a 16 round interesting run with different moments and overhuman skill (really needed on the last rounds), ... ..... ... otherwise I don't think this game is a good choice for TASing.. o.o
*Jungon*/*Johnnyz* smilie weirdo =P ^^ o.o @__@ +D
BigBoct
He/Him
Editor, Former player
Voting No because your routes seemed unoptimized, and you completely forgot you can jump in this one. Also for skipping the first couple maps.
Previous Name: boct1584
Banned User, Player (142)
Pac-Mania? Yes Entretainment? NO I vote NO for game choise
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry