Note: After the input ends, wait for the final Link to complete suicide so the credits would roll.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: VBA23
  • Abuses glitches
  • (Very) Minor luck mainipulation
  • Colors a dinosaur the world game

Comments

In the previous run, Link had to take a detour to Ganon's Castle to make use of the stairs to go OoB. Now, Link skips that and completes his quest to save Zelda obtain Four Swords. This run takes on a different route to the Palace of Four Swords and ends up 3382 + 52 frames faster. Also, the ending has been changed to fix some desync issues that sometimes occurred in the previous run.

Other Comments

This run might be improveable with better luck (at the gaurd) and possibly ending the battle even earlier.
Thanks to the efforts of Tompa, the guards have been altered and the battle ended even sooner.

Special Thanks

• Tompa - For his work on manipulation, optimizations and route finding/planning.
  • Greenalink - His discovery of the "Cursed Link" glitch
  • RexZemenheart - For discovering it's possible to get to the Palace of Four Swords.

Flygon: Added YouTube module.

mmarks: Sorry Flygon, Replaced YouTube module.

Nahoc: Sorry Flygon and mmarks, replaced YouTube module.

Mukki: Judging...
Mukki: Accepting as an improvement to the currently published run.

sgrunt: I will publish this in the next day or so.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Banned User, Player (142)
Starting HD + SD encode
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks
Editor
It's so nice to see our hero tun into some blob thing and win after dying. Silly bosses, slime owned you. Yes vote.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
This is almost similar to the run [1588] SNES The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (USA) "warp glitch" by Tompa in 03:44.65. But as is new, I vote YES
[18:51] <scrimpy> Oh, nothing [18:51] <mmarks> oh [18:51] <Nach> I think scrimpy is just jealous of you mmarks
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
This time I'm going to test some faster strategies, something that I "forgot" with your last submission. I saved two frames outside the castle before dropping down the hole. Possibly more to come!
Why are all the "A Link to the Past" Zelda games so broken?
No.
Editor
DrJones wrote:
Why are all the "A Link to the Past" Zelda games so broken?
Nintendo never expected Left + Right + Up when a player goes up a set of stairs. So the bug exists.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Skilled player (1705)
Tompa wrote:
This time I'm going to test some faster strategies, something that I "forgot" with your last submission. I saved two frames outside the castle before dropping down the hole. Possibly more to come!
Good Luck! Also, did you managed to have better luck with the 2 guards? I can't seem to get them to cooperate. I'll try to see if the last battle ccould end sooner. Edit: Ok, I've ended the battle 10 frames faster. Also, Tompa, incase you find a new strategy, I renamed the file to "LttP TAS v10 - jlun2,Tompa.vbm". Once you've finished your improvement, you can hex edit the 10 frame improvement in. =)
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Looks good, and nice improvement! The sound of the rupees constantly counting down is annoying though. Voting yes anyway.
Former player
mmarks: you should probably go with a second encode, the audio on that one seems to be of rather low quality (I hear static almost everywhere in it).
YouTube HD SD Download My lord, this game has terrible audio quality. Why didn't they use new samples instead of ripping them from the SNES? Yes vote onto the TAS, either way. Uploading my own HD and SD encodes as soon as Team Fortress 2 finishes updating now. Yes, I'm aware there is improvements, I'm slow, okay? :p
Patashu
He/Him
For a screenshot how about 4:57ish in Flygon's screenshot, where there's a minus sign in the rupee count?
My Chiptune music, made in Famitracker: http://soundcloud.com/patashu My twitch. I stream mostly shmups & rhythm games http://twitch.tv/patashu My youtube, again shmups and rhythm games and misc stuff: http://youtube.com/user/patashu
Editor
The most glitched up Zelda run is improved. Of course it is a yes vote.
Editor, Experienced player (608)
Patashu wrote:
For a screenshot how about 4:57ish in Flygon's screenshot, where there's a minus sign in the rupee count?
Something like this screenshot from frame 17569? EDIT: Removed my unoptimized screenshot. Looks like 17569 was used for the publication though. Glad I could help.
Oh my, I though my screen broke when I saw this run! Nice exploit!
Former player
I could build some of my time to see It, so yes vote.
Skilled player (1705)
Thanks to Tompa, the run has been improved by 52 frames due to his work on mainipulation, optimization, and route finding. Can someone please replace the current file with this?
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
It's actually 52 frames faster, just a note. The improvement came from better manipulation, some optimizations and a better route.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Very nice! It's nice to see a different glitched route (sort of like the glitched run of Links Awakening vs. the DX version glitched run). Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Editor, Experienced player (852)
mmarks wrote:
jlun2 wrote:
Thanks to Tompa, the run has been improved by 52 frames due to his work on mainipulation, optimization, and route finding. Can someone please replace the current file with this?
re-encoding in HD + SD
I'll do the HD encode, then. Edit: YouTube HD.
I still don't understand what causes...that to happen, but it's far too hilarious to vote no.
Player (59)
•Greenalink - His discovery of the "Cursed Link" glitch + method to get to the Palace of Four Swords
I wasn't the first to discover the glitched method to enter the Palace of Four Sword. RexZemenheart was the first person to make a video on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDlvliJMCow But I was the first person to discover the Cursed Link glitch.
greenalink.blogspot.com
Skilled player (1705)
Greenalink wrote:
•Greenalink - His discovery of the "Cursed Link" glitch + method to get to the Palace of Four Swords
I wasn't the first to discover the glitched method to enter the Palace of Four Sword. RexZemenheart was the first person to make a video on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDlvliJMCow But I was the first person to discover the Cursed Link glitch.
Oh, sorry! I fixed the submission text to reflect that. Thanks!