Submission Text Full Submission Page
-Emulator used:PSXjin2.0.1
-100% completion
-Uses death to save time
-Takes damage to save time
-Abuse of glitch
About the game:
Crash Bandicoot is a platform video game published by Sony Computer Entertainment, produced by Universal Interactive Studios (now the defunct Vivendi Games) and developed by Naughty Dog for the PlayStation. It was released in North America on August 31, 1996 and in Europe on November 1996. It was re-released for the Sony Greatest Hits line-up on September 15, 1997 and for the Platinum Range on March 1998. It has since been re-released as a downloadable game for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable via PlayStation Network in North America in 2006 and in the PAL regions in 2007. Crash Bandicoot is the first installment in the Crash Bandicoot series, chronicling the creation of the titular character at the hands of the series antagonist Doctor Neo Cortex and his henchman Doctor Nitrus Brio. The game's story follows Crash's effort to stop his creators' plans for world domination, clean up any pollution they have caused, and save his girlfriend Tawna, a female bandicoot also evolved by Doctor Cortex and Nitrus Brio.
Abou the TAS: This is a 2 minute and 9 seconds improvement of my old run. I changed some minor shortcuts and improved some areas.The glitches are the same of the previous run.

Mukki: Judging...
Mukki: As I noted in the thread I thought the run to be suboptimal. I've since gone to the trouble of going through the game making direct comparisons where I could between this run and the currently published run. Some levels must be played in exactly the same way in both runs and so were good for comparison. Here are the most useful of my findings.
LevelFrames Slower
Jungle Rollers90
Rolling Stones30
Native Fortress510
Lost City111
Rolling Stones is interesting because they are almost identical in both runs save for the fact that the spinning is not optimised in this run. It is a short level and the later levels get much longer, therefore one can infer that losses from suboptimal spinning could be up to a second per level throughout the run. Jungle Rollers is interesting because a couple of timed objects are not reached quickly enough (due to suboptimal spinning) and this can snowball into a greater loss. Native Fortress is directly comparable and is indicitive of the more complex levels in the game and in this run it is a considerable 8.5 seconds slower. It should also be noted that the current run has some frightfully bad randomness halfway through this level and so can be faster still. In the Lost City both runs use a gem route though this one is almost two seconds slower. The run was getting better by this point and the author was certainly improving, but it is still far from optimal.
This is certainly a far better effort than your previous submission and you are certainly becoming more skilled at TASing. A run of this category can certainly be published here but please post WIPs in the thread so that mistakes can be spotted before this point. My own personal estimate is that close to another minute can be shaved off this and I hope that you make the effort to effect these improvements. As this game already has more optimal site precedent this run is not acceptable. Rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #3048: turbofa's PSX Crash Bandicoot "100%" in 1:15:10.67
Editor
I hope it looks better then before.
When TAS does Quake 1, SDA will declare war. The Prince doth arrive he doth please.
Patryk1023
He/Him
I'm going to say good, but how many records count?
<Nach> scrimpy is fretty with her sunglasses on I'm here. never visible.
GabCM
He/Him
Patryk1023 wrote:
I'm going to say good, but how many records count?
Patryk1023
He/Him
Much better than last!
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (550)
You could not have watched the thing, it has not even been 1 hour since submission.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1235)
NitroGenesis: he fastforwarded ;)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Patryk1023
He/Him
xD Veeeeeeeeery funny feos. I didn't get the PSX emulator, so I've fast forwarded xD
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4136)
Patryk1023, please don't vote if you didn't watch the movie.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
Former player
Well.. I watched the entirely movie.. It looks.... well.. better than before. Meh vote. Keep trying, Turbofa. You are almost there (i guess).
Everytime I get home My neighbour's cockroach is in my bed
Warepire
He/Him
Editor
Big improvement to last time, but you need to be more patient, even if it takes a while for someone to comment on your WIPs in the forum it doesn't mean the run is perfect. It's a long video and not everyone can spare about 2 hours just like that (I am also counting time to test if things can be done better where it looks odd so we know what to say). I know how it is when you're just starting and want to show something as soon as possible but spending some time on the project really digging in it and testing everything that comes to mind usually pays off. I will vote meh because I still believe it's possible to take some minutes off this with some thought and patience.
Post subject: crash bandicoot 100% video
Banned User
Skilled player (1085)
I watched the first few levels and your jumping and spinning is not optimal. Spinning gives you a small speed boost, but your speed is then cut considerably when the spin warms down. This can be avoided by jumping a frame before the velocity cut takes effect. I go into this in detail in my submission text for the any%. Some of the levels should be directly comparable to a 100% run. This game is difficult to optimise for other reasons set out in that text (the game has a bug where it stops you spinning consistently, therefore you must carefully plan where and when you spin in order to maximise gains). Don't rush it! Post level by level WIPs in the thread and people will watch them and point out mistakes. Otherwise you will continue to make the same mistakes and your work will be wasted. I won't vote since I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing yet, but based on the strength of what I did watch it would probably be a no vote.
This run looks pretty darn good! But I have a question about the levels in which you failed to smash crates, but didn't die. Wouldn't it have been faster to suicide on those levels, since Check Points were near open pits and such, if you weren't going to collect all the crates on those levels? The levels "Road to Nowhere" and "Lights Out" could have benefited from jumping into an open hole. However, Jungle Rollers would not have. The Check Point is simply too far away. Anyway, solid run otherwise! It does make me wonder how they calculate the percentage of completion in this game, though... 1% for each Perfect stage completion, minus The Great Hall and Cortex's boss stage, 35 exits in all. From 35% to 100% in one stage. ROFLMAO...
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look. -=( http://jolikmc.tumblr.com )=-
nice run, was waiting for a nice 100% of this game and now i've gotten it, YES for me
live life
Joseph Collins wrote:
It does make me wonder how they calculate the percentage of completion in this game, though... 1% for each Perfect stage completion, minus The Great Hall and Cortex's boss stage, 35 exits in all. From 35% to 100% in one stage. ROFLMAO...
i thought the same and i think the bonus stages count as % ( but since you still get the good ending from the gem, it seems that they didn't care....) anyway, this run is far more better than the old one might be improvable but good enough for me to give a yes vote.....
Active player (292)
I'll give it a weak yes, some parts seemed improvable
Active player (440)
I don't know how much this run improves in terms of execution, but right away I can see all the little improvements in style and entertainment. Stuff like the frantic movements while waiting on moving platforms during levels like Upstream and The Lost City really spice up the run in a good way. I particularly enjoyed it when you died on the same frame you beat Ripper Roo, that was freakin' hilarious. Koala Kong was still a little weak in the entertainment department but then again, it's Koala Kong. He's a boring boss anyway. Overall, this gets a yes vote from me, on a purely entertainment perspective. No doubt Mukki might reject it because of suboptimal spins or whatnot, but you have my back turbofa! :)
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... minty!